Spike Fanfictions 2,959 members · 5,591 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So how hot do you guys think his flame was in this scene.
Because consider this:
Ice is not melted instantly under heat. It takes a lot of heat to melt ice instantly and the more ice there is, the longer it takes. Also depends on the type of ice.
He melted the whole cloud, which is hundreds times his size easily, in seconds.
He didn't burn it from all around at the same time, he started from the bottom and burned all the way through to the top, not surrounding the ice in heat, which would be most effective.

Because that must have been an insanely hot flame. We are talking hot enough to kill just by being close if I have to take a guess.

Oh boy if he get into death battle I let Wiz and Boomstick handle that

would have to go up against a fire-proof enemy if that have to stand a chance.
That or one that can move before he reacts.

that or a lot of cartoonists. animators, comic artist and such don't know a lot of science or alter reality to make a better scene/ story.

that is very likely, but part of the fun of being in a fandom is trying to figure out how certain things works when reality is applied.
Like the heat of fire that takes to melt a ice-cloud.

Well consider that lava, which dragons swim in for fun and spit out of their mouths, is roughly anywhere from 3000 to above 5000 Degrees Fahrenheit. They also have dealt with diamonds. Now considering that rarely do diamonds erupt with volcanoes but have to be dug out(there were instances where dragons ate diamonds) you would have to deal with high heat and pressures. Now that is hot.
However... There's been times where spike was sweating in the desert and jumps back when other dragons tried to burn him.(maybe he wasnt sure if he was fire proof). The shows consistency about how spike works is vague. Best guess, he would have to put at least 5 to maybe 9000 degrees of heat to the ice. Any higher, your talking about nearing the suns surface temperatures.

While the fire would have to be very hot, we can also consider how strong the ice would be.

Just frozen and how solid it would have to be aswell. He’s melted locks before

Well, seeing that this is a land with magical talking unicorns, there's plenty of leeway to be sure, but my biggest concern is about the weight of the cloud and how it freezes, because if you take the cloud and purely turn the water into ice, then there wouldn't be much of a change, since the water vapor would be just as dense as it was previously, but what the arrow seemed to do was not just drop its temperature, but actually create ice, and the water in the cloud may have been a catalyst for more production than initially designed for, meaning that we have no idea how dense the ice would be, nor how stable/what form the ice would be in, let alone what magical properties it may have, so just using that cloud would give an estimate so inaccurate that it's practically useless. Plus, I can't help but remember the scene in "Inspiration Manifestation" where he melts a lock in just a few seconds of small, albeit concentrated, flames, so we know that the energy potential in his flames is at least able to heat up that metal, which I can only guess is iron, to it's melting temperature in about 2 seconds, meaning that if it is iron, then his fire transferred at least 50,000 Joules of energy to the iron in those 2 seconds, if my math is correct, but that's about as much as I could gather with my limited knowledge

Stop clouding the issue with facts

never I shall ruin everything with my useless facts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11