The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,180 members · 319 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

What about a gradual progression of her character? What if she becomes her own pony, split from Luna because of the Elements of Harmony. And while she starts off as a villain, starts off as evil. She gradually begins to change? Although not fully at first, she will become a hero. (Least, in a sequel.)

Would a story like that be permitted here? Where she -starts- as a villain. But eventually becomes a good pony?

3349515 I'd like to see it, whoever writes it earns an instant fave from me. :pinkiehappy:

3349515 Not just allowed, I think we already have one.

3349581 Alright, good to know that its at least around. Although on a note, I should mention that its also labeled as Mature.

Just so long as you don't destroy her character in the process. The 'Hero' at the end should recognizably be the 'Villain' at the beginning. Adjacent to that, have her do something evil. She's not much of a villain if she sits in a dark corner and pouts for the first half of the story. There's inevitably going to be a scene towards the end where a bunch of characters don't want to forgive her. Give them a better reason than that they're stupid/stubborn.

3350887 Well, only three characters will know she's actually alive.

And they won't know of the one good decision she had to make. It'll be something only she really knows about. And later one other. (Eventually everyone finds out though.)

You see, in this. While she is still a bit on the evil side throughout the story.

She gradually goes through a change...due to a circumstance beyond her control. And this circumstance causes her to make one good decision. A decision she didn't make very lightly either, knowing that its 'for the best'.

But in the sequel, that's another story. She actually becomes the hero in the end.

Also, my portrayal of her is as such: Nightmare Moon is a genius tactician. She's easily able to outsmart just about anyone in games of the mind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6