M/M Shipping 2,814 members · 1,294 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I wonder...
This thread is for ponies who want to come in and give out pairing ideas for anypony who needs them, or just talk about various pairings, or whatever.

I have a particularly one I like that nopony does, Davenport/Filthy Rich, with Filthy as a sort of single dad that falls in love with the handsome, small business owner Davvie. Oh, and potential drama from a company takeover is present.

Any more pairings you think'd be interesting?

spirit shin
Group Contributor

oc pony pairing, i think there needs to be more of it.
but my fave so far is braeburn/soarin

Wow! I love that one. There's not enough single dad love stories. And you could add drama from Diamond Tiara not wanting her daddy to be a Colt Cuddler, because she's been very socially correct. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

I'd suggest Doctor Whoof and Mister Breezy, as long as we're assuming it's the David Tennant Doctor, or the equivalent, just for the manly Scottish love moments ^.^

There really aren't enough good male characters for M/M shipping. Maybe Iron Will and somepony like Ace or that Disco pony.

Well, I have one planned for Trials far in the future of a generic Pegasus Guard (dubbed "Hoplite," or "Phalanx" or something) and Cool Star, who is a pony with a blue star cutie mark who doesn't freak out at the sonic rainboom and so who I headcanoned as the captain of the guard for being so level-headed.

You know, then fraternization follows, and then Celestia has Star resign but go on to do recon work along with his lover.

And as for the Doctor...I still pair him with Derpy. I just have him as...open to other experiences.

Of course, my Equestria is rather liberal, so that works for me. Same issue makes no drama from Diamond not wanting Filthy to be a colt-cuddler, but I can draw it from the fact that she seems to be overall annoying. That and she has no mother.

But as for good males, you just have to headcanon them, honestly. I seem to be going a Lucky/Written Script route in Trials for no good reason other than its funny. But I like bringing in completely unknown stallions with no backstories too...

Well, I have an OC pair of guards, Golden Stare and Rosy Cranberry. Golden is Captain of Celestia's palace guards, and Rosy is always with him because they're married, which is VERY unusual in Equestria. Filly Foolers are considered both normal and socially acceptable, with some older families feeling that daughters should seek out good girls for marriage to increase the standing of the family thanks to lingering matriarchal ways. Colt Cuddlers are despised, though thanks to Celestia's commands not openly. At least that's how my Equestria works, just thanks to gender percentages.

Meanwhile, I pair Derpy with Carrot Top. Wife, co-mother, sweetheart, comforter and baker of muffins.

I can accept some headcanon males as Colt Cuddlers like Pokey (I saw a great story with him), Ace, Ponet. And, of course, Steven Magnet.

Well...in Trials!Equestria more or less the entire population is completely pan or in denial about it...though I tend to emphasize M/M relationships more (and M/F in the case of the mane cast).

Pokey/Ace is like, canon as far as I'm concerned.

And Ponet would be an interesting pony to find a match to...
And funnily enough I see Hoity as single and asexual...usually due to some tragedy.

I like him as a mentor figure, it'd be a good role for him, especially as he's not actually that snooty, at least for a Canterlotite.

True. Hoity has HIGH standards, but they are attainable standards. He's a pretty good guy, really. And I would totally ship him. Usually with Photo Finish, but I don't like that very much, I can't pair kind with unkind. But unkind pairs make sense to me, like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon or Trixie and Gilda. Maybe put him together with Horte Cuisine or the piano player from the Gala.

M/F pairs with the mane six? Heh, and I'm all F/F with them. In my Equestria all the females are Bisexual with a staggering minority of Heterosexual females, while all the stallions are functionally heterosexual with a slight bump to the middle of the Kinsey scale with a few homosexuals.

Ponet is a nice question mark. Maybe for an OC.

Well if you aren't a fan of Fleur, Fancypants is an option for Hoity.

Hehe, sadly, I am a fan. So much so that I made her a feature in my new series, "Dames of the Tea Table."

I would adore, and I mean adore , a Mac x Soarin combination.

That'd be ridiculously cute. :raritystarry:

This.
Mac x Soarin' would make me very happy.
*hint hint*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11