Sparity 1,912 members · 1,024 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Recently, I was watching Best Gift Ever with my 10 year old cousin and his sister who is very inspired by MLP. On that day he looked at the moment when Spike was singing a song to Rarity and said " Spike still seems to still love her very much. Will they be together ?"

I was a bit shocked and said the truth: That I can HOPE so. Little guy said it was okay and that he always liked how firm Spike was in his love and he wouldlike to act the same way if he ever got a girlfriend.

My other cousin (9 years old) said that if she ever gets a boyfriend, she would like him to be as caring as Spike is and that she is suprised why Rarity didn't talk about Spike's love yet.

I was a bit touched because I understood something: MLP inspired many younger viewers . Our ponies represent the values and Spike too inspired many people.

Let's say some kid is inspired by Spike and has a crush on a girl that he can't approach easily. Watching the show, he notices that Spike doesn't give up in the slightest no matter the time or place. So he goes out of the way to be a perfect guy and so on...And then he watches Sparity being declined in an episode. I think outright negating Spike's approach would be devastating in the young viewer's eyes. Trust me, they don't see whole "age and species" conflict that we older fans keep arguing about. They simply see a guy trying really hard to be with a girl he loves. Spike presents the romantic approach that, after maturing, inspired quite a few kids. Now, if that approach will be laughed at, kids may think that no matter what they do, they will be rejected😢

Say...you hit a great point with this.

You oughta show it to this season’s editors and animation directors.

Thank you, I had to wrote it down because Spike still inspires me in some ways too.

I don't have a way to contact the creators. I f you have it however, feel free to share the text to them with my nick added. I would like the dillema to be disscused wider

Interesting interpretation

Thank you❤❤❤, this is a real life story.

Sparity forever, mate

I hadn't realized Sparity was in a decline. Perhaps it's just my personal bias, but Sparity seems to be one of the few actually good and plausible ships in the whole series. 🤔

when i was at a card game tournament I bought Spike and Rarity plusies with and a little girl came up to me and asked if she could play with them i said yeah you can lol in the corner of my eyes i saw that she was having them kissing lol

I would say it has a grand ratio of followers and quite big group of haters. Either way, no ship in MLP was that much questioned, discussed or fought over. It is one of the most romaticized and oldest of the MLP ships. I don't know how is the overall proportion, I am glad that Sparity has many followers, I just wrote this thread for the people that oppose the idea

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11