Author Support 2,070 members · 4,373 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
bkc56 #1 · Dec 21st, 2021 · · 1 ·

“Being a private detective is hard. You spend your time on a side of Canterlot that most ponies never see. But sometimes, problems just can’t be solved with friendship. That’s when they come to me. I see it in their vacant stare when they walk into the office. Ponies out of options, and almost out of hope.”

He nodded his thanks as the waitress refilled his coffee.

“You wanted a story? I had a case like that recently. And every second it took to solve risked more pony lives. It all started late one morning…”

Synopsis:
My job as a private investigator wasn’t particularly glamorous. In fact, some would go so far as to call it monotonous. Still, being able to help ponies in ways the cops couldn’t, or wouldn’t, was fulfilling. Then a former client and friend was arrested for murder. If the police aren’t going to do a serious investigation, then I have to. And I need to solve it before anypony else dies.

Story Excerpt:

I surveyed the office. Discrete Discovery Private Investigators had come a long way since I worked solo from that old office-slash-apartment I used. These days the paint was fresh, the building clean, and there was no family of mice subletting behind the bookcase.

Perhaps the biggest change was that the plural ‘Investigators’ was no longer a lie. After her twenty years, Citrine retired from the police force and became my business partner. Not long after, we hired her younger sister, Opal, to manage the office.

I smiled to myself. Perhaps the universe had decided to finally give me a break. Then again...

There was a thump at the door. We all looked up as the door opened, revealing a light blue pegasus. I recognized her immediately. “Misty?”

She was panting. Her ears were down, and her face was stained with tears. Her usually beautiful mane was disheveled and dirty, and her wings hung low at her sides. She fell against the doorframe and slid down to her knees.

Tags: MLP:FiM, Drama, Mystery, OC

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1