In General 586 members · 3,893 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

ROFLMAO!! Ah-ha-ha-ha! Wha-What?!..........What the hell did Netflix do to Beast Wars/Predacon Megaton?! :applejackconfused::rainbowlaugh:

Ok, I've finally got around to watching, Kingdom, the final installment of Netflix's Transformers: War for Cybertron trilogy. It was decent I supposed, its not too great nor too bad. Just ok. But I did like the art style and the animation was pretty decent too. The characters design and 3D models are well done. Especially, after learning they used scans of the actual transformer toy figures. Maybe a bit too much really. LoL! Overall its good to watch it once or twice and that's about it. Watching this show multiple times is highly unlikely. Well, at least for me.

However I can't help, but question the decisions that went into the story or the logic of how they handled some of the characters in this show including the chosen voice for each one. Some fit better than other, while some don't. Especially for the leader of the Predacons, Megaton. Who had the biggest change in terms of personality and voice. Unfortunately its not exactly good to say the least.

In all honesty they kinda ruined the character for me, which is huge shame because BW Megatron was my most favorite of the Predacons. I mean just look at him.

At this point I'm just going to have to chalk up this version of Beast War Megatron as bad fanfiction character.

The old Predacon leader that I know is not submissive and he is certainly not a subservient lackey to original G1 Megaton. If anything he is more than likely to double crossed him in some complex scheme. He trusted no one and he is more than likely and willing to sacrifice a fellow Predacon/Decepticon, if it meant gaining an upper hand if only slightly. This version of (BW) Megaton is basically like Waspinator, a bumbling sychophat.

Megatron is skillful at orchestrating vast schemes by manipulating others into doing them for him—an idle suggestion here, a conspicuously-planted object of interest there. He knows his enemies, and these include some minions, inside and out and exactly how to provoke them. He has no friends, only pawns, or occasionally, pawns that are too reliable to risk losing. Because of this attitude, this superiority complex, he despises working with the very troops he needs to carry out his plans. His hubris does not make him very popular, and so he must rely on power and fear to rule them. In fact, he prefers mindless drones.

Megatron is a gambler and can sometimes be a ham. (His manner of saying "Yesss..." is practically vaudevillian.) He has a twisted sense of humor and an overdeveloped sense of drama which rule everything he conceives, both long and short term. When he destroys you, he wants you to know that it was he who did this, and just how badly you were had. This is his greatest weakness. Like a Bond villain, he'll gladly boast to the hero at length about how smart and clever he was, giving his victim time to formulate a counterattack (he admits the Predacons sometimes gloat too much). He often sabotages himself by neglecting the quick and easy solutions for the bigger, meaner, and more complex.

And that voice..... that is not a voice befitting to an over ambitious mastermind villain as Predacon Megaton. No offense to the other voice actor. But David Kaye will always be the voice of (BW) Megaton. He adds way more personality to the character.

Oh and (BW) Megaton has a Rubber Ducky. Which he is oddly and awfully fond of. it is one of his closest allies and associates. Often confers with it on unknown, but presumably important matters. And It is cute and yellow and chubby. :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:

That's all for now. HAVE A TERRIBLE DAY! MWA-HA-HA-HA!:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

Yeah, I expected so much more from Predacon Megatron given how he was perfectly portrayed in the Beast Wars series. Now it just makes him look like a butt kissing fanboy

Yeah, sorta like Waspinator, they made BW Megatron into a bumbling sychophat. At this point it's really frustrating yet at the same time it's outrageously hilarious! This is what Netflix does with their subscribers' money right here folks!:ajbemused::pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

Huh that's something else something tells me my brother is not going to be happy about this

Oh, Is that right? Care to explain friend?:rainbowhuh::trixieshiftright::pinkiehappy:

CROSSOVER KING
Group Admin

David Kaye would be utterly ashamed if he ever saw this portrayal.

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

Well my brother is an old-school Transformer fan he never was a big fan of some of the Transformers shows or movies mostly he hated the Michael Bay version

Which is for the best he didn't repraise his role for this Netflix version of BW Megatron. I mean come on he would've been confused with the new voice lines anyway. Because its certainly not the Megatron he knew back than, that's for damn sure.:trixieshiftleft:

Ah, I see, I see. Well, that quite understandable really. Being a long time Transformers fan myself since 1993.:twilightsheepish::applejackunsure:

I'm not much of a transformers fan but I watched a bit of the original after I went through a rather dedicated he-man phase and wanted to watch more 80s cartoons. I love he man, never delves far enough into lore or character development, good at setting up, bad at following through. Just like Celestia in the show. *sigh* but anyways, regardless of plot the idea of using toy scans fir the models sound cool, I might have to check out tomorrow.

I like to get my hands on whoever wrote this script.

Oh, yesss. Scans of the Transformers toys were used to make the 3D models for this CGI cartoon. Which why some have covered up peg holes and slots or have more greeblies amd what not on the backs of some transformers. Because that's how the toys look when fully transform into robot model and than some.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12