The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,180 members · 319 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

so ya, the title, even though I have ideas I can't use them... mostly because even tho I feel no shame for liking MLP I DO get weirded out when my family is near by, but my vocabulary is poor... but you guys CAN use my ideas. As such I have a NMM arch I wish to share/see that is just not being done, or is overdone with other characters/OCs but never seems to be done with NMM why is this? Any way just PM me if you of you want to write some of the story arcs I have, and if I don't have one I can come up with one vary quickly, and I mean vary vary quickly. I wish it payed to have an imagination like mine, I can't control it, it's all way getting away from me... now I can't thinking about this jar I use as a cup.

Writing ability is subjective! Read a dictionary to expand your vocab, There is no right or wrong in writing after proper Grammar,English and Structure

First: Don't tell yourself that you 'can't' do anything. It undermines your self-esteem and makes it so you aren't able to do what you were trying to do in the first place.

Second: It's not hard to write... It may be difficult to convey ideas for some people (me included) but it's all about getting the chaos of your ideas somewhat organized so you can put them into words. I know some people who can write as the ideas come to them and others who need to perform weeks and weeks of brainstorming to get anything done. Still others fall into the happy median where they brainstorm for a little bit , then immediately jump into the writing process.

third: be patient. Not every thing will hit you like an oncoming train. Let the ideas and words come to you and don't try to force it, otherwise you'll end up burning yourself out and becoming disinterested in your writing.

Finally: look for inspiration. There's plenty of awesome ideas floating around, both here and the internet as a whole.

If you have an idea you like, then give it a try. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'd also strongly advise you to find a prereader (they're everywhere; I can preread for you if I can find the time). Having an experienced prereader will make a huge difference in helping you grow as a writer. He or she can identify errors, mistakes, poor writing, and most importantly: they can tell you what to so to fix it and improve your writing.

I wish you only the best of luck. If you wanna talk about it some more, or have any questions at all, please PM me.

First: Self-esteem is not really the issue(well, a little) it's the fact that I ALL WAYS have someone hovering over me even as I write this. on more then one a count, my mother commented on an anime I watch that made me stop watching.
Second: The madness that is my brain never seems to turns off unless I drink a koma(knock out drink), this means I have NO focus unless I have massive amounts of stimulus at once, or else my mind wanders, but it makes me great for bouncing ideas around.

:rainbowhuh: Dude, not cool... The mom thing, I mean. Personally, I'd say just go for it and to hell with what anyone else thinks about it. It's your life, not theirs.

Not cool to talk about or not cool for her to judge what I watch?

The second one. the words 'judge not lest ye be judged' come to mind...

Ah ya... as for the other stuff you said, I can't help but think what others think of me, thats why IRL I'm so quiet, this one time at band cam... wait, wrong story, this one time at a friends house HE invited ME over... anyway towards the end of the night he just like went to bed and left me there... so I just locked the door on my way out and left my phone at his place, so when I went to go get it turns out he forgot I was there in the first place and when to bed thinking all was fine. I'm actually OK with that.

I never said I was stupid.

2792935 I mean, you must be confident of yourself

Ribbon, I think you need some Iron Will lessons! -)
P.S. Oops... a bit old topic, just noticed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14