Friendship Is Awesomes 297 members · 14,290 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Speed decides to spend his time with his girlfriend's parents so he can get their approval of dating their beloved girl.

Speed: Okay, Speed... you got this, if her father is an overprotective one who probably have a loading shotgun, I will run as fast as I can! Hoping her mom is more reasonable. Here go nothing.

He knock the door 3 times before it was open by Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles.

Speed: Hi, my name is Speed Demon Kid and if you don't know, I'm Rainbow Dash's boyfriend and-

Both: BOYFRIEND?!?!

They instantly grabs him and gives him the biggest bear-hug

Both: WE CAN'T BELIEVE OUR BABY GIRL GOT HER FIRST BOYFRIEND!!!! WAIT! WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL US ABOUT HER BOYFRIEND?!

Speed: (choking) Can... you... please... let... go... of... me?

They let go of him as he breath in and out and keep his composure.

Speed: Sorry, what is your name?

Bow Hothoof: The Name's Bow Hothoof and this is my wife, Windy Whistles.

Windy Whistles: I just have to say that it is a total blast to meet somepony that loves Rainbow Dash as much as we do!

Speed: (scratching his neck nervously) Yeah, I love your daughter, Mrs. Whistles.

Windy Whistles: Please, call me Windy... after all, you are part of the family.

Bow Hothoof: Although, I never thought Rainbow would be dating a somepony who don't look like a Wonderbolt.

Speed: Oh, I guess Rainbow didn't tell you about her time in Wonderbolts-

BOTH: OUR DAUGHTER IS A WONDERBOLT?!?!

Speed: USED TO!!!! Used to! She quits Wonderbolts.

Windy Whistles: (saddened) But why?

Speed: Let's says she and Wonderbolts don't see eye to eye with each other... not to mention that one time they gives her position away to a prick unicorn known as Light Speed who think he's the king of the world and he made her cry!

Bow Hothoof: (angrily) That unicorn! I swear that I get my-

Speed: Don't worry, I already took care of him... as I was saying, your daughter is now part of Superhero Union of Canterlot and she's more happier in there, I assure you.

Windy Whistles: Well, I glad you made our baby girl happy... now, come in... I got food for you to eat.

Speed: (thought) Look like they like me so far, what could go wrong?

Windy serves Speed Rainbow's favorite food, Pasta and potato sandwich with sourdough.

He look hesitant before taking a big bite, he slowly give her thumb up with a tear on his eyes, she nodded and when she turn around, he quickly spit out and throw the sandwich to the trash... when she came back, she look surprised at the empty plate.

Before he can said anything, Bow grabs him as they decides to tour Rainbow's room.

I can't sit here while I go nowhere
Chase my dreams through the polluted air

Walking on a wire, running out of time

There's no room in this ol' heart of mine

Bill collectors waiting down the hall
Neighbors scream and crack the bedroom wall

Nerves jump off the pavement, passion hits the street

Angels cookin' in the city heat

World's too crazy, I can't take no more

I won't stay here locked behind the door

They show him Rainbow's old room as well her old stuffs and keep talking about her while Speed look very uncomfortable and his expression screamed "What have I got myself into this?"

Baby, stir it up, got to break it up now
When I think about tomorrow, ooh, I can't wait to
Stir it, got to shake it up now
If I have to beg or borrow, I'm not gonna take it anymore, mmm, mmm

They forced him to wear Rainbow Dash's t-shirt, hat, a giant foam finger with Rainbow Dash's face on it and he look very annoyed as the parents continues of talking about her more than Speed.

This is his expression

Hungry minds do stare you in the eyes
Spread it thick and lay the biggest lies

Don't say what you feel, must play hard to get
All those time bombs tickin' in your head

So much pressure to keep holdin' on

Pack my clothes up, baby, I'll be gone

They took him to Rainbow's old flight school to show Rainbow's accomplishments to him and just keep on talking about her... Speed is beginning to lose his patience with them.

I've got to stir it up, got to break it up now
When I think about tomorrow, ooh, I can't wait to
If I have to beg or borrow, I'm not gonna take it anymore, mmm, mmm

(16 second of jazz instrumental)

They went back to their house to watch the home video of young Rainbow Dash's competition and keep cheering on her and Speed is very annoyed by this with his arms crossed together and his face resembles Max's annoyed face

Can't find love because it's trapped inside

Can't find freedom 'cause it's hard to find

Why don't you make some room in this ol' heart of mine

So much pressure to keep holdin' on

Pack my clothes up, baby, I'll be gone

They having dinner but they just continue of talking about Rainbow Dash more than ever which at this point, Speed is done! As he silent eating his dinner and ignores any talks from Rainbow's parents.

Stir it up, I've got to break it up now
When I think about tomorrow, I can't wait to
If I have to beg or borrow, I don't wanna take it anymore
Stir it up, got to break it up now
When I think about tomorrow, I can't wait to
If I have to beg or borrow, I don't wanna take it anymore

After dinner, they wave him goodbye.

Bow Hothoof: We glad we got to know you, Speed.

Windy Whistles: Rainbow find a great man like you... you got our seal of approval.

They close the door on him as Speed's eye twitched and ran off from their home as he is out of Cloudsdale... he tries to hold his breath as his face becomes fiery red until he couldn't hold it anymore and he unleashed his screaming to the sky.

(Skipped to 6:14)

BOW HOTHOOF AND WINDY WHISTLES!!!!!!! :flutterrage: :twilightangry2: 😡

Speed: (angrily) Now i understand why she doesn't talk to them a lot, sure I got their approval but was it worth it? I wasting my entire 6 hours of them talking about her! I thought I was going to have bonding time with them but I guess I was wrong! I knew I should've listened to Rainbow Dash!

Yes, while he got their approval, Speed didn't have good time with her parents and understand why she rarely talk about them.

JNKing
Group Admin

Speed: (angrily) Now i understand why she doesn't talk to them a lot, sure I got their approval but was it worth it? I wasting my entire 6 hours of them talking about her! I thought I was going to have bonding time with them but I guess I was wrong! I knew I should've listened to Rainbow Dash!

As Speed ranted, a familiar night black blur zipped up next to him.

"I heard the Dan scream," she said. "Who here's become the target of unbridled rage?" She noticed Speed. "Oh, hey, Speed. What's going on?"

"Stupid past me thought it was a good idea to talk to Rainbow Dash's parents and get their approval. But..."

"They spent the whole day talking about how awesome I am, right?"

Star and Speed looked up as Rainbow Dash joined them with a sigh.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," she said sheepishly. "They're... yeah, they're way too enthusiastic."

Star blinked at the two of them. "Come on, it's your parents. I'm sure they're not that bad." She flared her wings. "Here, let me go see."

"NO DON'T!"

Unfortunately, Star was not to be deterred and teleported away.

Rainbow Dash sighed, stopping Speed before he could go after her. "Wait," she recommended. "Three... two... one..."

Immediately, Star Wing teleported back, her eyes wide.

"CHEESE US TAP DANCING CRIME!" she stammered. "It all makes sense now! The cocky attitude, the feeling that you can do no wrong..." She turned to Rainbow Dash in shock. "They practically worshipped you! Kept talking about how the SUC wasn't gonna suck anymore now that you were there." She glanced away as her horn flared. "Wait..." Her ears flattened. "Yep; they haven't even realized that I replaced myself with a dummy. They're too wrapped up in talking about you." She narrowed her eyes and groaned. "And they just did the 'SUC won't suck' joke for the twentieth time!"

"Well, to be fair..." Rainbow Dash caught herself and shook herself off. "No. Sorry."

"No, I get it," Star said, almost in awe. "They spent so long talking about how great you were... it's ingrained." She looked back. "I wonder if other high and mighty types have parents like that."

"Look, it doesn't matter," Rainbow Dash insisted. "I'm not the filly they need to cheer on anymore, and I'm not the overconfident ponce that I let myself become. I've learned humility and what it means to be really loyal. And I guess I... don't want to risk going back to that."

Star Wing grimaced. "Yeah, I'll admit, it's gonna take a lot for them to cool it," she admitted. "And I think we could all use a break from that." She sighed before grinning up at the others. "Wanna get some ice cream or something?"

[Speed's response]

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Star Wing grimaced. "Yeah, I'll admit, it's gonna take a lot for them to cool it," she admitted. "And I think we could all use a break from that." She sighed before grinning up at the others. "Wanna get some ice cream or something?"

[Speed's response]

Speed's eyes widened

"YES, OF COURSE!!!! I want some ice cream! All those talking from them makes me want to eat the entire bucket of ice cream!"

Before looking at Star and calm himself down.

"Yeah, Give me a vanilla one… I would have says Rainbow Sherbet but I think I going with Vanilla this time… no offense Rainbow… I just need a indefinite break from your parents."

[insert Star and Rainbow's response]

NOTE: Speed loves Rainbow Sherbet and considered to be an ice cream despite the status but after spending the whole 6 hours with her parents of talking about her, I think he going to take little break from sherbet.

Speed even considered of banning her parents from his and Rainbow's wedding as he could not deal with them talking about Rainbow… he loves her but he likes "I get it! You are proud of Rainbow! Can you talk something else!" :twilightangry2:

Awesome work! :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

"Yeah, Give me a vanilla one… I would have says Rainbow Sherbet but I think I going with Vanilla this time… no offense Rainbow… I just need a indefinite break from your parents."

Rainbow Dash laughed. "No worries, Speed," she assured him. "I get it."

"Me too," Star Wing noted, using a spell to check on the dummy of herself she left with Rainbow's parents. "Faust above, they're still going! I feel so bad for my dummy right now!"

Speed even considered of banning her parents from his and Rainbow's wedding

I think Star might take another crack at talking to them, and convincing them to tone down their enthusiasm. Or if she fails, she might ask Celine to try. Either way, they definitely wouldn't let her parents near the wedding without having them take a massive chill pill and find something else to gush over.

Anyway, always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4