The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,458 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

In my story, Oh, To Be a Blank Flank Again, Silver Spoon talks with Diamond Tiara about what her life and cutie mark means. This takes place when the characters are much older; Silver Spoon has been going to a university and the CMC have gotten their cutie marks.

So, here's the question. SPOILERS AHEAD: Sweetie Belle talked with Silver Spoon and told her about the current goings-on of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and gives her a pendant as a sign of forgiveness for the events in Cheerilee's class, which caused Silver Spoon to rethink things about her cutie mark and what she was doing. Silver Spoon relays all this to Diamond Tiara over the course of the story. Does Sweetie Belle get a character tag even though she has no real lines in the story despite this effect on Silver Spoon's character?

I'd vote for no. :3

1218849 I'm thinking no. Unless she's prevalent in most situations, don't character tag. She does have a fairly big role, but it sounds as though it was just that one scene that caused the whole chain of events.

My opinion is that you tag your story based on what a reader would be looking for. If they want to read about DT and SS, and your story caters to them, tag them. If they see the Sweetie tag, come in, and don't feel quite like they're reading about her, then that tag shouldn't be there. Spoilers are always a consideration, as well. If a character has a major presence, but revealing that presence would hurt the story, don't. If they're supposed to be a secret, but losing out on their audience would hurt more, tag them.

1218849 Nope. In this case, Sweetie Belle is a plot device, not a character.

I'd just put the CMC tag. It'll work... I guess

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7