Badass Twilight = Total Domination 4,266 members · 1,245 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So i just got around to reading Twilight's Dollhouse , this is one of those stories I've heard of before, thought it was interesting by the title alone but never really checked it. It had just been gathering dust on my to read list for a long time. Recently i got to reading it. And by the stars i feel bad for ignoring this story so long. And i also have come to believe that Twilight in this story, also named the Dollmaker, is the closest thing the fandom has ever come to having a Nightmare version of Twilight. Yes, even closer than Midnight Sparkle. So here's a summary for those who haven't read it. (spoilers ahead)
So the story starts with Shining Armor dead due to causes never specified but it's said it was an accident. Twilight, who is an alicorn is walking sadly and full of grief through the castle halls to go and comfort the now widow Cadence. Where she gets there she finds many empty wine bottles and Cadence dead having committed the process of self death so to say to keep trigger words out. Long story short, that broke Twilight. She has nightly nightmares about that day she found Cadence dead, her mental health declining to the point she isolates herself from others, feeling betrayed some of them just believed her when she said she was fine while she struggled with trauma and grief and the guilt she had for feeling she was somehow to blame for her family's death and worst of it all, she became self conscious about her immortality as an alicorn and her friends' mortality as simple ponies. She is in constant fear of the future, knowing full well her friends will die and she'll have to burry and grieve them all one by one and if she made more friends she'll do it again over and over, her life turned into an eternity of grief and loss as she will some day do what Cadence did and end her own life. The paranoia of having her friends die and she herself living on and on and ending up like Cadence slowly eats her out. She starts slipping into insanity and becomes obsessed with completely erasing death from Equestria so that way she can have her friends forever and ever and she won't have to worry about losing them. She goes so far as to study forbidden and dark magic in her search. Eventually she crafts a miniature version of Ponyville which she calls the Dollhouse or New Ponyville. Her plans? Slowly and one by one poison everyone in Ponyville she considers a friend so she can get them into a state of near death and cast a spell to turn them into living dolls that will never die that she will imprison in her Dollhouse, forever to play with, forever to stay as her friends. Even if she has to torture them when they misbehave. How does it go for her? Well i ain't going to spoil it go read it yourself hehe.
But anyway that was the summary you can go read the rest and i assure you, it's totally worth it. The idea of Twilight going mad or something similar after all her friends die isn't something unknown to the fandom but the idea of her becoming self aware of her immortality early on and that drives her to the edge is quite interesting i will say. Now back to why i think Twilight the Dollmaker is the best idea for a Nightmare Twilight, putting Midnight Sparkle to shame and being the closet thing we as a fandom have to a Nightmare Twilight.

So let's start with getting a grasp Nightmare alicorns a bit. So the one we're most familiar with is the mother of them all, Nightmare Moon, Nightmare version of Luna. Now, Nightmare Moon didn't just show up. She was the product of millennials who knows how long of neglect and loneliness. Luna wished for someone to appreciate her and the night she ruled. But nopony looked at it. Nopony knew her for she only came out during the night for that was her time of rule. Her own sister probably too busy with royal duties to pay attentions to her younger sibling's sorrow. Luna felt alone and neglected and all of it built up till it reached the breaking point and so Nightmare Moon was born, a corrupt version of what Luna represented and had only one goal in mind. The night shall last forever.

Now we have some clues based on that. We know Nightmare alicorns are corrupted versions of alicorn princesses, twisting and corrupting what that alicorn represented and seeking to impose supremacy and continuity of whatever it is the individual alicorn represents. For example, Luna was the alicorn princess of the night and the moon and so Nightmare Moon wished to bring night eternal, maintaining the superiority of night over day. We also see that Nightmares don't just come into being, the alicorn must first be put through some tragic event(In case of Luna, the constant neglect, loneliness and the feeling of not being appreciated) and be driven to the breaking point.

In the show we come across Celestia's own Nightmare version, Daybreaker. Now i am aware Daybreaker was just part of a bad dream Starlight was having but it also sounded interesting that Daybreaker told Celestia, "I'm what you could be" indicating that had Celestia been driven to the breaking point, then she would have become Daybreaker. And Daybreaker also seems to fit the bill of being a corrupt version of what Celestia represents. Looking at her we see she's covered in fire, what would be expected from a being representing the sun and it wouldn't be surprising that she would also demand for there to be eternal day. Maybe Celestia's rule was being challenged, maybe they didn't see her role as necessary anymore and even started preferring the nighttime over daytime. Hence causing Celestia to feel unwanted, unneeded, her work and everything thrown away and unappreciated, causing her to impose harsher rules, soon becoming a dictator ruling with an iron hoof and bringing upon eternal daytime to let everypony know who rules them, know they can't escape her solar providence, know that the day shall last forever.

Cadence, alicorn of love, isn't usually portrayed as a nightmare. When she is she usually is portrayed as a debauched hedonist looking for further pleasure and sexual ecstasy. Basically she goes full Slaanesh(shout-out to fellow chaos fans). This idea is usually played around as a joke but i think it may not be so far off from the truth. So the breaking point would begin when Cadence and Shining stop being a thing. It could be they broke up, she caught him cheating and left him, he caught her cheating and left her or even Shining dying. It doesn't matter how what matters is that Shining is removed out of Cadence's life, leaving her with a void she can't fill. Cadence will soon realize she needs love in her life for without love she is nothing. So after not being able to get back with Shining she gets back into the dating market. But still even when she tries others she still feels like something is missing. Date after date, hook-up after hook-up, Cadence still can't seem to fill the void completely however it does provide her with some short term happiness. She comes to convince herself that maybe she just needs more love in her life so she starts getting more debauched and perverted. Slowly but surely she explores different partners, discovers new kinks and fetishes going so far as to break taboos. Eventually she decides to start her own harem and she brings ponies and other creatures in whether they want to or not. In her view she's just helping ponies be happy and finding herself more love partners, even if she's literally having a filly raped by her own father for her sick satisfaction as she's pegging a dead stallion. Soon she goes mad with lust, hellbent on getting everyone to join her harem and spread her love and passion to everyone in Equestria. Soon Crystal Empire falls to a dictatorship of lust and desire, every citizen serving to satisfy the needs of their corrupted and perverted Empress. Soon war breaks as Cadence seeks to take over the rest of Equestria and subject everyone to her passionate rule. Nobody would be spared from her lust. Not even her aunts, or her friends, or her sister-in-law, or even her own young daughter. She'll rest at nothing to fulfill her mission, to make it so that love shall last forever.
How this Nightmare Cadence will be called there doesn't seem to be a consensus but i know one thing for sure. I'm calling dibs on this story! I'm starting to write asap as i finish with this post rn lol.

Now back to the main course. Twilight Sparkle. Alicorn princess of friendship. Many consider Midnight Sparkle, from Equestria Girls, as the cannon version of Nightmare Twilight. To that i say, yes it is an evil version of Twilight. But it doesn't quite meet the criteria to be a Nightmare Twilight. Midnight Sparkle is the result of the human alternate of Twilight experimenting around with Equestrian magic, getting corrupted by it and seeking to get into Equestria so that she can gain more magic. Now yes, it very much represent the corruption of Twilight's lust for knowledge and skill in magic. But Midnight Sparkle has one major flaw that disqualifies her from being a Nightmare Twilight. Midnight Sparkle does not corrupt the concept of friendship, which Twilight as an alicorn represents, nor does she try to establish its superiority and continuity. Not to mention Midnight did not come from a breaking point, but rather just a human girl doing what humans usually do and play with things we don't understand and ended up as a demon dominatrix mommy i definitely don't want to step on me and whoever said i do is just a lying government agent trying to put mud on my image so just ignore them and don't look into my internet history. So yeah, Midnight Sparkle doesn't fit the bill to be called as a Nightmare Twilight.
However back to Twilight's Dollhouse. Twilight is traumatized after her family dies. Suddenly she becomes conscious of her own immortality and her friends' mortality. The thought of her friends dying and leaving her alone to live forever haunts her till she breaks, she becomes insane and looks into dark magic in search of a way to forever end death. She builds a dollhouse, a replica of Ponyville in her basement which she later will populate with her friends who she one by one lured, nearly murdered and turned into living immortal dolls, forcing them to play with her or be tortured for noncompliance, twisting their friendships into an abusive relationship where Twilight is over attached and unwilling to let go of her friends even if that means she has to hurt them. Her goal? Simple. Make it so that Friendship. Shall last. Forever.

And that my friends, is why i think Twilight the Dollmaker from Twilight's Dollhouse is the best and the most accurate version of a Nightmare Twilight that ever was, in cannon or fandom. And like that i rest my case but tell me what you think of it I'm very eager to hear your opinions.

And remember kids, self death is bad and if you do that your friends will go insane from grief and start turning people into dolls and probably kill a bunch of people so please for Mother Anarchy's love don't do self death your life matters a lot.

Thats a nice argument senator but why dont you back it up with a source?

Which part of my argument you need backup for?

Also sorry for late reply been busy with life

Do-

Its a Max0r reference. Metal gear rising revengeance. On youtube.

Yeah all i know from Metal Gear is the name lol and that a friend of mine is pretty gay about the characters. But that's about it.

Great now i'm curious if there's any nightmare cadence Story's

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7