Alternate History Bronies 732 members · 629 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hi there everypony. And happy Easter. :twilightsmile:

Listen, I've been pondering this question for a while now - " what if queen chrysalis had won?"- I've been curious on the idea of an alternate history about what would of happened if the Changelings had one at the invasion of Canterlot? I think it would be a good concept for a possible story or story series, however I keep rounding back in a circle.

I haven't been able to find any other examples with a similar concept, so I have nothing really to push off from. If anypony has some ideas of their own or knows of a story that tackles this subject, please share with me. I'd love to hear. :twilightsmile:

p.s - to the group moderators. I don't know if this forum post goes against the rules of the forum. yes, I have read them, but i'm not sure if this qualifies as a no no. If it does, please tell me before deleting it. it would be much appreciated. Thanks. :twilightsheepish::facehoof:

I say that there would be two different scenarios, and would depend on what the entire populace would feel after this.
A.) After Canterlot falls, the rest of Equestria surrenders due to their crippled morale. Soon enough, Chrysalis establishes a puppet state and/or goes on to annex the country in a couple of years. Whoever's in power would rule the country with an iron fist, swearing allegiance to the Changelings. Since the Changelings rely on love to survive, assimilation wouldn't be an asset. Instead, Equestria's culture would remain the same, the only thing they have to do is be subservient to the queen and her new empire.
B.) After Canterlot falls, the rest of the population won't have it; and attempt to retake Canterlot. Due to the Changelings' numbers, Canterlot is retaken and they inevitably fall. If the queen dies, her country would be in mourning and sign a truce that would end the war. If she gets away, then Equestria would probably go on the offensive or remain on guard as the war continues. On the other hand, if the Princesses survive, everything will be back to normal; but the incident will be a huge scar in Equestrian history. If the Princesses don't survive, someone new will take power... or they can abolish the Principality in exchange for a Republic. Continuing the war or ending it would be up to them.

I remember at least one story about Chrysalis winning... apparently years in the past. The story, as far as I read it, was of Twilight having awoken Matrix-style inside a cocoon, then diving back into the cocoon so she could re-enter the link and try to wake up more ponies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3