Alternate History Bronies 732 members · 629 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Watching a documentary on Boudica made me wonder. If Boudica's rebellion had been successful, or if not, other native Britonic rebellions against the Romans were, how would Britain look today if it had never been Romanized

Britannia may have had more Celtic architecture than it does today but even if her rebellion was successful the romans would of probably just sent a larger army to win back the lost territories.

Celtic culture would have survived longer and Christianity would have come to Britain at a much later date.

Yes, but how long would it take? I mean, the Roman Legions weren't unstoppable, look at Teutoburg Forest for one example

Mmmm hmm

Christianity would have come to Britain during the Crusades.

So around the late 10th century or so

Yes. Centuries after the collapse of the original Roman Empire.

Wonder how that would go....

It would depend on if the Celtic weapons and military got upgraded or not. If their weaponry got advance, then they would have a better chance at surviving an invasion from the Christian nations from mainland Europe, mostly the Kingdom of France and the Holy Roman Empire Of The German Nation AKA the First Reich. But if the Celts still have the same technolgy from the time of the original Roman Empire, tey would not stand a chance against the Crusader armies.

Yeah, true. Also wait, was the HRE legit the 1st Reich?

Yes the HRE was the First Reich.

Huh, then what was the 2nd? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Reich in German just translate to Rich?

Rich is just one of the meanings of the word Reich. Reich also means Empire. The Second Reich was the German Empire that existed from 1871 to 1918 that was ruled by the Hohenzollern Dynasty of Prussia. And of course the Third Reich existed as the nominally restored German Empire from 1934 to 1943 and as the Greater German Empire from 1943 to 1945 under Adolf Hitler's regency.

AKA the time Germany was ruled by a drugged up Austrian artist (Who actually wasn't that bad an artist), that ruined the Charlie Chaplin mustache.

:eeyup: The time when Germany was ruled by the man who could have been the Walt Disney of Europe if the Second Reich survived World War 1.

Heh. I mean, its thanks to the Treaty of Versailles that Hitler went from "Presumed crazy man who wrote an emo diary and also posed in shorts for pictures to get women to like him" to "Ranting dictator/mama's boy attempting to rule the world."

:eeyup: If there was no Treaty of Versailles and no Weimar Republic that made Germany into a social and economic basket case like Zimbabwe and Venezuela, Hitler may have gone back to art or even become a cartoonist instead of going to politics.

Yeah, I mean its a shame he was rejected by the art academy he wanted to get into, but the dude had talent

I know right. He was certainly more talented than that Stalin worshiping pervert Pablo Picasso.

Hey now, Picasso had talent, even if his artwork was....bizzare

I am more into Salvador Dali.

True, same like with what happened to Alexander's army after he kicked the bucket (Granted, that's probably because his last words, on who would succeed him after was something along the lines of "To the strongest." His generals then began infighting and making mini-Kingdoms

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23