OC's Unite 1,483 members · 2,421 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

The Phantom of Canterlot

Greetings everybody. As one of the editors of The Phantom of Canterlot by Azure Drache, I wanted to tell you that a new chapter has been up since this Saturday.

If you have never heard of The Phantom of Canterlot then let me just direct you to the synopsis and sneak peak below.

Synopsis: Twilight Sparkle has always been an obsessive seeker of knowledge, but during a research project into the lineage of Equestria’s old noble families, she discovers the founder of one particular house to be none other than the contemporary comic character Burning Snowflake. Believing this to be a grave error, Twilight sets out to establish the facts, only to find that some fairy tales might just be true.
Ending of Chapter 2: Dragonbite Castle Adjusted for this promotion.

Twilight, still thinking about the strange phenomenon, considered her approach carefully. “What does the name ‘Burning Snowflake’ tell you, Baron?”

He froze for a moment, before putting his goblet back on the table without taking a sip. For a second, he looked Twilight in the eyes, and she could see the cogs turning in his skull. At this point, she also realised how quiet everything was all of a sudden. The busy chatter all around her had stopped, and even the servants busy with replacing the plates stayed where they were for a moment.

“Yes, something strange is going on,” Twilight thought.

The baron cleared his throat causing the servants to go back to work.

“I do know the name,” the baron finally answered. “May I ask where you have learnt it?”

“In some filly’s tale books and comics,” Twilight replied, a metaphorical halo appearing above her head.

“Oh,” said the baron, hiding his relief behind a thick layer of self-control.

Twilight, however, was not fooled. As if she just remembered, she added, “And she is put down as adoptive mother of your patriarch in a book from the Canterlot Royal Library, which happens to be in my possession.”

For a moment, the baron looked like a foal caught with his hoof in the cookie jar. He sighed. “That is what I feared,” he admitted. “She had always ensured that this part of the story would not be forgotten.”

“Who do you mean ‘she ensured it’?” Twilight said, confused by the statement, yet continued on with her questions. “And which part of what story?”

(...) “Burning Snowflake—Princess,” he answered her question with considerable delay. “She had always ensured that it would never be forgotten that she is the adoptive mother of Compassion Snowflake.”

“You mean ‘was’, don’t you?” Twilight asked.

“Is,” Climber answered firmly. “My ancestor is dead, no doubt, but Burning Snowflake… Burning Snowflake is still among us.”

Tags: Teen, Adventure, Drama, Mystery, Twilight Sparkle, Other

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1