Save My Little Pony 54 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Mixmaster226
Group Admin

It seems there are a lot of G5, Season 9 and post-Season 9 stories popping up on this site like weeds or tumors as of late. I would say it didn’t bother me or make me shake my head in disgust, but that would be a lie. If I could make them all disappear, I would. Sadly, even a copyright ban on the original Season 9, should we get it revised, probably wouldn’t make that happen. At least the content these stories are rooted in would not longer be canon.

Stormspark
Group Admin

G5 is just whatever at this point, I ignore it. It has nothing to do with FIM and is its own universe, regardless of what the executives claim the "backstory" is. I've always said that I WILL NOT be part of any fandom, or group, that accepts S9. I will take part in a subset of the fandom, only if one of the pillars of it is OPENLY rejecting the events of the main arc of S9 and the 'ending' presented.

Going back and looking at the Twilicorn 'controversy', it really wasn't that bad. It was mostly worry that it would change Twilight or change the show, and it really didn't. Twilight got some new authority, but it didn't change her as a person. I can have a civil debate with someone who doesn't like the idea of Twilight becoming an alicorn...I don't feel that I'm not in the same fandom as them because we disagree (I'm fine with that). I have NEVER been able to have a civil debate with someone about S9, unless they already don't like it and are "on the fence" about openly rejecting it (a lot of people don't seem to realize they can do that).

As far as people that claim to "like" the "ending"...I'm sorry but I don't know anything else to say, other than that WE ARE NOT FANS OF THE SAME THING. This is why I no longer consider myself part of the "general" fandom, because they are not fans of the same thing I am, so we have nothing in common.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2