OC's Unite 1,478 members · 2,402 stories
Comments ( 54 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 54

Character info: Just a short summary on your Oc, tell about their backstory, etc that you’d like to share. Please include things you’d want mentioned in the tale.

Name:
Type: Fighter,Healer, etc.

Stats: I shall roll dice to determine these out of a possible 1-20. They will afect how your character comes across in story.
Str:
Int:
Dex:
Wis:
Cha:
Con:
Luck:

Skills: You may pick four of your choice, that you desire to bring on the adventure that will aid you. I shall roll dice to determine strength.

Ex: Cooking, Swimming, Balance etc.

Feats: These will be special atks, buffs for your character, you may pick three. I'll roll to determine strength. 1-3

1.Poor chance of working or coming up in the story. High chance of backfire.
2.Moderate chance of working or coming up in the story. Might Backfire.
3.High chance of working or coming up in story. Never backfires.

Ex: Dash, Dodge, Homing atk, Lightning speed buff , etc.

Equipment: You may pick five items of equipment, I’ll roll dice to determine strength.

Ex: Wooden shield, Steel helmet etc.

Setting: Of the first adventure. Out of 1-5 the setting will be chosen at random, after all characters are entered.

1.Canterlot.
2.Ponyville.
3.Badlands.
4.Everfree.
5.Crystal Empire.

Quest: Of the first adventure. Out of 1-5 an quest will be chosen at random, after all characters are entered.

1.Princesses have been ponynapped.
2.Secret powerful item has been stolen.
3.Chrysalis has attacked.
4.Needed item needs to be retrieved.
5.Pony needs to be Saved/Captured.

Special item: For the first adventure. This item will be given to a character at random, you may give it away or keep it. If you give away this will count as your one “Give away.”.

Said item might be good or bad.

Quest Item: Bag O’ Bits.- A quite large bag of Bits, you look within and find it contains 1,000 bits! Only your character may spend them if ” A Choice” arises later. This item may carry over multiple quests, if your character dies the bits will be lost.

The Choice: At the end of each chapter a choice will need to be made, this choice will be given by I The GM. The character who make this choice will be chosen at random, I will then roll dice on what the outcome of said choice will be.

It may lead to a death of said character or a teammate, in this case an opening within the team will be reverted back to here. If your character dies, you must sit out for one adventure as a new oc by another takes your place.

Yet if they or another dies, you may submit a new oc to be placed back in rotation.

The choice may also lead to a buff for said oc or a teammate if the chosen wishes to give said item to another, they may give away an item or status effect once. It can be a buff or something like poisoning etc.

Which will follow a character for a whole chapter, until a new choice may have a chance at removing or healing a buff or status effect. If a poisoning lasts for multiple chapters it might soon claim a character.

6198608 This is an odd choice, incorporating our lord and savior RNGesus into a fanfic. This is for a fanfic, right? Almost
can't tell.

What about species, what can we be or can we use any?

Yes it is a fanfic. with elements of a rpg.

Any species seen in the mlp universe is acceptable.

Neat. I'm not sure exactly how to react. I've got a lot of characters, even some made for Pathfinder. Dunno how any of them would fare here.

So can like say my avatar on here counts as one?

If you fel any of them would like to enter into an adventure, then feel free to enter one. It could end up great or bad, perhaps somewhere in between for them lol.:twilightsheepish:

Yep. As long as he is a known species in the show's universe. i prefer characters not be alicorn, since in the context of the universe it is set aside for royals.

Comment posted by Kye Belmont deleted Nov 12th, 2017

Hmmm... Sunny, Strawberry, Jade, Middy, Mooneh... Not Viola, too sci-fi... Not Lemon, no alicorns... Mysty? Maybe... Pepper? Definitely not... Tough choice.

Do we need to be there?

If you enter a Oc i'll build the story around the stats etc. Only time you will be in control of anything will be if you are chosen to choose a choice. everything else is in my charge as I build the story.

It's not a rp or anything, it is a story with elements of a rpg. Stats affect how I will write your characters actions.

EX stands for example or except?

If you are a magic based species, then yes you may use magic.

Use Feats to add a certain magic atk, buff etc.

Sunny and Strawberry are already dedicated adventurers, but they're also my most precious... Jade's a Gunslinger and Middy's a Bard... Moongleam... I don't know if anyone can write her well, so no. Frosty? I don't think so. Knowing my luck the dice would screw her over in the Str stat. Mystic is an interesting pair of ponies, maybe them. Starry's a safe choice. Blueberry would be hilarious.

In short, I have a lot of varied ponies and quite a few of them would be good choices.

Well think it over, if you can spare a character let me know. If a spot is still open, I'd be happy to have him/her in the group. I will do my best to write each character as In-Character as possible to their Info given.

Let RNGesus decide. Roll a d10.

The D10 roll was guided by fate yet oddly enough...

A 5 was rolled.

I see that there will still be a 50/50 chance of one of your Oc's joining us.:rainbowlaugh:

I'm off to bed, leave info, comments or questions here .

:twilightsmile:

Probably, though before I do, I still have some thinking to do.

Well this is going to be difficult. I only have one OC that's a pony, however she hasn't made her debut yet. While I should care for her, I'll let the dice choose her fate (I'd make a terrible father:derpytongue2:).

Her name is 'Hopeful Dreamer', she's an Earth pony that was born in a Unicorn family in Canterlot. Her life growing up wasn't a happy one as she was constantly mocked by her peers due to the fact that they were Unicorns. It brought her to a point where she declared to them that 'An Earth pony can do anything a Unicorn can do'. Sense she can't perform magic, she fails but still believes in what she said, which inherits the nickname from her peers 'Hopeless Dreamer'.

She's now an inventor that has accomplished many forms of technology that is a little bit of a step up from the tech in MLP, but also kinda something humans can grasp (working with electricity, making a miniature sun, a solar panel, a digital sundial). However, many of those inventions blow up in her face and doesn't get any recognition of the work she puts in (which is something she really wants). She hates magic and is very isolated from others. Her hope is always being shattered, and she does belittle herself (by talking down to herself), but that spark of hope never really fades away in her.

Hopes personality is roughly based on Basil's (from the great mouse detective) upbeat personality and his habit of speaking while going off on an idea. She's also on brink of madness at times and can change from personalities like a light switch.

Name: Hopeful (Hopeless) Dreamer
Type: Cloistered Scholar
Appearance: Because I'm to lazy, here are some pictures.

Skills: Creative-thinking, Observation, Tinkering, Cautious.

Feats: Unicorn Blood (Lowers elemental attacks inflicted upon her), Macgyvering (Effectively making something useful while on the fly), Keen eye (Spots weaknesses for critical damage).

Equipment:
Cloak
A scholar hat with a feather in it.
Saddle bag on her right side holding unique tools (notebook, grappling hook, medicine, potions, and feathers)
Saddle bag on her left side holding basic tools (hammer, knife, some flint, rope, and feathers)
And a canteen of water.

I've only played D&D once so I'm probably going to get her killed. But this is meant to be like a little game, so I'm not going to let her fate effect me. Although, giving the description I made of her at the top, that might help fill in some of the stats without the usage of a dice.
*Deploys kitty for obvious attempt on getting on dungeons master's good side.*

Well Now. Let's see how the numbers treat this guy.

Born the last of the crystal pegasai, Wind Shard was orphaned at a young age. He was sent to an orphanage where all the children there were leery of him because of his claims of "talking with spirits". His claims garnered him the nickname of "Phantom Howler". However, instead of shunning the name, he instead embraced it once he earned his cutie mark, a gravestone with a spirit curling around it. Many consider him to be crazy, but his so-called abilities have proven themselves useful for warding away monsters from towns. Perhaps he really does talk with spirits...?

Name: Wind "Phantom Howler" Shard
Type: Spirit Charmer
Appearance: Periwinkle coat with crystal sheen, slightly shorter than Big Mac, black mane and tail, light orange eyes.

Skills: Stealth, Cooking, Light Sleeper, Trap Busting

Feats: Crystal Coat (Take less physical damage than normal), Spirit Call (Summon a spirit to attack the enemy), Necromancy Rune (Bring back the dead)

Equipment:
Bismuth Locket
Rune Scroll
Disguise Kit
Sound-dampening Boots
Cooking Kit

Character info: He learnd most magic from his mother, manly battle magic. He attened Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns for a couple of years befor starting to travle around due to his parents separating. His mother went to be a royal guard in the Crystal Empire.(if need more info just let me know)

Name: Abyssal Shield
Type: Sword Mage
Race: Unicorn with batpony blood(father is a batpony)
Am on mobile at the moment but a Picture of him is on my home page.

Skills: Cooking, Sword magic, and Fast draw

Feats: Unicron magic, Night Vision, and Combat Casting

Equipment:
Bastard sword
Mercnary jacket(a black jacket with magical enhanced pockets)
Bracelet on his right hoof(magic infused by what is is to you, but its a family airlum)

I have played a DnD based Pokemon game once...
Also anything else me know:twilightsmile:

Take thy time, hope Mystic can maybe join us!

She is an excellent character, if i may say so!

Though no amount of kitties can sway the dice!

But if it makes you feel any better, only two of the quests on deck have a high chance of death. the other three are high in adventure and friendship, but nothing a few smart characters couldn't handle.:twilightsmile:

i'm off to roll thy fate!

May Dreamer have stats to protect her on this upcoming adventure!

Character info: Sturdy Forest was thrown out of the imperial guard due to his tendency to easily loose his cool and attack foe and ally alike. He took to a life of drinking afterwards, but after beating his own mother close to death, he decided to turn over a new leaf. Through rigorous training, he managed to get his own emotions under control, to the point where the only emotion he seems to display is disconnected indifference. (even if he does feel emotions normally). Not being able to look into his own mothers eyes, he then started a life as a mercenary, traveling all throughout equestria.

Name: Sturdy Forest
Race: Earth Pony
Type: Brawler
Age: (Human years) 36 (might have to adjust, depending how you do pony lifespan).
Coat color: Mocha/coffee brown
Mane/Tail: Dark Brown(almost black)
Cutie Mark/Talent: Tree with roots visible / Strong Earth Pony magic

Skills: Acrobatics, Survival-Tactics, First-Aid, Wood Carving

Feats: Earth Pony strength(Atk bonus), Earth connection(high poise/hard to knock over), Castle of Stone(Defense buff in exchange for lowered mobility)

Equipment: 
1. Steel horseshoes
2. Light Armor(Leather?)(No helmet)
3. Throwing Axes(2x)
4. Camping equipement
5. Rope

Thought that party needed some sort of tank to be complete, so I thought up this guy, have fun with him ^^

Str:14-Above avg.-low. (17) As long as saddle bag left is useable.
Int:17-High Int.
Dex:14-Above avg.-low. (16) as long as canteen is useable.
Wis:14-Above avg-low. (12) as long as saddle bag right is useable.
Cha:16-High Cha!
Con:10-Avg Con. (13) as long as cloak is useable.
Luck:10-avg luck.

Equipment.

Cloak-17= +3 Con! In excellent condition!
Scholar Hat with feather- 10 = +0 to Int.- Avg to poor condition.
Saddle bag of wisdom on right- 6= -2 to wisdom.- Poor condition.
Saddle bag of strength on left- 17! = +3 to strength! - Excellent condition!
Canteen of water- 14. = +2 to Dex.- Fair condition of water.

Skills.

Creative thinking- 3! = High chance of working and never backfires!
Observation- 2 = Moderate chance of working. sometimes backfires.
Tinkering- 2 = Moderate chance of working. Sometimes backfires.
Cautious- 2 = Moderate chance of working. Sometimes backfires.

Feats.

Unicorn Blood- 2 = Moderate chance of working. Sometimes backfires.
Macgyvering.- 2 = Moderate chance. Sometimes backfires.
Keen eye.- 2 = Moderate chance. Sometimes backfires.

Wow! Excellent character!

You are in!

I shall roll now for your fate! :twilightsmile:

cool beans, if you need me to flesh out his backstory more or anything, just lemme know.

Mystic is more suited to Slice of Life than adventure, because of her ability. I considered Strawberry, as she's more of an adventurer. But ultimately, I decided on Jade.

Name: Jade Bloom
Race: Unicorn
Class: Gunslinger
Skills: Perception(Awareness is very important for an adventurer), Alchemy, Marksmanship, Knowledge of magic
Feats: Rapid reload, Precise shot, Dodge
Equipment: Musket, Paper cartridges(bullet and gunpowder wrapped in paper), Bandolier, Alchemy kit
Character info: Jade Bloom was born with a very limited magical reservoir, meaning she was unable to use most spells outside of levitation. With her weak magic, she decided to pour her time into magical theory in school, hoping to find a way past her limitations. While she ended up very knowledgeable about most types of magic, she wasn't able to overcome her limited magic. So after that, she turned to alchemy, having come across it during her studies and found it useful. Alchemy typically was more of a Zebra thing, but since it was a decent alternative to unicorn magic, she took a liking to it. After a while, something else caught her eye: firearms. The relatively rare weapons were interesting to Jade, who felt she needed some sort of different hobby. She got a musket and spent a lot of time practicing with it. Then she got an idea. She could use her skills in alchemy, knowledge of magical theory, and her musket to help others in need. So she decided to be an adventurer.

And just for shigiggles, Here's her Pathfinder sheet, to give you an idea of how I built her.

Stats

Str:9 - Below avg-poor.(5) as long as Throwing axes are useable.
Int:4- Very poor. {5} As long as camping equipment is useable.
Dex:18- High Dex!
Wis:1- Very, very poor.( -2) as long as rope is useable.
Cha:11- above avg.-poor
Con:17- High con! (18) as long as armor is useable.
Luck:13-Above avg-fair

Equipment.

Steel Horseshoes- 10 = +0 to Dex.- avg-poor condition.
Light armor- 13= +1 to Con.- avg-fair condition.
Throwing axes- 2 = -4 to strength.- very,very poor condition.
Camping Equipment- 13= +1 to Int. Avg-Fair condition.
Rope-4= -3 to wisdom. Very poor condition.

Skills.

Acrobatics- 3!- High chance of working- never backfires.
Survival tactics.- 1 - High chance of never working- Just about always backfires.
First aid.- 1-- High chance of fail. backfires almost always.
Wood carving- 2 - Moderate chance- Might backfire.

Feats.

Earth Pony Strength- 1- High chance of fail. Just about always backfires.= +1 to strength if works!
Earth Connection- 2 - Moderate chance- might backfire.= +4 to Con if works!
Castle of stone- 3- High chance of working!-Never backfires! = +2 to Con if works and -4 to Dex.

This was an interesting set of rolls.:twilightoops:

The last two in will be Wind Shard and Jade!

If any character falls, I shall revert here to choose a new hero to take, their place!

I will roll for wind and jade soon, i need to make a run to the store for now lol.

Thank you all sooo Much!

I will roll now for

Quest.- Pony needs to be saved!
Setting.- Crystal Empire.
Special item.-Jade gets the Bag o' Bits!

Guess my buddy forest will get himself killed pretty soon :rainbowlaugh: Wow, those are some really, really shitty rolls ^^

I guess he should throw these axes in the next dumpster :D

Stats.

Str: 8- Below avg.-poor.
Int: 10- Avg. (8) As long as Rune scroll is useable.
Dex:17- High Dex.
Wis: 3- Very,very poor. (5) As long as Bismuth locket is useable.
Cha: 20- Perfect cha![16] As long as disguise kit is usable
Con: 9- Below Avg.[5] As long as cooking kit is useable.
Luck: 8- Below Avg.-Poor.[3] As long as Boots are useable.

Equipment.

Bismuth Locket.- 15 = +2 to Wisdom- Great Condition.
Rune Scroll- 7 = -2 to Int.- Below avg condition.
Disguise Kit.- 3= -4 to Cha- Very,very poor condition.
Sound Dampening Boots.- 1= -5 to Luck.- Will break almost instantly.
Cooking Kit.- 3= -4 to Con.- Very,Very Poor Condition.

Skills.

Stealth-3!- High Chance of working-Never backfires.
Cooking-2-Moderate Chance- Might backfire.
Light Sleeper-1- High chance of fail- Will just about always backfire.
Trap Busting-2- Moderate chance.- Might backfire.

Feats.

Crystal Coat-2-Moderate Chance-Might backfire- +5 To Con if works!
Spirit call-2- Moderate chance- Might backfire.
Necromancy rune.-3-High chance of working- Never backfires!

Very interesting rolls. A glass cannon Indeed.:twilightsmile:

:rainbowlaugh: My word, that's pretty crazy. I didn't expect this, but that's what you get with these things. Hopefully he doesn't get offed too quickly.

Stats.

Str:7-Below avg-poor.
Int: 13- Above avg.-Fair.[16] As long as Paper Cartridges are useable.
Dex:6 - below avg-poor.
Wis:19- Excellent.[21] As long as Alchemy Kit is useable.
Cha:20-Perfect.
Con:17- Above avg-Great.[19] As long as Bandolier is useable.
Luck:3-very,very poor.

Equipment.

Musket.- 11= +0 to atk.-Fair condition.
Paper Cartridges- 17- +3 to Int.-Great condition.
Bandolier- 15- +2 to Con.- Great Condition.
Alchemy Kit- 14- +2 to Wisdom- Fair Condition.

Skills.

Perception-3!-High chance of working-Never backfires.
Alchemy-2- Moderate chance- might backfire.
Marksmanship-3! High chance- Never backfires.
Knowledge of magic.-1- Poor chance of working- will almost always backfire.

Feats.

Rapid reload-Moderate chance- Might backfire.
Precise shot-3! High chance of auto kill- Never backfires.
Dodge-Moderate chance-Might backfire.

I think we might have a team leader here, very impressive rolls.

The fates have blessed you.:twilightsmile:

Looks like

Jade is our team leader!
Wind Shard will be her, second in command.
Dreamer will be the wild card.
Forest will be the team shield as well as a bit of an oaf.:rainbowlaugh:

Our tale for this first adventure will take us to The Crystal Empire!

Snow covered land, Icy beasts and a beautiful crystal kingdom beckons you all!

Princess Cadance has hired you four to save a special pony indeed. The aiicorn child herself Flurry Heart!

Stolen by a wicked spirit of nature Arabus! Who plans to sap away the power of an Alicorn from the child, so he may be powerful enough to steal the shadows of all ponies in Equestria! Adding to his power and allowing him to plunge all into darkness!

Dungeons and Ponies: Quest.1. The Clash In The Clouds!

I wil post fun facts on each character soon, chapter one of the story will be published by Tuesday!

Well this'll be interesting. I shall cheer them on.

I eagerly await the first installment.

Almost evenly balanced, just the way I like it.

If you need to get a better understanding on her character (like how she acts, talks, and others of the sort), don't be afraid to ask.

That would be interesting to know. Feel free to share said info.

The more details the better I can write the character.

Chapter.1. Is near completed.

I rolled to see who gets to choose the chapter one choice. You have been chosen, you can pick from a set amount of choices that will affect the story. Depending on your stats, your choice might be good or bad.

If a choice ends up with a buff or a harmful effect you can pass it to another, only once per quest. If you think another might be able to use said buff better or if you wish to avoid a harmful effect.

Choices for chapter.1.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Hopeless Dreamer holding a tattered stone- Try and use your Cha stat to persuade Jade into buying it for her for 50 bits.

Use your Cha stat to try and persuade Jade to buy 800 bits worth of supplies for the trip ahead, it is on sale from 1,600 bits.

Use your Int and Cha stats to see if you can find, Shining Armor at the bar- To work out a new deal for rewards, for contract of the job. Since Forest took the lowest offer from the princess due to honor.

choice.1. Success- Dreamer will be given a new item.- Fail- Jade will think of you as foolish- you will be removed as a possible choice during one of Jade's choices.

Choice.2. Success.- Jade will buy the equipment for half price, Inside will be a Whet Stone- Can re-roll stats for Throwing Axes for Forest, A Mysterious Scroll- Can be used to re-roll stats for Rune Scroll for yourself. And last a shadow bag, will be given to jade and can negate your bits being stolen once.

Dreamer will be given nothing, and will not see you as a choice option during two of her choices.

Fail- The Equipment inside is all broken, nothing but junk and rusted items. You will gain a harmful effect of Burden- Carrying around useless equipment as a punishment will grant you -8 To Dex.

Choice.3. Success in Int- You find the Bar with ease, also find 200 bits on the ground! Success in Cha- You up the reward from 1,000 bits as a reward to 8,000 bits.

Fail-Int- You get lost and the team will leave you behind, you must now travel alone to catch up.

Success Int but Fail Cha- You get on Armor's Bad side, you cause a brawl and will get you and Forest locked up. You two must travel alone to catch up.

Make your choice and I shall roll for the outcome, may you be blessed by the fates!:twilightsmile:

Choice 3! Let's try for better rewards!
Oh, and just a tip for Wind Shard: He doesn't use the typical frustration words most ponies do- he often replaces them with wind-based puns.

Your weakened INT, has forsaken you.- The stat roll has failed you sorry.:facehoof:

In chapter two you shall get lost within the city and left behind, you shall be traveling alone now.

As for you Sturdy Forest, You have been chosen to choose Choice.2. when the time comes for chapter 2.:twilightsmile:

I shall get in touch with you, when the time comes.

neat, also damn, already seperated from a party member :facehoof:

On another note, I think it would be a lot better to make an informed choice after reading the chapter leading up to said choice, I believe you said they are always at the very end. Like this it just kinda feels like a shot in the dark.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 54