The Punk Fiction Enthusiast Guild 16 members · 65 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

What are the different ones and what sets them apart from other punk fiction?

Lord Shadow Eclipse
Group Admin

I provided a link to a list of the different punk genres on the Group's main page.

s1

I think you should add folders for these Punk genres:

Ocean Punk/Pirate Punk

Formica Punk/ Cassette Futurism

Lunar Punk, If the Solar Punk got a folder then Lunar Punk should get one too. And I can easily see this genre being use with a story about a version of Equestria that rule by Luna/or Nightmare Moon.

Cattle Punk

Stone Punk

Afrofuturism/Neo African, I can easily see this punk genre being use with stories that have Zebras and their culture being the main part of it.

Ghetto/Street Punk, a punk genre that is basically the ghetto version of Afrofuturism. A genre that take in a setting or world where it culture revolves around ghetto and street culture. The genre usually use the comedic over the top ghetto stereotype. There are very few stories using this genre but I have already read a few of them here on FimFic.

Manner Punk

Myth Punk

Game Punk, a genre that take place in a setting or world that runs on video game logic and/or video game mechanics similar from a rpg game. The anime No Game No Life is a good example of that genre and along with most Isekei anime/manga.

And are you okay with making folders for mature and erotic Punk genres? If so then here some erotic Punk Genres that you can add folders for:

Nude Punk, a genre that take in a setting or world where the inhabitants goes around completely naked due to any clothing not existing or some other reason. I have seen this punk genre being use with many other genres like sci-fi, like I read a Mass Effect/Star Trek-like story that take in a futuristic space setting about the galaxy being invaded/conquered by a unknown alien race and a group of humans and aliens fighting against the enemy invaders by going missions and recruiting alien allies through some diplomacy. And there was one with a Mad Max like setting where a post-apocalyptic world where women are being use as a living energy source to powered their vehicles and machines (basically women are mostly use as living car batteries in that world), etc.

Erotica Punk, a punk genre that is similar to Nude Punk but it is a genre that take in a setting or world where sex is driving force and almost everything revolves around it even how things function including cultures, social etiquette, clothes, technologies, power or magic, etc. Like in a old Victorian Steam Punk like setting where high social standings and class is everything but due to culture revolves around sex it results in people wearing very revealing and risque` prostitute-like clothing as high class fashion. Or a cyber punk setting where everyone wears revealing bright neon clothes and cyber hackers can hack into cyberspace through machines/devices with their bodies.

Woman Punk, a genre that is similar Erotica Punk but it is a genre that take in a setting or world where women are mostly use mainly as unwillingly living power source or objects in some form. Like living car batteries, living generators and power plants, power for weapons and machines and devices, living motherboard for supercomputers, living energy sources for robots, living furniture, living motorcycle, etc. I found that most stories and comics with this Punk genre usually take in a post-apocalypse or a sci-fi setting or a dark fantasy setting.

Man/Male Punk, basically is the opposite of Woman Punk a punk genre that men are mostly use as unwillingly living energy sources or objects in some form. There are very few them unlike it's Woman Punk counterpart.

Hyper Punk, a genre that can be consider as a subgenre to Nude Punk and Erotica Punk. A punk genre where everyone is hyper endowed in some form and the setting revolves around that fact.

Lord Shadow Eclipse
Group Admin

I already added a few of these as sub-folders. I'm not too sure about the other genres you mentioned though.

Still some of these do have potential like myth punk, Afro punk, and Formica punk. We can can have Lunar punk as a sub-folder for solar punk/eco punk.

Lord Shadow Eclipse
Group Admin

Perhaps. I'll install a "Lunarpunk" subfolder.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6