Shipping 💖 9,763 members · 11,719 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hey everypony, this is LoveandEdify here with a very special announcement. :twilightsmile::rainbowdetermined2::yay::pinkiehappy::raritywink::ajsmug::heart:

It has been at least 5 years now since I have first invested in the brony fandom after the show "Friendship is Magic" had helped me regain hope after depression and suicidal trauma.

Ever since then, whatever fandom I'm apart of has always held a special place in my heart. :heart::heart::heart:

That's what inspired my first big story on this site, Fully Healed. Unfortunately, due to other story projects and commitments, I haven't been able to find time for this fandom as I should have. :fluttershysad: 💔

This time, I'm planning on making a comeback. And don't worry, my other stories will be updated too; but to celebrate my return and the success of Fully Healed, I'm going to host my first ever shipping contest.

You (the writer) and your favorite Mane 6 character.

Prizes:

1st Prize: $100

2nd Prize: $80

3rd Prize: $60

Now obviously, there are RULES for this contest...

1. No "Anon" or "Y/N" fics allowed. This contest is for you to display how your favorite character has personally impacted you, and what life would be like if you had the chance to be in a relationship with them.

2. Absolutely no "M-rated" or "clopfics" allowed!!! (Minor sex scenes are allowed)

3. Obviously, other characters can be in the story (e.g. you asking Starlight for advice on how to approach courting Twilight), but the main ship must be between you and a Mane 6 member (there will also be a separate pool for Y/N x non-Mane 6 characters, more info about that is to be revealed later. Any of those stories are also subjected to the same rules)

4. One-Shots only. Don't make it anything above 5k words. (Two-Shots are acceptable if, and only if, both chapters are 5k words or less, combined)

5. Any pony-verse (except A New Generation, which doesn't have the Mane 6) is allowed. G1, G2, G3, G4, EQG, Pony Life... go wild with those categories. Hey, if you wanna do a multiverse of those sorts, go ahead. Just don't crossover with other franchises.

6. NO multishipping/harems allowed (e.g., y/n x fluttershy x twilight).

7. Contest Deadline is September 25th (12 am Pacific). All entries must message me their PayPal/CashApp information to be eligible for their prize.

This contest is a free chance for you to fully immerse and express your journey as to how the fandom and your favorite characters have impacted you over the years. Think of it as sort of like writing them a love letter through painting a picture describing how they've made you feel and helped you grow over the years.

And as always...

Keep Loving, Keep Edifying, KEEEEEEEEEEEEP LoveandEdifying

See you then...

Can we just enter for fun?

Like I don't want to win or anything, I just like to write....

Hello. I would like to invite you to repost the contest in the Hall of Contests group. This is a group for spreading news about new contests and for archiving.

Thank you very much and hope the contest will be successful.

Absolutely. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: In fact, that's kind of the whole point. :raritywink:

Yeah, I don't have Roblox, sadly.

Hopefully the prize money would be enough though if you won.

I know, I was playing along with you. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Just checking in: how's anyone progress coming along for the contest?

Just thought I'd give you a quick update; I heard from an unknown source that some writers would prefer their winnings be donated to a charity of choice. I'd have to say, that's really a "rarity" to me. :raritywink:

Puns aside, if anyone would prefer that instead, PM me in advance, alright?

Thanks, and never forget what else today is.

#9/11 #NeverForget

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12