RainbowPie 863 members · 362 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Mudpuppy
Group Admin

:pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss: Howdy! This is the main discussion thread for talking about anything PinkieDash/RainbowPie-related. Pretty much anything Ponkadosh-related goes. A couple of notes:

*Try to keep everything SWF. If you wanna talk NSFW/clop, I'll start up a new thread for that (or feel free to start one yourself).

*Beware, here be SPOILERS. Discussion about episodes that have aired is fine, so you might want to avoid this thread until you've seen the latest episode. However, when discussing un-aired episodes, please properly spoiler-tag everything, and put all your spoilers between the HTML code [ color=#FFFFFF][/color ] (without spaces), to render the text invisible unless it's selected. Only link to spoiler-y pictures, don't embed them.
Again, it may be better to start up a separate thread to discuss anything spoiler-y, but for now, we'll see how this goes.

So, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on how Pinkie and Dash would actually get along and work together in a relationship? I personally think they're one of the most likely Mane Six pairings to actually WORK, but I really wanna know what everyone elses thoughts are on that, or if there's a general consensus on why they would work together, and what problems they might have as a couple. :derpytongue2:

Here's how i see pinkiedash. Dash keeps her grounded while Pinkie gives her wings ha ironic since its an earth pony and a pegasus. And there's the fact that the clop is really hot but i am in it more for the story now then i used to be. If someone like my hero and shipping legend Donnys Boy can make a serious story out of pinkiedash then who says its not possible am i right? Now for the conflict Dash and the wonderbolts how would Pinkie handle being an "army" wife so to speak? ya know since Dash will be gone for long periods of time leaving Pinkie alone.

Personally, I've always thought, from the very first episode of the series, that Rainbow Dash isn't meant to be in the Wonderbolts. It's always seemed like something a bit shallow, like she just wants to join for the glory and fame (and let's face it, what do the Wonderbolts even DO? Fly around fast looking and getting showered with diamonds?). It's also always seemed like she's way too good for them, in a way. Plus, I can't see her being happy leaving her friends for long periods of time, so I think if she does get into the Bolts eventually, it won't end up in the way she always envisioned. Maybe she'll start her own flying group, or be proclaimed Supreme Best Flier in All of the Universe Ever, or something.

As a hypothetical though, if Pinkie and Dash were together, or shoot, even if they weren't since they're all such good friends, I don't really think either of them would cope very well if the other was gone for a long time. They'd make it through, and since Pinkie has such close, fulfilling friendships with the others, I think she'd get along a lot better than Dash, who'd probably be missing her friends terribly within a week. Although Pinkie tends to not communicate with her friends as much as she sometimes should, so she would probably feel more alone sometimes than she has to.

She's an eternal optimist and could get through it, but as a certain episode clearly showed, she tends to get far too anxious about small things, especially her friends Dash going away for even a little while so...yeah. They'd have to have a really, really good understanding before Dash leaves, otherwise Pinkie would freak out so much she'd follow Dash wherever she goes. Although she might just do that anyways. Actually, that's probably the most likely scenario. :derpytongue2:

See, I'm pretty sure the main reason that Rainbow Dash wants to join the Wonderbolts in the first place is less to do with actually being one, and more to do with the fact that is one. She could know that she was the best flier equestria had ever seen, but at the point she'd want other ponies to know it too. Being a Wonderbolt proves not only to other, but herself, that she is the best and deserves to fly with the best. And every day, she'd get all the attention she wanted from her screaming fans, doing what she loved.

On the topic of PinkieDash, though, I'm sure Pinkie would be as supportive as one could possible be of Rainbow in her new career. She'd go on tour with the Wonderbolt, watch their every show and do her best to cheer louder than everypony else so her Dashie would know she was watching. Then at the end of the day she'd be there for a no doubt exhausted Rainbow and comfort her if things ever got tough on her (with lots of kisses :raritywink:).

I totally agree. While I think her goals and the way she looks at the Wonderbolts has changed somewhat over time, and she sees them in a more realistic way, I think a lot of it has to do with self-validation, and validating herself to others; proving to herself and everyone that she's the best flyer around. I think a big part of it, especially now, is that it's just something that she's challenged herself with, and really wants to rise to that challenge.

Kinda similar to how many people want to be celebrities, especially singers and actors. It's not necessarily an ego thing, at least not totally, but maybe more about acceptance and/or having your talents appreciated, and seeking what seems to be a much better life that looks like a lot of fun. But I think that the people who are the most fulfilled and happy start out not wanting fame, but just truly loving what they do and are passionate about, and going after that. So I guess it depends a lot on what Dash finds really fulfilling. I have a feeling that's not quite what she thinks it is.

I think Pinkie could fare well if Dash was a Wonderbolt, but probably only if Dash wasn't away for long periods of time, or if they got to visit her a lot and watch her perform. My opinion is probably biased by the fact that any fanfic with Dash as a Wonderbolt seems to imply that she's away for months upon months, which I think is unrealistic. Honestly, I can't see her leaving her friends for that long before she would get sick of that kind of life. :derpytongue2:

Honestly outside of using it for drama it does not make much sense to me that Dash (or any Wonderbolt really) would be away that long. Unlike people in the US military Equestria does not appear to be sending troops to far away lands nor is Equestria appear anywhere near as large. Considering how fast and easy it is for a Pegasus to travel it would seem that deployments far away from home for extended periods of time would be rare and mostly unnecessary in most cases. I would think that the Wonderbolts would have a travel season and that would put them out of home longer but considering the size of equestria and their personal speed I think it would be less time intensive than say doing a tour of the US or some similar sized country.

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

Looks like my hopes for a Pinkie/Dash interaction episode (which we haven't gotten since when? Ep 21?) have finally been answered. Season 5 episode 8 looks like it's going to be just about them!

"The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone"
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash and Pinkie pie are called by the map to the ancient kingdom of Griffonstone but have conflicting ideas as to what problem they have been called to fix.

Lol Pinkie sighting in the new episode with her doing her chicken impression in her old chicken costume. Apple Bloom you have some weird dreams. Pretty funny moment though.

That episode was fantastic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9