Shipping 💖 9,763 members · 11,726 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Hello everyone, this is LoveandEdify here.

So, for those of you who remembered, I have posted and set up a Y/N x Mane 6 Shipping Contest onto this group, and the deadline to submit entries for it was this coming Saturday, September 25th.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that we currently only have one official entry; we have to make some changes to this contest.

First off, the deadline will now be extended to October 23rd, 2021 at midnight. (Pacific Time). The good part about that is that any hopeful authors who were hesitant to enter due to the shorter deadline length will now have another chance to enter and win.

Second, there is now an option for the winner to have their portion of the prize money donated to a charity of their choice. Obviously, they can still choose to keep the money for themselves, but they will need to message me their decision by the deadline if they plan to enter.

Anyway, that's all for now. An updated version of the rules will be posted down below...

Now obviously, there are RULES for this contest...

1. No "Anon" or "Y/N" fics allowed. This contest is for you to display how your favorite character has personally impacted you, and what life would be like if you had the chance to be in a relationship with them.

2. Absolutely no "M-rated" or "clopfics" allowed!!! (Minor sex scenes are allowed)

3. Obviously, other characters can be in the story (e.g. you asking Starlight for advice on how to approach courting Twilight), but the main ship must be between you and a Mane 6 member (there will also be a separate pool for Y/N x non-Mane 6 characters, more info about that is to be revealed later. Any of those stories are also subjected to the same rules)

4. One-Shots only. Don't make it anything above 5k words. (Two-Shots are acceptable if, and only if, both chapters are 5k words or less, combined)

5. Any pony-verse (except A New Generation, which doesn't have the Mane 6 or crossovers with any franchise outside of My Little Pony) is allowed. G1, G2, G3, G4, EQG, Pony Life... go wild with those categories. Hey, if you wanna do a multiverse of those sorts, go ahead.

6. NO multishipping/harems allowed (e.g., y/n x fluttershy x twilight).

7. Friendshipping however, is allowed, and can be used to any extent. In fact, if you would prefer to write a deep and wholesome friendship story between you and the Mane 6 or a chosen few of them or even just one member, go ahead. Any romantic shipping, however, has to be done with one Mane 6 character only!!!

8. Contest Deadline is October 23rd (12 am Pacific). All applicants must message me their PayPal/CashApp information to be eligible for their prize.

9. The winners will also have the option to have their winnings donated to a charity of their choice. Applicants must PM me their choice on whether to keep their potential winnings or have them donated by October 17th.

10. Entries can be submitted either via replying to this thread, or by PMing them with the subject "Y/N x Mane 6 Shipping Contest"

Prizes:

1st Prize: $130

2nd Prize: $120

3rd Prize: $110

This contest is a free chance for you to fully immerse and express your journey as to how the fandom and your favorite characters have impacted you over the years. Think of it as sort of like writing them a love letter through painting a picture describing how they've made you feel and helped you grow over the years.

And as always...

Keep Loving, Keep Edifying, KEEEEEEEEEEEEP LoveandEdifying

See you then...

one question....what does Y/N stand for?

Yes... what does Y/N stand for?:rainbowderp:

Sorry, this website failed to notify me of your questions.

Y/N stands for "Your Name". People often use this when they want to make the reader feel like they are part of the story.

This contest however is to show a relationship story primarily through the author's eyes, that's why there will be no stories that focus on a reader-based perspective (such as the Y/N or Anon Y. Mous stories) and instead will focus on stories that will focus from the author's perspective.

Make no mistake though, if executed the right way, a well-written story can be written from an author's perspective and still be connective and relatable to any audience.

Keep Loving, Keep Edifying and Keep LoveandEdifying. :twilightsmile:

--LoveandEdify.

So basically you do it as a first person perspective? Can the mane six character call you by name though? That is how my first person stories go.

Absolutely.

But it doesn't all have to be from a first-person perspective.

I just don't want to see yet another "Anon" or "Y/N" story because there's WAY too many of those. :facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

I just want to see stories as personal to the author and how the Mane 6 has effected them.

Thanks for letting me know. I personally prefer first person stories because as I write it, I feel more connected to the events going on in the story and the interactions with the characters. I don't get that with the "you" or anon stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7