Equestria Forum Writers 63 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hey there, don't know how the forums or message board works, but I wanted to ask for name suggestions for a epic storyline I'm currently writing.

Without giving much away (because I feel it REALLY is a story filled with twists and an interesting plot that can't be spoiled), the tone of the stories I'm going to be similar to the 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' series, a mix of different character perspectives in different situations, ranging from peaceful, adventure (Daring Doo), funny, 'typical MLP episode' to violent, sad, and war. It will incorporate most characters from the series with some important original characters and span across two continents. That's all I can say, but if you want to know more because what I just said wasn't enough, I'll try giving more details.

For now, I have:
Shattered Dreams- I really like this title but it kinda sounds too depressing, like looking into some pony's psyche.
MAR3STROM (a play on 'Maelstrom')- I originally chose this but it sounded a bit too post-apocalyptic for the story.
Fallout Equestria: New Canterlot (yeah I did that, but that was until I realized how many people already published stories with that name)

Nothing too cheesy, please... like 'Pony Wars X' or 'From Equestria, with Love' :derpytongue2:

Edit: For now, I'm tentatively going with 'Shattered Dreams- Celestia on Trial'. Feel free to suggest names

Haha. It's hard to do that without knowing much more.

I wandered around Cicero and Merwin for you and meddled with things:

Inter Arma (From Inter Arma enim silent leges, or "In times of war, laws are silent")
All I Have is My Memory (that's the one from Merwin! :3 )
The Jagged Years- Celestia on Trial

The way I do it is to give the story a working title, and then give it a final "real" title based off of something that struck you from the story. Hope that helps!:twilightsmile:

Huh, I really like Inter Arma.

The problem I see is using the name for all three-ish story arcs. To elaborate on that, Part One is Celestria's Trial, Part Two is the aftermath of Celestia's decision and setting the roots for War, and Part 3 is... the War

It wouldn't make sense if Part Two (Peace times) was called: Inter Arma (In times of War)

Much appreciated, though :pinkiehappy:

I probably should, thanks

Hi! Here are a few ideas that you might be interested in:

- War Never Changes (Ron Pearlman Fallout quote)
-Atomic Rebirth?
-Part One: Trials and Tribulations (Court Martialed Dawn) (Eclipse of Justice) (Forced Hand) (Judge)
-Part Two: Judgement Calls (Jury)
Part Three: Execution Days (Dawn's End (Celestia, trial, could be the end!)) (Executioner)

Also, you liked Inter Arma, but how about Veni, Vedi, Vici? Or something like that. "We came, we saw, we conquered"
Hope they help give some inspiration!:twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5