The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,180 members · 319 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

First of all, I often see stories about Nightmare Moon where she interact with Celestia, Twilight, Mane 6 and sometime with Shining Armor, but I almost never see interaction between Nightmare Moon and Cadence.

So question is simple. Lets say Nightmare Moon return from her banishment and meet Cadence, another alicorn what she never meet. whose heart is full of kindness, how would it play out.

Or Nightmare Moon take over Equestria and banish or imprison Celestia while ponies try to rebel, how would Nightmare Moon react when she finds out that Celestia was taking care of Cadence.

Or lets say Nightmare Moon imprison Twilight and Cadence in one cell or she imprison Twilight and her friends in dungeon while Cadence does not resist, how will Cadence plead to Nightmare Moon to not hurt Twilight or beg Nightmare Moon to release her.

Or lets say that Cadence actually try to help and defend Equestria, how will she fare against Nightmare Moon, would she assist Celestia in battle so they can overpower her, would she try to assist and protect Twilight in Ponyville, or Cadence and Shining Armor who are pair at this point would team up against Nightmare Moon in rebellion, how would this play out.

Or lets say Nightmare Moon is being redeemed, how would Cadence play part in it, would it be good if she tried to show kindness to the dark mistress even with Twilight and Shining Armor pleads not too.

Please share your opinion or give your own ideas how Cadence and Nightmare Moon would interact in the story.

Also, in sequel to my story Celestia's Tiny Student where Twilight go visit Ponyville, in this story Cadence was banished by Sombra from Crystal Empire, and after Celestia and Luna fail to save it, they take care over Cadence who try to bend into Equestria populance with age changing and illusion spells ( it also explain why she look so young when she foalsit Twilight ), anyway after Celestia was forced to banish Nightmare Moon to the moon and Cadence finds out, she try to do her best to cheer up Celestia and assist her in raising/lowering both sun and the moon until Celestia become strong enough to do it on her own.
And here is my question, do Cadence with guilt in her, trying to save Luna from Nightmare Moon ( as she was not there for Luna thousand years ago when she was in pain ), do scene where Cadence hug Nightmare Moon and try to tell her that she have a friend and that redemption is not beyoung her is a good idea.
And later on Cadence doing her best to help Luna adapt to modern Equestria as Celestia is to busy with her royal duties will work to.
And finally, do Cadence buying Luna food and water after she is freed from Nightmare Moon because thousand years without it in her opinion must have been horrible will work or not.

Feel free to answer my questions as well as leave suggestions on your own, and sorry for my bad grammar, I hope it wont discourage you from answering here.

i think is a good idea but the thing is that most of the time someone needs good skills to bring it out in the open, i mean look at Cloud kicker she a slut, Why? becasue the wairt did a great job at telling a story about her and all that everone follow it too, I mean look at the guy that made the 1st fallout crossover he did a woderful job at it that other follow his foot steps

I approve of this idea. If you can pull it off, I'll read it.

An admirable idea.
See to it that it becomes a reality, or i shall have your head!

Well, sadly in sequel I am writing, it is Twilight who will play major role of the story and second will be Celestia, but Cadence will tag along and try to help as well in minor appearances.

I sure need editing/prof reading assistance to improve quality of this sequel, and I already found two peoples who offered to work on Applejack and Nightmare Moon lines for me, but until someone will hunt all mistakes, grammar errors and typos for me, this story will stay in goggle document and not see a light of the readers.

Anyway like I said, in my story Cadence will have minor appearances, so I am wondering do someone else have an idea for a good interaction between Nightmare Moon and Cadence in a story, come on, I am listening to your opinions.

Being the only other alicorn princess at the beginning of Season 1, she's the de facto ruler if Celestia goes down. Assuming that Nightmare - fresh from banishment - wants to try to run Equestria, Cadance would be a handy puppet. Nightmare uses Twilight as leverage to force Cadance to use whatever legitimacy or political power she has to smooth the transition.

Off on a tangent, I don't really view Cadance as a serious combatant. Nightmare Moon is obviously a warrior and Luna likely is too. Celestia has to have picked up fighting skills at some point, even if she isn't a fighter at heart. Twilight's talent - and Element - is magic, which no doubt involves something to do battle with. Cadance can support or distract - and be quite useful there - but she's kind of going to be the weakest link in a head-on fight.

Well, Cadence may be weak on her own, but together with Shining Armor she repeled entire invasion forces.

I think Cadence would do as a nice love battery and support, on her own she is weak, but in team she can share her own power with others.

Also, I like the idea for using Cadence as a puppet figure, and Twilight being held hostage is great way to make her do what Nightmare Moon say.

The question is, since we are in hero Nightmare Moon group, do you have any ideas how Cadence can help with Nightmare Moon redemption, and also how she can protect Twilight and ensure that she is kept comfortable instead of a rusty cell and tortured ?

Well, on the subject of jail cells and torture, that would be more her husband's purview. He would certainly want to take no chances; everyone he cares about or has a duty to protect would be pretty near the top of Nightmare's hit list. And - assuming Luna is separate at this point - Celestia is not going to want to turn loose the being that corrupted her sister. So Cadance would have to get Luna and Twilight to sign on - as fellow "at-risk" ponies - in order to nullify the arguments of Shining and Celestia.

To the extent that I would write Nightmare Moon as non-evil, she would still be arrogant, paranoid, and vindictive. She wouldn't (at first) want help; that would not only imply that someone was better than her, but leave her owing a debt, meaning that the "help" was only the means for the other party to get something from her.

I've kind of been toying with the idea that Nightmare's original purpose was to watch over dreams and that Luna ended up with that power instead of her after their technicolor break up. Naturally, Nightmare would want that power back - it being her whole destiny and all - and Luna wouldn't want her to have it; it's one of the few positive things that allows her to stand out from her sister. And, of course, nobody much is going to want to hand over the dreamscape keys to Nightmare Moon. She's Nightmare Moon, after all. So I can see a scenario where Nightmare wants something, sees that she needs to do some serious convincing to get it, and needs help. This is where Cadance could come in.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8