Fallout Equestria 5,365 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So I originally started a FOE story when I first joined this site but I've recently canceled it for a few reason.

1. I feel the human in Equestria side of that particular story killed it from the beginning.
2. I feel that the story I had planned to make wouldn't have been received well and so I chose not to write it.
3. My second story I have been working on has taken off much better and is much more well-received, and I wanted to focus on that story instead. even though it was supposed to be a Prequal to the FOE one.

But I still, deep down wanna write my FOE story, yet I feel/know my story probably wont be received well. I know I could just write it out for myself and not publish it. but I would still want feedback and tips on how to better improve my writing since I'm going to do it as a career. Im just data confusing conundrum here and I don't know what I should do.

Simply put, I want to write, finish, and publish my FOE story. But I think it would do bad with the masses and it discourages me from continuing it even though I have some really creative ideas.

There’s nothing wrong with writing a HiE Fallout story, or even a HiE Fallout: Equestria story, but doing the latter is more difficult.

The first distinction to understand is that a human from the Fallout universe landing in Equestria is a crossover of two separate worlds, but Fallout: Equestria is a fusion story. It takes elements of Fallout and adapts them into the pony universe, rather than simply placing things directly from Fallout in Equestria.

You could always go the Infinite Multiverse route and have the character from Fallout wind up in Fallout: Equestria’s world, but the challenge in that would be coming up with a compelling history and motivation for your human character, a reasonable reaction to the discovery that they’re in another world in the multiverse, and an overarching goal for them to achieve. You’d be taking them from one Hell to another Tartarus, so their situation wouldn’t be improved, merely changed.

Does this human try to find a way back home (assuming they have people they want to protect, or something else that they need to take care of), or do they have no way back (or reason to go back) and simply try to survive in the new world, perhaps befriend a pony and find a new survival companion?

I would also suggest asking what purpose does the character being human serve the narrative that cannot be accomplished with say a stable dweller, or something more exotic but still of the world.

Don't be discouraged dude. Any HiE can be good. All it takes is a mildy interesting human with a very human trait which is amplified.

You could take r/HFY (reddit: Humanity, F*** Yeah!) or r/HumansAreSpaceOrcs for example. Humans got to have something interesting that ponies don't have... like pack bonding (humans bond with anything, even a bear or deathclaw).

That is one way to gain some interest. Another is one of FiMfic's unique group: RGRE. Reverse Gender Role Equestria. It'd be interesting to see how such human, male or female, deal with being either looked down upon or forced to be the "alpha".

Other than these, one of the comment pointed out that this human got to have something to push the narrative.

on weather you should or shouldn't finish a story, I suggest you should, more for yourself then anything. You shouldn't be writing for others, unless your aiming for a certain demographic. But your writing Fo:E, your the targeted demographic, so write what you enjoy, and have fun doing it.

Now if doing a human in Equestria killed it from the start... probably ya. You can still do a good story, but generally people like MLP due to the lack of humans. Stull, if you can make it work, then you can make it work.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5