Generation 5 Group 323 members · 400 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I haven't heard this theory in a long time, tho I once heard that Misty is disabled from using magic, or something similar to it. What I kinda remember, is that since she doesn't have her cutie mark, she cannot do a lot of magic spells like unicorns do.

Now, since she does have a cutie mark, does that mean she can use magic? And its not cutie mark magic, its regular unicorn spell magic. Her cutie mark magic still can work as we can see in chapter 4, 5 and 6, though I don't think I saw her levitating any objects or opening doors using magic. Now there is a slight second where she opened the door in chapter 5, right before planting the Zephyr Heights Together Tree.

Maybe she doesn't have enough unicorn magic strength to lift things up or cast windows and doors open? Kinda similar to how Scootaloo wings won't work due to not a lot of magic power in her. Like for example, Misty can lift up things that seem lighter like a cup or an empty box. Though more heavier things, such as a scooter, a full packed box, or even opening large doors with magic spells cannot work well.

Any thoughts or comments? Thank you for reading

P.S Perhaps her magic gets slightly stronger due to the pool and the backrooms in the Brighthouse episodes?

I had simply assumed that Opaline never bothered encouraging her to practice her magic, and may even have claimed that she'd need a cutie mark before getting started there.

While some disability rep would be nice, I don't think it's going to be Misty.

If anything, there's foreshadowing that she's going to end up as a magical powerhouse. She was able to dispell Opaline's sealing magic when the alicorn grounded her even before her cutie mark came in, remember!

She a typical victim of narcissistic abuse. If you want a disabled character it's either Sunny or Izzy.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

check your settings, you might have disabled your Misty accidentally

Muh Musty isn't disabled, but my Sunny and Izzy are. (At least in my headcanon!) LOL!

I think Misty is just traumatized and while Misty may not be disabled physically she is disabled mentality. Recovering from narcistic abuse is going to take a long time for Misty to recover from. I think she might develop a form of PTSD later in life but that is just a theory.

My thoughts too. Note my first post.

Cool we have similar ideas.

Plus there's the "Tell Your Tale" episode "Misty-rious New Room" where a flying book leads her to a magical library containing the works of Swirlstar.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11