Crossovers 7,383 members · 10,976 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Now I've been listening to Brandon for quite a while now and let me tell you, he knows how to make a banger.
This track is simply perfect, we got our beloved mistress of the night and guardian of dreams facing against this eldritch horror (by My little pony standards) also known as Freddy Krueger.
As for who would win... I would give it to Luna. Don't get me wrong Freddy would be pretty hard to take down and he would definitely scar poor Luna for life! But the more you look into it, the more silly or straight up ridiculous the chances of Luna winning becomes. Like she could just grab him and wake up and BOOM he's as vulnerable as any other human.
But that's just my opinion, what about you? Who do you think should win and why? Also go check out Brandon Yates channel he's one hell of a musician!

That's definitely something I want to see after watching Freddy Krueger meets MLP.

Wiz: Freddy Krueger, The Nightmare on Elm Street. Slayer of horny teenagers.

Boomstick: And Luna, The Canterlot Alicorn Princess of the Night. Guardian of Dreams.

Wiz: Come night time, we lie down in our beds to rest and enjoy some sweet dreams, or suffer horrible nightmares. But these two manipulate our dreams and nightmares for either good or evil.

Boomstick: He’s Wiz and I’m Boomstick.

Wiz: And it’s our jobs to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win… a DEATH BATTLE.

They only exist because the King allows it

Sounds like Brandon agrees with you.

Outside of the first movie, I'm unfamiliar with Freddy in the other films. I don't recall if Luna enters the dream realm through an out of body experience or if she pulls an 'Alundra' by just walking into a hubworld of dreams, but that might make all the difference on how one views the process. If she can't pull out, or gallop out, or even considers that pulling Freddy out would make him defenseless in time, then she's dead.

Her singer brings up a good point in the song as Luna has dealt with nightmares before (+ exp), but if I recall from that one episode where they were fighting that big pony that looks like a silhouette of space, they had to keep it within the dream else it would be unstoppable in the waking world, keeping Freddy safe (- misunderstood insight).

Comment posted by Edward Dreamwalker deleted May 3rd, 2023

fighting that big pony that looks like a silhouette of space

The Tantabus, which was conjured by Luna as a sort of self-punishment for her succumbing to her jealousy thus becoming Nightmare Moon.

It was defeated by Luna forgiving herself.

I'm sure you could've guessed that I wasn't a fan of that episode. :twilightsheepish: The only part that I remember fondly was the singing flowers.

...and I didn't get the lyrics right. :twilightoops: I thought it was, 'Look at me, aren't I cute, I'll keep singing on for hours. Hours and hours, so unbearably cute, watch me solo on this flute.'

The first part didn't rhyme... but it was catchy.

Frankly, that should have been a season 1 finale instead of the Grand Galloping Gala.

The fallout of Nightmare Moon would have been still fresh in everypony's mind(Luna especially) and the GGG would have been the closing moments of a much more heartfelt finale.

But hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9