All-OC Stories 2,264 members · 2,912 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Ezn
Group Admin
Ezn #1 · Feb 4th, 2012 · · ·

So I guess these groups are FIMfic's answer to forums. Nice.

Consider this a test thread, and talk about whatever.

It seems that we're a mildly popular group, how exciting!

Ezn
Group Admin

Indeedy! I didn't know so many folk liked OCs this much. =P

I am a toaster. :moustache:

my little sister is so dislectic she spells cat with a -un-

I have no idea what that is. I just posted how I really felt inside. :unsuresweetie:

A great group! I think that OC ponies are very underrated. In reality, they are the best way for the writer to develop both the plot of his story and the characters, for the writer has no restraints while writing about OC.
Oh, and I'll also toss my story here as soon as my space fire monkeys go to sleep.
>_>
<_<
They're creepy...

Ezn
Group Admin

The problem is that OCs are often just idealised versions of the author thrown in for wish-fulfillment. So when people think "OC", they often think "Mary-Sue", which is really sad.

Still, OCs can and often are done well (Fallout Equestria would probably be in this group if it were on the site). As long as you make actual characters, you're good.

(also when you write an OC-centric story you don't have to work about getting everypony IC. =P)

Hello...Sorry new to this site. Quick question, how do I publish stories? My chapter is about 1,276 words long but It won't submit. Do I have to change it to compeleted?

Ezn
Group Admin

You don't have to change the story to Complete, no. See here. Keep in mind that it may take something up to a day for your story to show up in the new stories list, because of moderation.

258395 I see thank you. One more question: where is this publishing button?

Ezn
Group Admin

Should be in the dark grey bar under your story's name.

"Test thread", you say? "Talk about whatever", you say?

Very well, then! How about I turn this into an introductory post? :twilightsmile:

Hi all!
I swear, I had something much more interesting in mind to say, but for the life of me I can't recall what it was.

Carry on. :moustache:

So, here I am, searching through this wonderful group when I see there's not many comments in any of the threads here. Is there anyway we can make it more active? Perhaps have discussions on some of the awesome examples of OC in the group and discussions on the characters therein? I admit I'm a bit selfish here, wanting to make my OCs the best they can be and I think discussing other people's characters will do wonder for my own characterisation.

Oh, I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Croswynd, a bit of an amateur writer, as I'm sure most of us are. My work in the past has primarily consisted of fan fiction, with My Little Pony being the latest universe I've decided to delve into, but I've done quite a bit of original fiction as well. I've heard my strengths are characerisation, while my weak points are overarching storytelling and writing down to the reader. I am also the proud owner of a rather large story in this very group, Unmarked, right now sitting at 104k words of, I have to admit, somewhat boring storylines and horrible, horrible puns. On the other hoof, people who read my writing usually end up enjoying it, if only because my technical skills in the grammar and sentence syntax department are above average.

But that's enough about me. Let's get the community into some lively debates and such. I've always found getting involved and organizing such things makes everyone who attends a better writer in at least some way!

Ezn
Group Admin

It would be great if we could get that sort of thing happening! If anyone has any good ideas for threads, please do start them. Props to Lady Moondancer for the OC guide thread – we need more like it!

You and 288380 have given me an idea for a new thread.

Mind if I make a 'General Discussion' thread here, Ezn? Might help for the members to get to know each other if we have a place to discuss whatever.

Ezn
Group Admin

Please don't feel like you need to ask my permission to make threads, dude! I mean, you still have to bring me virgin sacrifices every Tuesday for being mighty group admin, but you can make whatever threads you want!

Then I shall create a community under your nose!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21