S.S. Fluttermac 554 members · 209 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

I've been noticing a disturbing lack of new FlutterMac around here?

How can we fix that?

I think the problem, really, is that it's not really an interesting pairing for reading about.
Basically, you've got them meeting up, working up the courage to get together (and that part is interesting), but once they're together, things get kinda boring to read about. Both Macintosh and Fluttershy prefer stability. They're not really going to be going out of their way to look for adventures and things. They'd mostly be externally driven plots rather than being about Fluttermac.

That said, I think a story about Fluttermac dealing with changelings trying to eat their love could be interesting.

Alex12 has a point. Fluttermac is a very simple shipping, but simple doesn't have to mean uninteresting. For me, you have to make the relationship itself more than just "Shy girl gets courage".

You could make them both shy and play off of that. You could make a good story and just include them. You could make a funny situation where they are the result. There are so many ideas you could go for and sadly it is mostly "shy girl gets courage".

Comment posted by FinnPony deleted Dec 26th, 2013
Comment posted by FinnPony deleted Dec 26th, 2013

How about a story where they get married?

I think one problem is that pretty much all the stories have been done. It's hard to put a new spin on it.

I just think we need new authors writing about the shipping.

You mean about the actual wedding prep/wedding itself?
Or one that ends with proposal or marriage?
Or one that just has them happily married and stuff happening?

I would suggest a short collaboration project with several writers to make a single story. A group of short stories or a long story written piece by piece.

Probably a story from the point of view of the ponies who see them in different places, and the rumors they start.

That's my two bits on the subject.

Try a recruitment center.

A little bit of Fluttermac goes a long way. Their stories are usually free from drama, just as they would prefer. :)

Maybe all of those things. I bet that it wouldn't be easy for Bic Mac to propose Fluttershy? Or how nervous Fluttershy would be evening before the wedding. I think that there would be some good writing material there.

Honestly guys, if you don't mind going against what we know and making the fiction really, "Your own," you can easily put your own spin on it.

Above me there was a joke about changelings eating their love. Make it dark.

How about war breaks out and Macintosh is forced into service? Set them apart. Give him a hard time in combat. Maybe injure him. Give him PTSD. Break his confidence.

Creating conflict can cause plenty of ways for you to go ahead and make storyline elements. It's fiction. Do what you want. Sure, Fluttershy is going to be shy, and so is Mac, but put them in a bad situation where they have no choice but to change or act.

Make Fluttershy get lost in the Everfree and come across a group of violent animals that proceed to break apart her very idea of what a cute little bunny is like.

I know these examples are dark, but what better? Darkness is something we know best. It can't all be cute and fluffy, because it's boring. Therefore, we have this thread.

You don't even have to make it violent or gritty.

Put them in a situation where one character is slowly losing their mind due to outside forces, and the other has to watch. Bring forth the idea that the character losing it, knows they are, and can't stop it. Flowers for Algernon being the premises for this idea.

Well, I don't think I've seen the damsel in distress play yet. You could go with a love triangle of some kind, pull a Romeo and Juliet and have the whole thing go up in flames because of miscommunication, or maybe have someone use a love potion on one of them and play that for drama. Some of the best conflict in ship fics comes around when you throw in multiple conflicting ships. Cheerimac vs Fluttermac could be interesting.

2461197 Shrapmo, u talkin' bout meh :yay:

Well now that Fluttershy's parents will be introduced, maybe some Fluttermac writers will begin writing some meeting the parents stories. :yay:

Have them get together after a failed first marriage (for either or both of them)

IT'S ALIVE!!!! No seriously, active again after so long?

Fluttershy's first episode in a long while triggered my Fluttermac side I guess. And parents are a good trope for some people. And it's been a while since there were any posts. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21