The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,182 members · 321 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
sgtnolisten
Group Admin

So I was just checking out my usual image board haunts to see any new updates, when I noticed an interesting looking one of Nightmare Moon by one of the few artists I love to follow, who also does one of my favorite things for pictures, and that is include a story specifically for the image.

The artist is Backlash91. Here is the image.

And here is the story.

"Of all the dark crimes Nightmare moon laid upon the lands of equestria, the more surprising things about her were the ones she would not.

She wouldn't raise the dead, for they had earned their rest after life.

she wouldn't kill newlyweds, for even they deserved to learn of life's greatest gift, love.

she wouldn't kill foals...for they had yet to live at all.

thus her other unknown titles are "death bearer, guardian of the dead" " Heart seeker, queen of new love" and her most cherished moniker" Night-mother protector of young".

Twilight closed the book and breathed deeply,closing her eyes for several seconds before looking up from her tome, to the princess of the night. Luna was sitting on her balcony, with twilight resting a couple feet behind and to her right.

" D-do...um, do you know why she wouldn't do those things Luna?"

For several seconds Luna didn't answer, her eyes locked on her old prison.

"Because they were her worst nightmares, nightmares made from reality. The first was when she was young, her father was killed in combat by King Sombra, and then the dark lord resurrected him to fight against our forces. She was a newly trained recruit thrown onto the front lines, and they had the bad luck of meeting on the battlefront. From there she found her first love, hundreds of years later. He was the only stallion that had ever loved her for who she was, and not her rare appearance or her rank as royalty. It was true love, and I'd never been more happy for her.To have him murdered on her wedding day, it...it shattered her heart beyond repair. When she found out that the elite society had set it up for "fraternizing with royalty" Celestia and I found their corpses hanging from the court rafters the next morning.

Twilight lay silent, her mouth unsure if it wanted to drop from horror, or keep shut out of sorrow. either way she was about to cry.

"Wh-why did she...the foals...did...was she a mo--" Luna let a tear slide down her cheek in a rare show of emotion, and she sighed raggedly.

"She was."

Twilight felt tears begin to stream down her cheeks, and Luna frowned, still staring at the moon,

"....Her name...was Silent Night....for she never took her first breath..."

I gotta say, it's a sign of great works of art when the work enriches your ideas and thoughts further, as now I think I'm going to be adding Death Bearer, Heart Seeker, and Night Mother to her titles whenever I write.

Thoughts everyone?

sounds great when the story coming out

4300250 I'd definetly read this if it were a full story.

Sounds really emotional and interesting. Was that Luna talking about herself in third person, or it's just me?

4300250 Plz tell me this is an actual story you can give me a link to, cause I would love it if it was and basically demand you give me a link to it, politely.

sgtnolisten
Group Admin

4300268 Sadly no story beyond what was in the description, but the artist was saying that they were indeed writing a story. Whether it pertains to the picture above, I don't know.

4301801 all my hope and dreams, crushed, in an instant:applecry:

then it's the waiting game I guess

sgtnolisten
Group Admin

4302627 Perk acquired
Dream Crusher

Love it. Bloody love it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10