Writer's Assistance Group 203 members · 182 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

This thread is really for those people who really want to write, and they're in a good mood, and they're excited for it - and then comes the big question, a form of writer's block that may not be actually considered a type of writer's block, but is: What should I write?

There are plenty of people on this site who have plenty of time, but not enough ideas. Likewise, there are people who have plenty of ideas, but not enough time. (Then there are the people who have plenty of both, but I'm not going there.) Personally, I'm the latter, but this is to help those who don't know what to write.

primalcorn1
Group Admin

Excellent thread idea! When I want to write but don't know what to write, I just sit down and let my imagination wander. I have an overactive imagination (which is why I don't make a habit of partaking in horror media) so that method works for me

294076 I have a WAY too overactive imagination. WAY too overactive. For example, read cupcakes, wrote 5 different possible sequels within 10 minutes in my head. All of them scary as fuck. I scare myself sometimes.:fluttercry:

Random things tend to inspire me. For instance: I got the idea earlier to write a romance story (non sexual) about Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle just because I heard Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me". Maybe it's different for other people. *Shrugs*

Dash Is Best Pony
Group Admin

294075 Try and find inspiration in life. If you sit down and want an idea to come to you, I doubt it will, unfortunately. Take a note from Foxi Hooves here ^ :twilightsmile:

Since this is FiM, you could always rewatch some of your favorite episodes. If there's a part there that makes you want to ship some ponies, or one that gives you an idea of "what if it went like this?", then that might be a great idea.

I mean, honestly the SOLE inspiration for my fic was the pun between Manehattan and Manhattan. I don't even remember why, but I was thinking about the Manhattan Project. Then I was like, "Hmmm... What about the MANEhattan Project?". Then things kind of fell in place. Obviously Twilight would be the sciency one to be involved in the making and then blah blah blah. It all came to me over time. The important thing was that I liked the idea though.

Errr, anyway. The basic lesson there was supposed to be that just find something that you enjoy and write about that. Can't expect yourself to write about something if you don't have any desire to do so. :twilightsmile:

I hope that helps in some way! :raritywink:

You have no idea how much that sounds like me! (Inspiration by song, I mean)

Wait, in your head?
First off, that's amazing.
Second off . . . *shiver* Remind me to stay away from your stories.

Actually, I don't need help with ideas. I already have 7 to work with, which is what I'm doing.

Wait, what am I doing typing on this thread?
MUST GO BACK! MUST CONTINUE WORKING ON STORIES!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6