Badass Twilight = Total Domination 4,257 members · 1,234 stories
Comments ( 59 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 59
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

(Click the poster)

http://www.fimfiction.net/group/568/badasstwilight-total-domination/thread/83491/sign-up
The Exiled Twilight Contest is here!
Now for those who do not understand the poster
This contest is to be focused and Twilight and her exile, the reason for exile is left up to the author
Only three of her friends can help her in the story without risk of death
Anyone other than the three friends will be punished severely, preferably by death
You have four months to write a story over 50,000 words
Two months for 25,000 - 50,000 words
One month for under 25,000 words
Sign up at the link under the poster (Please note two of the judges will come from BadassTwilight=TotalDomination so there will be a bias among some of the judges. One judge will be requested from each group participating)

The winner will be featured in any of the participating groups that are willing to feature the story (BAT=TD will feature for sure)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Aww fail one second while I try to fix Fimfictions screw up

Interesting.

Comment posted by Balancer deleted Jan 30th, 2014

Her freinds don't have to help though, right?

Edit:
Anyways, one more question.

When's the dead line?

Comment posted by Pleaseworkforonce deleted Jan 30th, 2014
Comment posted by Balancer deleted Jan 30th, 2014
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2727732 No they Don't and each deadline is either 1, 2 or 4 months from the 30 of this month

Bum

2727622 Can it be a crossover?

Bum

This is going to be good, I have always loved exiled sories!:pinkiehappy:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask questions. :fluttershysad:
But I had some before I started this.

1. The rules mention how only 3 of Twilight's friends can assist her. I assume that means the other members of the "elements of harmony task force," Spike, the princesses, and family. Or is it just the elements of harmony and spike? I just want to clarify that real quick before I dive right into this.

2. It said "4 months for the 25,000-50,000 category." But I'm wondering if there's an exact due date or is it safe to assume the deadline is: "May 30th - 2014?"

3. What technically counts as "assisting Twilight?" I assume it's: "Join her on her exile / have constant contact with her."
Or can her friends not even talk to her during the course of the story?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

1 Anyone you could consider a friend of hers
2 June 2nd
3 Going out of their way to assist/ keep her informed
(Also reply to my comments for faster assists)

Alright, I have noted that down.
What if she makes new friends during the course of the story, or does that still qualify as going over the 3 friend limit?
. . . . .
I...should probably just stop talking now and get back to work. ^-^a
Bro hoof? /)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

She can make new friends
Anyways unless you blatantly break a rule we are pretty merciful
(\

Got it, thank you for the quick and speedy answer.
[IOU one drawing]

2727622 can one of her friends be banished with her?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2954109 yes they would count towards the limit though

This question is unrelated to the contest, but what artists did you use on that poster. Some of them are really cool

So, I don't want to join the contest, but I REALLY want to have some of the artwork you used for the contest banner. That is some absolutely fantastic art! Could you possibly link to some of it?

I second what Vertrom said, those works are really nice.

Only three of her friends can help her in the story without risk of death
Anyone other than the three friends will be punished severely, preferably by death

its safe to say that everyone can help her just as long as only three survive by the end of the story

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Yes you can do that. You may even get bonus points if most people don't use the second part of the rule:pinkiecrazy:

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

All art work came from these posts and I'm pretty sure Asa gives a link to all the artists
1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

Do the stories have to be set before she becomes a princess?
Does the Crystal Empire count as part of Equestria?

Sorry for so many questions I just wish to know the bounds I will be permitted to work within

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2965265 Thats fine, also for quicker responds respond to one of my posts, I don't get notified when someone posts on my threads
1. They can be set the day she is born, her coronation day, after several generations, and anywhere and everywhere in between. (Aka there is no set time)
2. Authors choice.
Pretty much as long as you do not directly contradict a rule you are free to do whatever. We don't want fifty copies of the same story after all

But of course, that many of the same story would be boring to read after all.
Just wanted to clarify about the Crystal Empire. I would be sadden if after Twilight was spoilers and ran off to see spoilers in the Crystal Empire I was disqualified because it was still in Equestria :derpytongue2:.

How does sign-up?
Seriously I'm new to the whole fimfiction forum thing, and I'm not sure what I'm doing. So how does one actually sign up for this contest?

2965391 Can Twilight return as an evil maniac to conquer Equestria?

I have an idea. It would make a fantabulous game, but maybe not such a good story. I don't know code, so I'm trying to write it... But it would still make an awesome game.

Are we allowed a happy ending where Twi comes home, and the ones who caused her banishment are made low?

Dulldaze
Group Contributor

Is it too late to join this?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3239334 nope. look at sign up area for more details

Dulldaze
Group Contributor
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

We gave them an extra month look at the bottom of the sign up page to see why

I have a question about the poster? Are the Images on the bottom images from different fanfics? If so are they from exile fanfics? And are these fanfics posted in the groups stories?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

They're all from deviant art, ask asaharris for more info

Whelp, my story's up and completed. :trixieshiftright: Now where the bloody heck are my 50k+ opponents?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

They should be posting soon:applejackunsure:

Ah yes, massive alerts might have that effect on people. :pinkiecrazy:

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

:applejackunsure: Their lose if it doesn't

3334036 I'm one of them. I just finished and it was posted in the folder by someone else.

Oh good, I'm not alone. I hate when contests (or in this case, a specific portion of a contest) only gets one entry.

3335574 I know how you feel. Anyway, good luck!

You too! I fret that the... mature nature of my story may shoot me in the foot, though. :fluttershyouch:

3335632 I don't read mature stories. I rated mine teen for what I thought I should have had in the story. It has sever fight scenes, slight blood, and a tricky story-line. I probably could have had it longer than just 50,185 exact words, but I was pressured in recent times, so I had to cut it short.

But the best part about it, is that it isn't finished! I have a sequel planned for it when all my current stories calm down.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 59