Past Sins 1,040 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I noticed that Gwenio has been offline for 3 months, and this forum actually has no stated rules or anyone moderating anything.

Given that the group is fairly quiet, maybe an admin isn't even needed. But I'd be willing to give it a shot if necessary. I have my own groups, but being that such a huge part of my life is spent in an AU of the NyxVerse, I'd be open to moderating here.

Pen Stroke is also technically an admin here, although I'm not sure how much he wants to take on that role.

What does everyone think? Does anyone know what happened to Gwenio?

I'd vouch for you, no Idea what Pen's stance on his admin role is, and I don't know much about Gwenio. But I vouch for thee.

wherever there are forums admins will be needed or at the very least a moderator matters not if teh forum isnt all that active its just a needed precaution

it would be good to have an admin on call in the event that someone spams folders and forums and such, but this forum isn't exactly lively so maybe like 2 or 3 total admins would be good

Reiterating what others have said, this group isn't very lively at the moment, so moderating and the like shouldn't be much of a drain on anyone's time. Having an active admin as a precaution would be pretty important, though.
What's the procedure for appointing a new admin?

That's a good point about the precaution in case someone comes along spamming or whatever. I don't think there's any real "disciplinary" work to be done here. From what I can tell, everyone behaves, which is actually a bit unusual for a public forum. Still... there are Nyx haters out there as we all know. And this forum has been fortunate to not have them come looking for trouble here.

I find it somewhat ironic that the people who hate Nyx in real life have a weird sort of parallel to the ponies who hate Nyx in the stories. Their motives are different, but a bully is a bully. I remember when Emerald Flight came and caused so much trouble in my story's comments section. The conspiracy to bring people to do a mass downvote got him banned for a week. It's just the kind of thing I'd expect Diamond Tiara to do if she were a real life person. haha. So in a way, the real life Nyx haters are just play-acting out a role that fits right in with Past Sins itself! :twistnerd:

But yeah, honestly I'd be willing to moderate the forum. As Questionable said, it wouldn't be a huge burden since the activity is light. I do find it a bit strange that the community is so quiet, as opposed to the Fallout: Equestria community which is almost as active as the Writer's Group. The only way I'm aware of that admin privileges can be handed out is by someone who is already an admin. Or maybe a site mod.

4969532 youd have to go and ask penstroke if he would be willing to take some small amount of time out of his day to appoint admin privileges since he is currently the only active admin

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7