Friendship Is Awesomes 297 members · 14,290 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

"But there is something that I need your help with. I can't wear these Kree colors anymore. And since you are obviously the only person around here with any sense of style..."
Carol Danvers to a young Monica Rambeau, Captain Marvel (2019)

Let's talk something positive for once cause this post is about your former villain OCs getting good costume switch.

Let says your former villain OC has decided to give up their evil ways. Perhaps they met a special person, found a few True Companions, had a Heel–Faith Turn or Heel Realization or maybe they became a pacifist. Whatever the reason, they're resolved to be good from now on. In order to show that their old self is gone for good, they decides to change their outward appearance. Your former villain OCs gives themselves an Important Haircut, puts on a new suit, gets rid of their evil tattoos, and so forth. Just don't rule out Reformed, but Not Tamed.

So what would be your former villain's OC's good costume switch when they walk away from their evil way?

Like what would be Kodo's good costume switch after realizing the error of his ways or what would be Diamondback's good costume switch after realizes she was a bad mother to Wildvine and resolve to be a better mom?

What would be their good costume switch after walking away from their villain way?

I actually did something akin to a costume switch with one of the atogonistic OCs I have. The key part here is atogonistic, because they weren't really a "villain" they were just doing some desperate things. Still, they did change what they looked like. In probably the most drastic way.

By which I mean their entire species was changed when they weren't really a villain OC anymore.

JNKing
Group Admin

Kodo would do something similar to Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z, in that while he was a villain, he'd start off with a very armored up and intimidating looking form.

However, after he made his Heel-Face Turn, he ended up downgrading to a less armored jumpsuit.

In Kodo's case, he'd similarly downgrade to something preferably sleeveless, as it'd be a sign that he was letting his guard down and being willing to become more open and capable of working with others.

Also, I like the idea that while he was in villain mode, he'd be heterochromatic, with one eye being his usual blue and the other being a bright red - a reference to the power he stole from Blaze. However, after making his Heel-Face Turn, he'd lose the red eye and cover it with an eyepatch, showing how his attempts to take an eye for an eye literally almost left him blind.

Diamondback, ironically, would wear her purple robes open while she was a villain, so as to show off her scales and draconic body a bit more as a reminder of what she is and why she should be respected. So, when she turned good, she'd actually close her robe and become a bit more conservative, since she's not as interesting in showing off her heritage and is more focused on being a good friend.

Also, Frost Bite would start off with very ice cold shades of blue on her costume/body, similar to how icy blue eyes are usually reserved for more cold and calculating individuals. But as she became more humble and less focused on her ego, she'd switch to softer sky blues to emulate Innocent Blue Eyes.

Or depending on your interpretation, the softer shade of blue can also be a reference to her lover Levi, and the blue on his fur as a Lucario, showing how he helped her let go of her ego and become a better person.

I can also imagine Fox Hound being similar to Undyne, in that when she's in her more crazier mode, she's wearing a full set of SWAT armor or... well, some type of armor.

But after she learns the value in chaos and mends her relationship with Cat, she takes off some of the armor the same way Undyne can be seen out of her armor as well.

While Fox would have her own path, I like the idea of Cat originally having a black costume that helped him blend in with the shadows better and even made him more intimidating. However, as he learns the value of order and repairs his relationship with Fox, his costume becomes brighter, with more shades of blue and green (referencing Sly Cooper and Robin Hood, his two biggest role models).

Blaze would start off naked and letting her flames run wild as a show of her allegiance to chaos. However, after everything that happened with Kodo, Phoenix would not only be clothed in more conservative armor, but her mane of flames, which normally was uncontrollable, would be tied back into a ponytail of sorts that would also emulate a knight's feather tuft, symbolizing how she's taken to the side of order and is trying to clean up her act.

Kinda like Zero from Megaman.

There's also Myst and her mask. I feel that she'd be similar to Barret in Final Fantasy 7's Remake, in that for the first game, Barret was always wearing sunglasses before his arc really began.

However, after he bonds a bit more with Cloud and the rest of the party, he removes the sunglasses, almost like he's letting part of his guard down and becoming more friendly with the group.

I feel that Myst would do something similar, where she usually has her mask on at all times, only taking it off to show off her scars as a way of making a point when she's preaching about the evils of humanity. However, after Aster or Speed manage to soften her heart and see the good in others, she stops wearing the mask as often, almost like the mask is a symbol of her blinding herself to humanity's true potential and accepting them as far more complicated than the evil creatures she wanted her abusers to be.

And one final note: when Jackknife was in his envious mode, he'd be using his water power to make himself look monstrously buff, to the point that he would look admittedly unattractive since he was swelling himself up too much in an attempt to look tough. But after realizing that he's not finding any happiness and maybe even befriending Wing, he stops trying so hard, and his body manages to reshape itself into a far more attractive, if still muscular, form.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Kodo would do something similar to Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z, in that while he was a villain, he'd start off with a very armored up and intimidating looking form.

However, after he made his Heel-Face Turn, he ended up downgrading to a less armored jumpsuit.

In Kodo's case, he'd similarly downgrade to something preferably sleeveless, as it'd be a sign that he was letting his guard down and being willing to become more open and capable of working with others.

Well, that make sense considered how he was very distrustful toward outsiders at first but he ends up working with the outsiders (at least, those who ain't afraid of him) after he damaged his relationship with his pack and is basically exiled by them.

Also, I like the idea that while he was in villain mode, he'd be heterochromatic, with one eye being his usual blue and the other being a bright red - a reference to the power he stole from Blaze. However, after making his Heel-Face Turn, he'd lose the red eye and cover it with an eyepatch, showing how his attempts to take an eye for an eye literally almost left him blind.

Yeah, Red are usually used for bad guys like Sith.

I wonder how Red feel about how her favorite color is portrays as evil since Wing was insecure about being treated as bad guy due to her black scale since again, black are used for bad guys.

Diamondback, ironically, would wear her purple robes open while she was a villain, so as to show off her scales and draconic body a bit more as a reminder of what she is and why she should be respected. So, when she turned good, she'd actually close her robe and become a bit more conservative, since she's not as interesting in showing off her heritage and is more focused on being a good friend.

You did said Diamondback was a bit... I wouldn't say narcissist but I just had a feeling she would be looking herself at the mirror all days.

Well, it's more tone down compare to others since she simply close her robe.

Also, Frost Bite would start off with very ice cold shades of blue on her costume/body, similar to how icy blue eyes are usually reserved for more cold and calculating individuals. But as she became more humble and less focused on her ego, she'd switch to softer sky blues to emulate Innocent Blue Eyes.

Or depending on your interpretation, the softer shade of blue can also be a reference to her lover Levi, and the blue on his fur as a Lucario, showing how he helped her let go of her ego and become a better person.

That's good way to show her character development.

I imagine Of Scales and Fur's Frost Bite would be a bit different than this forums Frost Bite since Levi doesn't exists in that universe... it's going to be interesting to see Of Scales and Fur version of Frost Bite.

I can also imagine Fox Hound being similar to Undyne, in that when she's in her more crazier mode, she's wearing a full set of SWAT armor or... well, some type of armor.

But after she learns the value in chaos and mends her relationship with Cat, she takes off some of the armor the same way Undyne can be seen out of her armor as well.

It also helps that her bond with Rash softens Fox even more and becomes a better mother. :twilightsmile:

While Fox would have her own path, I like the idea of Cat originally having a black costume that helped him blend in with the shadows better and even made him more intimidating. However, as he learns the value of order and repairs his relationship with Fox, his costume becomes brighter, with more shades of blue and green (referencing Sly Cooper and Robin Hood, his two biggest role models).

That's good Cat come around with the value of order and it's ironic that he finally becomes resembling like his idols after having a face turn.

Blaze would start off naked and letting her flames run wild as a show of her allegiance to chaos. However, after everything that happened with Kodo, Phoenix would not only be clothed in more conservative armor, but her mane of flames, which normally was uncontrollable, would be tied back into a ponytail of sorts that would also emulate a knight's feather tuft, symbolizing how she's taken to the side of order and is trying to clean up her act.

Kinda like Zero from Megaman.

Blaze finally broke the trend by having armors as her good costume switch instead other way around.

Her tieing her mane into a ponytail is good way to show she left her evil ways.

There's also Myst and her mask. I feel that she'd be similar to Barret in Final Fantasy 7's Remake, in that for the first game, Barret was always wearing sunglasses before his arc really began.

However, after he bonds a bit more with Cloud and the rest of the party, he removes the sunglasses, almost like he's letting part of his guard down and becoming more friendly with the group.

I feel that Myst would do something similar, where she usually has her mask on at all times, only taking it off to show off her scars as a way of making a point when she's preaching about the evils of humanity. However, after Aster or Speed manage to soften her heart and see the good in others, she stops wearing the mask as often, almost like the mask is a symbol of her blinding herself to humanity's true potential and accepting them as far more complicated than the evil creatures she wanted her abusers to be.

Yeah, it's good Speed manages to won her over and help her to get past the issues she had in the past.

Showing her that not everyone are perfect and even her own kinds are willing to hurt each other like what Kodo did to his own pack by brainwashing them... he may believe he was trying to protect his own pack but he becomes no better than those who hurt Myst and her kind in the past by breaking sacred bond of pack.

And one final note: when Jackknife was in his envious mode, he'd be using his water power to make himself look monstrously buff, to the point that he would look admittedly unattractive since he was swelling himself up too much in an attempt to look tough. But after realizing that he's not finding any happiness and maybe even befriending Wing, he stops trying so hard, and his body manages to reshape itself into a far more attractive, if still muscular, form.

I'm glad that Jackknife chose to be himself rather try to be someone that isn't him.

The big part about Steven Universe is how everyone including Crystal Gems tries to make Steven act like Rose Quartz except the fact he can never be like their beloved founder and the only person he can be is... himself and they have to accept the fact that he's Steven, not Rose Quartz.

Be yourself.

Awesome work! :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

Well, that make sense considered how he was very distrustful toward outsiders at first but he ends up working with the outsiders (at least, those who ain't afraid of him) after he damaged his relationship with his pack and is basically exiled by them.

Yep, and in a way, it's kinda karma for him; he distrusted outsiders, but after he's exiled by his pack, outsiders are who he has to rely on.

This is going to be best shown in Of Scales and Fur Book 5, where instead of Logan being Kodo's son, he's a street boy and a fan of Kyle (aka Cat Catcher), with both Kyle, Logan and later a human Red being Kodo's main allies as he tries to escape a vengeance seeking Blaze, who he also eventually has to work with to defeat a villainous Diamondback.

Granted, I am considering having Darius show up to help Kodo as well, but I'm still not certain on that detail yet, and the main point is that Kodo has to rely on people who aren't his pack.

I wonder how Red feel about how her favorite color is portrays as evil since Wing was insecure about being treated as bad guy due to her black scale since again, black are used for bad guys.

Unlike Wing, Red likes how her favorite color is stereotyped because it makes others uncertain about her.

Where Wing wants to be a clear-cut hero, Red is a Spy, and relies heavily on uncertainty and mystery to get by. With red as a primary color, people are going to be left wondering if she's villainous or just very passionate (since red is also a color of passion and emotion, hence phrases like 'seeing red' or Anger being red in Inside Out), and that uncertainty is something Red can use to her advantage.

You did said Diamondback was a bit... I wouldn't say narcissist but I just had a feeling she would be looking herself at the mirror all days.

Yeah, she'd have a superiority complex that she needed to work around (a bit different from Frost's inferiority complex, since Frost was scared she wasn't good enough, while Diamondback legit thought she was better than everyone else).

Well, it's more tone down compare to others since she simply close her robe.

Yeah; sometimes good costume changes aren't very flashy or huge. They can be something more subtle.

Not sure if this is a good example, but in the Incredibles, Violet had a subtle shift in her character development, where at the beginning, she always had her hair covering one of her eyes, but later on, she started pulling her hair back and letting her face be shown in full. It's something I didn't even notice until her Dad pointed it out near the end of the film, but looking on it now, I like how it ties in with her becoming much more assertive, similar to how Blue Moon stops hiding under her hood when she starts to become more braver and confident.

Again, not sure if it works here, since Violet and Blue are more heroic, but I liked the subtle nature of it.

I imagine Of Scales and Fur's Frost Bite would be a bit different than this forums Frost Bite since Levi doesn't exists in that universe... it's going to be interesting to see Of Scales and Fur version of Frost Bite.

Oh yeah, OSAF Frost is going to be way different. I'm honestly not sure if she'll still be Star Wing's daughter.

I know she'll be some sort of dragon, but I'm still torn on whether she'll be an aqua-drake or a terra-drake.

Part of me wants her to be an aqua-drake (and maybe Wing and Jackknife's daughter), but it's still a work in progress. We'll see what happens.

It also helps that her bond with Rash softens Fox even more and becomes a better mother. :twilightsmile:

Absolutely; not only does she accept that criminals or monsters can have good in them, she proves that she's learned by taking Rash in as a son even though others (aka pre-development Fox) would've seen him as a monster.

That's good Cat come around with the value of order and it's ironic that he finally becomes resembling like his idols after having a face turn.

Yep; he may have enjoyed them enough to start thieving, but it was only when he matured that he really grew to understand what they stood for, hence why he starts to look more like them.

Blaze finally broke the trend by having armors as her good costume switch instead other way around.

:rainbowlaugh: Yep; everyone else was getting rid of armor, but here Blaze is showing how putting armor on can still be a sign of good.

Her tieing her mane into a ponytail is good way to show she left her evil ways.

I was hoping so. :pinkiehappy:

Yeah, it's good Speed manages to won her over and help her to get past the issues she had in the past.

Showing her that not everyone are perfect and even her own kinds are willing to hurt each other like what Kodo did to his own pack by brainwashing them... he may believe he was trying to protect his own pack but he becomes no better than those who hurt Myst and her kind in the past by breaking sacred bond of pack.

Oh yeah, nothing will break Myst's heart more than seeing dogs or wolves turning on or hurting each other.

Myst can't even watch Balto since Steele disgusts her so much. It was bad enough that he treats Balto like utter crap just because he's part wolf, but after her development and coming to care for humans, the fact that Steele let his pettiness nearly get innocent children killed since he wouldn't let Balto help them deliver the medicine made Myst so livid that the next time she saw a male Alaskan Malamute (aka Steele's breed) acting cocky, she outright threw the guy onto his back, pinned him down, snapped at his face and warned him to never be like Steele or she'd beat the fur off him.

It was scary for everyone since Myst normally loves her fellow dogs with all her heart. :twilightoops:

I'm glad that Jackknife chose to be himself rather try to be someone that isn't him.

The big part about Steven Universe is how everyone including Crystal Gems tries to make Steven act like Rose Quartz except the fact he can never be like their beloved founder and the only person he can be is... himself and they have to accept the fact that he's Steven, not Rose Quartz.

Yep. Steven Universe was a huge inspiration for Wing's OSAF story, since she similarly suffers from others like Kodo or Drake wanting to see her as Myst or Rocket, and they have to accept that Wing is just Wing.

Which makes it more heartwarming when Celine and Jackknife are the first ones to accept Wing for who she is rather than who they want her to be.

Awesome work! :pinkiehappy:

Always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Yep, and in a way, it's kinda karma for him; he distrusted outsiders, but after he's exiled by his pack, outsiders are who he has to rely on.

This is going to be best shown in Of Scales and Fur Book 5, where instead of Logan being Kodo's son, he's a street boy and a fan of Kyle (aka Cat Catcher), with both Kyle, Logan and later a human Red being Kodo's main allies as he tries to escape a vengeance seeking Blaze, who he also eventually has to work with to defeat a villainous Diamondback.

Granted, I am considering having Darius show up to help Kodo as well, but I'm still not certain on that detail yet, and the main point is that Kodo has to rely on people who aren't his pack.

Well, considered how he helps Kodo of basically killing Wing off in their failed attempt to bring Myst back, I imagine Darius would be reluctant to help Kodo since it would make Wing distrustful toward him... like how would she knows if Darius planning to backstab her?

After all, Wing would be very warily toward Darius.

Yeah, she'd have a superiority complex that she needed to work around (a bit different from Frost's inferiority complex, since Frost was scared she wasn't good enough, while Diamondback legit thought she was better than everyone else).

Make sense.

Yeah; sometimes good costume changes aren't very flashy or huge. They can be something more subtle.

Not sure if this is a good example, but in the Incredibles, Violet had a subtle shift in her character development, where at the beginning, she always had her hair covering one of her eyes, but later on, she started pulling her hair back and letting her face be shown in full. It's something I didn't even notice until her Dad pointed it out near the end of the film, but looking on it now, I like how it ties in with her becoming much more assertive, similar to how Blue Moon stops hiding under her hood when she starts to become more braver and confident.

Again, not sure if it works here, since Violet and Blue are more heroic, but I liked the subtle nature of it.

Good point.... it's all about subtle and nice use of reference.

Oh yeah, OSAF Frost is going to be way different. I'm honestly not sure if she'll still be Star Wing's daughter.

I know she'll be some sort of dragon, but I'm still torn on whether she'll be an aqua-drake or a terra-drake.

Part of me wants her to be an aqua-drake (and maybe Wing and Jackknife's daughter), but it's still a work in progress. We'll see what happens.

Since you said she have inferiority complex, try to differentiate her from Jackknife since he was very insecure about not surpassing Blaze.

Just saying.

Oh yeah, nothing will break Myst's heart more than seeing dogs or wolves turning on or hurting each other.

Myst can't even watch Balto since Steele disgusts her so much. It was bad enough that he treats Balto like utter crap just because he's part wolf, but after her development and coming to care for humans, the fact that Steele let his pettiness nearly get innocent children killed since he wouldn't let Balto help them deliver the medicine made Myst so livid that the next time she saw a male Alaskan Malamute (aka Steele's breed) acting cocky, she outright threw the guy onto his back, pinned him down, snapped at his face and warned him to never be like Steele or she'd beat the fur off him.

It was scary for everyone since Myst normally loves her fellow dogs with all her heart. :twilightoops:

Indeed. :pinkiegasp:

Yep. Steven Universe was a huge inspiration for Wing's OSAF story, since she similarly suffers from others like Kodo or Drake wanting to see her as Myst or Rocket, and they have to accept that Wing is just Wing.

Which makes it more heartwarming when Celine and Jackknife are the first ones to accept Wing for who she is rather than who they want her to be.

It's no surprise why Wing considered Celine and Jackknife as her friends. :twilightsmile:

There's a great cathartic scene from Steven Universe where after White Diamond keep calling Steven "Pink Diamond", Steven in this state let out a mighty scream "SHE'S GONE!!!!!!" which actually petrified her.

It would be more cathartic when after Kodo and Drake keep calling her Myst or Rocket, Wing reaching her breaking point would let out a mighty roar by telling off Kodo and Drake.

Kodo

"MYST'S GONE!!!!!!" Wing let out a mighty roar at Kodo.

Drake

"ROCKET'S GONE!!!!!!!!" Wing let out a mighty roar at Drake.

I means everyone would eventually get sick and tired of folks trying to make you who you should be and sooner or later, Wing would reached her breaking point as both Kodo and Drake learns that the hard way.

Always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

Same. :scootangel:

JNKing
Group Admin

Well, considered how he helps Kodo of basically killing Wing off in their failed attempt to bring Myst back, I imagine Darius would be reluctant to help Kodo since it would make Wing distrustful toward him... like how would she knows if Darius planning to backstab her?

After all, Wing would be very warily toward Darius.

Absolutely. And if I put him into this story, her suspicion would be warranted.

The idea I have currently is that Darius becomes Kodo's 'test', in a way; he goes along with Logan, Cat/Kyle and Red because they're the only allies he has, but then Darius comes along, revealing he exiled himself from Shiva and Luke in protest of Kodo's punishment and essentially offers to join him so they can work together like they did in the old days.

Problem, of course, is that not only is Blaze after Kodo, but Wing is helping Blaze (granted, Wing is the more justice-concerned good cop to Blaze's vengeance-focused bad cop), so if Kodo accepts Darius' help, it will only prove to Wing that he hasn't changed; that he still wants Myst back.

So, Kodo would have to literally shoo the dog, and reject Darius' offer, proving to Logan that Kodo sees the boy as his family now, and showing Wing that he's changing, allowing Wing to slowly get Blaze to see Kodo's changed as well.

Which in turn would cause Darius to realize that he truly has no chance of getting Myst back, leading to him briefly suffering from the Despair Event Horizon, but eventually coming to accept Wing for who she is later, and possibly even saving her life during a later fight with either Diamondback or some other foe down the line.

Good point.... it's all about subtle and nice use of reference.

Thanks. :twilightsmile:

Since you said she have inferiority complex, try to differentiate her from Jackknife since he was very insecure about not surpassing Blaze.

Oh yeah.

Part of me does like the idea that she wants to prove herself to be just as good as Jackknife. It'd be a nice bit of irony, you know? Jackknife spent all his time fearing that he'd be stuck in Blaze's shadow, but then Frost comes along and suddenly, he's exactly where Blaze is - with someone being envious of him and wanting to surpass him.

I'd like to think that it'd be an eye-opener for Jack, and he'd resolve not to make the same mistakes Blaze did, instead trying to encourage Frost so that her envy of him doesn't take over the way his did with Blaze.

There's a great cathartic scene from Steven Universe where after White Diamond keep calling Steven "Pink Diamond", Steven in this state let out a mighty scream "SHE'S GONE!!!!!!" which actually petrified her.

Yeah, I remember that moment. And White Diamond still trying to make Pink Steven into what she wanted, only for Pink Steven to literally backhand her aside like a fly was definitely a satisfying moment.

It would be more cathartic when after Kodo and Drake keep calling her Myst or Rocket, Wing reaching her breaking point would let out a mighty roar by telling off Kodo and Drake.

That's a good idea to keep in mind for possibly later.

Though, I'm also hoping that the way I end the fourth book is just as cathartic:

See, after Wing beats Kodo and returns him to the pack, Drake shows up with Connors and demands the Grimoire so he can turn Wing into Rocket.

But in a really epic show of friendship, Jackknife, Celine, Diamondback, Smith, Swift, Tex, Shiva, Luke and even the people of the village Wing saved from Kodo, all essentially put themselves between Wing and Drake, and tell Drake, "You wanna get to her? You gotta go through us."

Think of this scene from Spiderman 2 (8:04 to 8:17)

Thankfully, instead of them getting tossed aside like Doc Ock did, Drake actually does stand down. Especially when Connors ends up taking their side, and gives Drake an Armor-Piercing Question/Reason You Suck Speech on how his blind pursuit of Rocket is causing him to ignore that he's essentially teaching his dragons - his children - that heroic work is to be punished, while cruel actions are to be rewarded:

Connors: Drake, for the second time in an alarmingly short time, dragons that you put your faith in have brought harm and terror to my people. And now, I hear that dragons you 'didn't' put your faith in have saved an entire village of innocent lives. And you wish to punish them for it? What kind of message do you send to your dragons - your children - when you punish those who did the right thing? When you reward those who act with heinous cruelty and malicious intent?

It's enough for Drake to have his Heel Realization, and though he doesn't fully accept Wing yet, he does back off. Though I do like the idea of Wing reaching her breaking point in the fifth book, where Drake still doesn't accept, even as Diamondback is on a rampage, and that will be when Wing barks at him, telling him in no uncertain terms that Rocket is dead, and his failure to understand that is putting everyone in danger.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7