Past Sins 1,040 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Okay, so.

I am on the search for a story. I can't even remember how long ago I first read it, which means it's been a few years.

It was a sequel to Past Sins, wherein Nyx, having disrupted the natural flow of nature by holding the moon in one place for far too long, has to be brought before the custodians of the other natural forces, winds, earth, etc. I know it involved a Sea king named Triton, a dragon that tended to volcanoes, and a griffin. Nyx and the children of those custodians became friends, and unearthed a plot to Remove Celestia and Luna from power, take the sun and moon, and crash them together to create a catastrophic series of "orbital strike"-esqe meteor strikes in order to assert dominance over the other peoples . Twilight then discovers that the planet is actually a kind of ship, sent to a safe place after the original solar system was destroyed. (Spoilers, since it's really a good story and I don't want to accidentally ruin it for anyone)

That's what I remember about it, but I can't find it at all, in my favorites, Pen Stroke's library, my other websites, by searching for anything related, etc.

Please tell me I'm not losing my mind and that I didn't hallucinate the whole thing.

7193245 You're not crazy. I remember that too.

Oh thank god, I thought I gone completely senile. Any ideas? I don't even remember the title.

Your not crazy, if I'm remembering correctly that was a story by RealityCheck, before his whole big meltdown thing. I don't know any actual details, but he got madv took all his stories down off of here and was going to continue them on his own site, however from what I've seen, they're kinda dead in the water unfortunately.

I think you're describing one of Realitycheck's fics.

He's not on the site anymore, but he's on archiveofourown.

Link

YES YES YES YES!

ALICORNUNDRUM!

THIS IS THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!!!

HOLY COW, THANK YOU GUYS!

I had no idea he disappeared! What happened with him?

I'm just gonna say site politics and leave it at that.

Ah gotcha. Well thanks so much again!

... Oh.... OH... Oh dear. I know that man's reputation quite a bit across a wide number of fandoms... He is um... Difficult.

Yeah, I also missed the whole drama and was sad and confused that he disappeared from the site, since I liked the stories.
He did continue them for a while on ArchiveOfOurOwn, but yeah, the stories are mostly dead or on a very long hiatus. Not to mention, the site is terrible for reading.
I think he's mostly doing some shitty cross-over stories now that I have absolutely no interest in.

7193273 7193290 He's also quite a talented artist. He did the pen and ink cover for Diplomacy by Other Means (colored by Shaleclaw and JoyfulJ), and has a fascinating collection on Deviant Art. I never pay attention to the drama behind talent, just the talent.

yeah, that's why I said that I was sad he left the site and migrated to that sh*thole, and that he updates so rarely, because I really liked his stories. Don't know anything about the 'drama', and don't really care.

I forgot about this story and I'm so happy to have found it again. Thank You for this. :D

I'm not saying he's a bad guy or anything just... Yeeeaaah. Things better left to private discussion at the end of the day. Definitely not saying he's not talented though. I used to read a number of his comics until they sort of... Dried up.

I remember starting this, it is so good. I liked another of the authors work

Yeah, he did The Great Alicorn Hunt and The Rise of Darth Vulcan if I remember correctly

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16