Equestrian Historical Society 826 members · 636 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I know Grogar gets his share of attention, but what about the mare who was his downfall? Frankly, you'd think the two would appear together constantly, considering they have much the same relation as Stygian/PoS and the Pillars. But while Grogar is bountiful (if sometimes dull), Gusty is nowhere to be found!

This is rather disappointing, especially because Gusty herself is very vague. There's so much that could be done! Her life leading up to confronting Grogar? Did she know him- were they even friends or more? Was she really a unicorn, or was that retroactive unicorn propaganda (we know how the tribes were in those days)? How exactly did she discover the Bell, how it held most of his magic, and how did she steal it?

I need answers!

Are you looking for fanfic, or something in the comics? Because AFAIK, Gusty doesn't have a tag, and I can't remember seeing any stories with her.

I kind of free-associated a Gusty for my Little Sparrow, but it slots firmly into 'retroactive unicorn propaganda' AU country, as I wrote her as a pegasus and mercenary company commander with a career in the Pony West, fighting unicorn cultists, bandits, and, at the climax of her career, Grogar. Also, no Bell.

Looks very intriguing. Gusty and pre-canon Sombra? You've got a RiL from me.

And fanfic specifically. I don't see enough pre-S1 fic, and the Grogar era especially.

Wait do we even know if Gusty was mare or stallion actually? I didn't remember any mention of her sex...

In my fanfic known as "Destiny or Coincidence?" Megan mentions that she knew a pony known as Gusty, but doesn't recall anything great about her as well as her mentioning that Scorpan was a human like her that got turned into a gargoyle by Tirac.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5