The Punk Fiction Enthusiast Guild 16 members · 65 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So, for some reason my brain confused Splatterpunk (which I'm not sure really counts as a punk genre as it's essentially just about creating really gorey slasher movies) for Slasherpunk... Which sadly isn't real. :fluttershysad:

However, I do have ideas about how it could be real and used for a story. :ajsmug:

Imagine a world where the rich and the elite will have special events where they kidnap unsuspecting victims and put them in strange situations where the elite or an avatar of theirs can take on the persona of a horror movie slasher and kill off the kidnapped victims.

Perhaps it's all a simulation or maybe they have the means to revive the dead victims, so that they can restart the hunt with a new elite taking on the role of the killer and in the process the victims' memories are wiped.

Just a weird idea that's been bouncing around in my skull and I figured that this was a good place to share it. :raritywink:

I think what you're thinking of is splatterpunk.

7865171 Well, not exactly. Splatterpunk is meant to emphasize the gore and blood, rather then a setting built around a slasher(s). That isn't to say that they are exclusive (and I'd say you could even have a slasherpunk that is also a Splatterpunk :pinkiesmile:), just that Splatterpunk is more about over the top gore. :rainbowlaugh:

Lord Shadow Eclipse
Group Admin

If you want, I can make a folder for Slasherpunk/Splatterpunk since it seems to fit well enough.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4