Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,173 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

I saw a post where Aura based Orion on his deceased best friend who did a lot of bad things that ultimately got him killed and his best friend's girlfriend (whom he based Morgana on) was using him as a scapegoat for illegal stuffs.

I believe he did said he based Gallant on his military grandfather since he and his father didn't have a great relationship with.

JNKing based River on a friend who was a toxic person to him which lead to them to be strained from each other (Fortunately, they have reconciled once his friend stop acting toxic)

He based Smith on another friend who unfortunately passed away as well he based Lizzie and I believe Luke on his dogs.

So, it got me wondering.

Which of your OCs did you based on actual person? Like you dad, your mom, your sibling, your best friend, your teacher etc?

JNKing
Group Admin

As you mentioned, River is based on my friend from high school: Riverstone is even the name of a character he came up with as an ally to an early version of Star Wing.

Smith and Lizzie are both based on my childhood pets, with OC Lizzie often getting flashbacks to the life of the original Lizzie.

Luke is also based on a dog I used to walk named Duke, who was a pretty close friend of the original Lizzie.

Cat takes a lot after my dad, who’s similarly charming and likes teasing and joking with others.

And both Fox and Shiva take a lot after my mom, with Fox representing my mom’s disciplinarian when she needed to get strict, and Shiva having her more empathetic yet still no nonsense nature.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

I hope your friend whom you based River on is doing well.

I didn't know you owned a cat cause you seems to be a Dog person and Smith is a feline character.

Was Duke a Labrador like Luke?

Very ironically that despite your father being part of a military, your mother act more military-ish than your father. (Sound like your dad didn't suffer PTSD like war veterans)

Also, I wonder if your mom give you or your siblings a practical punishment like Fox and Shiva did to their kids rather than just grounded you like average parents do?

JNKing
Group Admin

I hope your friend whom you based River on is doing well.

He's doing the best he can. I try to keep in contact with him, and I've been helping him work on a fantasy series he's wanted to write. It's a lot of fun. :twilightsmile:

I didn't know you owned a cat cause you seems to be a Dog person and Smith is a feline character.

Yeah, I do prefer dogs, but Smith was a platonic case of 'If it's You, it's okay.' My parents and I found him on the side of the road when I was really young, and I practically grew up with him by my side. And even though I still came to prefer dogs, I never forgot that cat, and wanted a way to remember him when he eventually passed on.

Was Duke a Labrador like Luke?

He is, though like Luke, I always wondered if Duke should've been born as a bull, because he was crazy strong. I accidentally threw a ball over a fence, and Duke barreled right through like the fence was nothing but paper.

Very ironically that despite your father being part of a military, your mother act more military-ish than your father. (Sound like your dad didn't suffer PTSD like war veterans)

To be fair, he was a helicopter pilot and Navy Chaplain; in both cases, he didn't see much combat. Also, he likes to joke about how a previous relationship he had with a rather horrible ex gave him more PTSD than any war ever could. I've never been sure if he was fully serious about that or not.

Also, I wonder if your mom give you or your siblings a practical punishment like Fox and Shiva did to their kids rather than just grounded you like average parents do?

Oh yeah; my mom was one of seven daughters, and all of them worked at their father's vetrinary clinic, with any that misbehaved getting the worst types of jobs, like having to clean cages that had been used as bathrooms. My mom never tolerated any crap from me or my family, and learned from the best on how to channel energy being used to be naughty into doing something more useful.

I also learned very quickly to never say I was 'bored' around her, because if I was bored, she'd find me something to do... which usually involved chores.

Yet, despite all that, I could always tell that she was doing all of that from a source of love, and only wanted the best for me. And I'm really happy I have her in my life. :twilightsmile:

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

He's doing the best he can. I try to keep in contact with him, and I've been helping him work on a fantasy series he's wanted to write. It's a lot of fun. :twilightsmile:

A fantasy series? What will be the main concept for his fantasy series since your is about Humans, Wolves and Dragons or he's still figure out?

Yeah, I do prefer dogs, but Smith was a platonic case of 'If it's You, it's okay.' My parents and I found him on the side of the road when I was really young, and I practically grew up with him by my side. And even though I still came to prefer dogs, I never forgot that cat, and wanted a way to remember him when he eventually passed on.

That's nice you and your parents took him in.

He is, though like Luke, I always wondered if Duke should've been born as a bull, because he was crazy strong. I accidentally threw a ball over a fence, and Duke barreled right through like the fence was nothing but paper.

Damn... :pinkiegasp: he must be very strong like Hercules from Sandlot.

To be fair, he was a helicopter pilot and Navy Chaplain; in both cases, he didn't see much combat. Also, he likes to joke about how a previous relationship he had with a rather horrible ex gave him more PTSD than any war ever could. I've never been sure if he was fully serious about that or not.

Well, it's best to not ask your father about that experience.

Through, at least he didn't have to see his friends die in a battlefield since his role in military is basically military version of priest since chaplain don't get involved with combats and promote morale stuffs.

Your parents seems to like oceans a lot.

Oh yeah; my mom was one of seven daughters, and all of them worked at their father's vetrinary clinic, with any that misbehaved getting the worst types of jobs, like having to clean cages that had been used as bathrooms. My mom never tolerated any crap from me or my family, and learned from the best on how to channel energy being used to be naughty into doing something more useful.

I also learned very quickly to never say I was 'bored' around her, because if I was bored, she'd find me something to do... which usually involved chores.

Yet, despite all that, I could always tell that she was doing all of that from a source of love, and only wanted the best for me. And I'm really happy I have her in my life. :twilightsmile:

Yup, your mom sound like a lovely person.

At least, she have you doing something rather than sending you to your room like most parents do when they grounded their kids. (Nowadays, the parents would take away their electronics instead)

Thank you for sharing it. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

A fantasy series? What will be the main concept for his fantasy series since your is about Humans, Wolves and Dragons or he's still figure out?

His revolves mainly around 'shifters;' people that can transform into animals. At first, there is a focus on wolves, but there's also a guy that can shift into a bear, several that can shift into cats, and one that can shift into a dragon. And all of these guys struggle to get along with humans, eventually leading to a massive war where the shifters have to band together or get wiped out by a cruel king who wants them to either serve him or get destroyed.

That's nice you and your parents took him in.

Yeah; they liked to call him the Hitchhiker. But I'm glad that we took him in. He was a good cat.

Damn... :pinkiegasp: Duke must be very strong like Hercules from Sandlot.

Oh yeah. :twilightsmile:

Well, it's best to not ask your father about that experience.

Agreed.

Through, at least he didn't have to see his friends die in a battlefield since his role in military is basically military version of priest since chaplain don't get involved with combats and promote morale stuffs.

Exactly. He still keeps in contact with a lot of his friends from the military; they're pretty tight-knit.

Your parents seems to like oceans a lot.

My mom loves diving, and my dad likes being around her, so they love to travel to different oceans and rivers and check out what's under the water.

Yup, your mom sound like a lovely person.

Thanks. :twilightsmile:

At least, she have you doing something rather than sending you to your room like most parents do when they grounded their kids. (Nowadays, the parents would take away their electronics instead)

Ironically, I think there are some kids that would rather do chores or get sent to their rooms rather than lose their electronics. I know that was the case with me; my mom gave me the ultimatum 'chores, or I take away your electronics.' You can guess which one I ended up picking.

Thank you for sharing it. :pinkiehappy:

Always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6