Friendship Is Awesomes 297 members · 14,290 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

The Legend of Zelda franchise is amazing, especially Breath of the Wild. I'm currently doing the Champions Ballad DLC! (I got Revali's Gale+, Mipha's Grace+, Urbosa' Fury+ now all that's left is to get Daruk's Protection+) So, it got me thinking, who would your OCs be? Let's go with me first.

Link - Grasshopper Man

A hero who received the sword that seals the darkness. He's also the appointed knight to Princess Zelda, and the Champion of Hyrule. The silent warrior falls in battle and awakes in the Shrine of Resurrection, where he must regain his memories, free the Divine Beasts, and defeat Calamity Ganon.

I originally planned for it to be someone like Entity_303 or something but then I saw how Grasshopper Man shares a lot of similarities  with Link. They feel like the world is against them, they lost everything and gained everything at the same time, and they always get back up when the world kicks them down. They're also fitting in the ways that they are crafty and excel in combat, fist, mind, or otherwise.

Princess Zelda - Raven Avis

Princess Zelda, the one who has the power to defeat Calamity Ganon. A girl who has been training ever since the age of six to wield the power to beat the Calamity. Ultimately failing, but when it mattered most, awoke her power. And fought Calamity Ganon for 100 years.

At first I thought of someone like Rapunzel, but then it clicked. I thought back to the scene of when King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule was scolding Zelda for studying the Guardians rather than training. It reminded me of a scene that played in my head of Aurum and Raven bantering, Aurum says evolution is key to survival, Raven says it's technology. So, that's why Raven is there. (ALSO BECAUSE RAVEN X MICHAEL!)

Old Man/King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule - Thanos

King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule was the King of Hyrule, a proud and strong man who lead one of the greatest armies of the nation. The father of Princess Zelda, King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule made the Princess  train her entire life to seal Calamity Ganon. After his death, King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule adopted the persona of the Old Man, to guide Link throughout the Great Plateau and gifting him the Paraglider.

At first I thought of Aurum for the role of King Bosphoramus Hyrule, given that Aurum and Raven are parent and child. But then, I saw how Thanos was ever so kind to his daughter in Against All Odds, so I said, Thanos is King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. They're both hulking figures and are ready to fight if need be, and they'll always guide those who wish to right wrongs, that's why King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule and Thanos were put together.

Revali - Locust

Revali, Pilot of the Divine Beast Vah Medow, Warrior of the Rito, great flier, and the most skilled archer throughout all of Hyrule. Revali is an arrogant Rito, believing that he is the most skilled of the champions, he hates a lot of things. Among them is the one who wields the sword that can seal the darkness, Link. 

The reason why I saw Locust fit to be Revali is because of their arrogance and their hate for the main hero. They believe that the hero is inferior, but deep down in that cold and nasty glare, is someone that cares. Locust may be a villain, but he still has good inside of his soul.

Mipha - Rapunzel

Princess Mipha, Pilot of the Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Warrior of the Zora, great healer, and the most skilled spear-woman of Hyrule. Mipha is a soft spoken and caring individual, she cares for her little brother Sidon with care. She also has a crush on the Champion of Hyrule, ever since she was little she had her eye on him. And she always will, for now and always.

Mipha and Rapunzel have a lot of similarities, they're caring, they can heal, and they have a crush on the heroes. (Rapunzel who had a crush on Thanos before they were Displaced and Thanos got married) They're also talented and elegant, in both battle and with their words. 

Daruk - Nappa

Daruk, Pilot of the Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Warrior of the Goron, great protector, and a man who's brute strength knows no bounds. Daruk is a loudmouthed warrior who has the ability to make force fields, his strength could crush boulders themselves. He is quite social and is a guy who makes sure that everyone is having a good time.

I think you can see why I put Nappa as Daruk, they're hulking goliaths who aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. But despite that, they're always willing to help out even through the direness of situations. They're big eaters and don't know when to quit... As well as they're unaware of the things that are around them.

Lady Urbosa - Athena Williams

Chief Urbosa, Pilot of the Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Warrior of the Gerudo, wielder of lightning, and perhaps the greatest warrior of all of Hyrule. She knew Zelda's mother and promised to take care of Zelda after her mother's passing. She is the Chief of the Gerudo tribe and greatest adversary of the Yiga Clan.

Lady Urbosa and Athena Williams are very dominant women, with no apparent reason to settle down. They're perhaps the greatest warriors and have a talent that no other has, they're leaders of a powerful group and have an enemy they wish to take down. And they'll stop at nothing to do it.

Teba - Hit

Teba, Defender and Warrior of the Rito, skilled archer, and husband and father to a wife and daughter. Teba is a no nonsense serious Rito who had intentions of fighting Vah Medow alone to protect his Rito Village. When Link came along he was unsure of him, but through time, the two became an amazing duo and helped Link best Vah Medow.

I think you can see why Hit was casted as Teba, since they're both serious people who have people who they want to protect. And they both end up happy with the ones they love at the end. And besides, they're both badass!

Sidon - Chad Chaddington

Prince Sidon, Warrior of the Zora, skilled spearman, little brother of the pilot to Vah Ruta, Mipha. Sidon is a Zora who takes interest in Hylians because his sister loved a Hylian so dearly. When Link arrived on the path to Zora's Domain, Prince Sidon himself personally introduced himself to the Champion of Hyrule. He assisted Link with no argument whatsoever to complete his mission to save the whole kingdom from Vah Ruta's wrath.

If you see any video with Sidon in it, you could tell that the man has charisma. Something that Chad has, they're both charismatic and powerful, and they're willing to help the person they just met. No matter how strong or weak they are, and besides, their pearly whites are more white than the moon itself!

Lady Riju - Julia

Chief Riju, Warrior of the Gerudo, daughter of the late Lady Urbosa, sand-seal racer, and powerful swordswoman. Riju is very young and inexperienced in leadership, but despite this, she gives it her all to make sure her people have it well. After the Thunder Helm was stolen by the Yiga Clan, and with Vah Naboris running rampant, she had no idea what to do. That was until Link came along and stole back the Thunder Helm, and with Riju's help, made it possible to defeat Vah Naboris.

The reason why I chose Julia is because of their determination, youthful spirit, and their clumsiness. Julia in her research and goal of trying to find her brother, and Riju in trying to be just like her mother, a great leader. And besides, they're adorable.

Yunobo - Professor Julio

Yunobo, Warrior of the Goron, descendent of Daruk, the diamond in the rough, and wielder of Daruk's Protection. Yunobo is a coward, scared of everything but yet he still wants to help. After his Boss was unable to fight Rudania with him, he didn't know what to do. That was until Link came along and showed Yunobo courage. And with their combined might they defeated Vah Rudania.

Yunobo and Julio are people who want to do the right thing but can't find themselves to do it. That is until they found a perfect team to do it, gathering courage and going full throttle into danger. Because it had to be done, to save everyone from a monster who thrives on death and destruction (Calamity Ganon and Aurum Avis).

Master Kohga - Mr. Mask

Master Kohga, Leader of the Yiga Clan, Traitor of the Sheikah, servant of Calamity Ganon, and master of the Sheikah Martial Arts. Kohga is a leader of a terrorist organization, but he is not a good leader, he prefers to nap and lounge about. And he's about as goofy as goofy can be, but the people he has under him are powerful enough to bring towns to ruins. Although he was powerful, he was no match for Link, for he lost and fell in battle. Even though his death was entirely his fault.

Master Kohga and Mr. Mask are leaders of terrorist organizations, are goofy people, master martial artists, and want nothing but chaos. They sometimes prefer to lounge about when there is nothing to do instead of being productive. And both of them have a rivalry with the hero, for different reasons of course.

THE BLIGHTS ARE OPTIONAL, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO IT, SKIP TO CALAMITY GANON!

Windblight Ganon- Aurum Avis

Windblight Ganon, Shard of Calamity Ganon, Scrouge of Divine Beast Vah Medow, Bane of the Rito Champion, Demon of the Wind and Ranged Master. Windblight was made to destroy Revali, it's ranged attacks are strong enough to punch holes through solid stone. It prefers not to get it's hands dirty and always sticks to the skies.

Aurum Avis and Windblight have plenty of similarities, Aurum doesn't really like to get his hands dirty unless it's with Grasshopper Man. Because he wants to kill him. He sticks to the skies and almost never comes down unless he is shot in the air.

Waterblight Ganon - Mechanic

Waterblight Ganon, Shard of Calamity Ganon, Scrouge of Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Bane of the Zora Champion, Demon of the Sea, and Master of Cryonis. Waterblight is a skilled spearman and magic user, able to bring up the sea, make ice blocks, and conjure his spear after throwing it. When it gets hurt, it gets scared and runs away to spam Cyonis.

Mechanic is a hero, Waterblight is a villain, so they couldn't be similar, right? Well, Mechanic is a fox, a permanent hybrid, so he has to use instincts to get by. But not just fox instincts, human ones too, he sometimes crafts stone weapons to hunt. And if something big comes along, he'll quickly run away, he says it's surviving, Grasshopper Man is cowardice.

Thunderblight Ganon - Rob Lucci

Thunderblight Ganon, Shard of Calamity Ganon, Scrouge of Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Bane of the Gerudo Champion, Demon of the Desert, and Master of Lightning. Thunderblight is a quick and efficient blight, perhaps the strongest out of all of them. It's quickness and swordsmanship knows no bounds for it defeated Lady Urbosa. When it is hurt, it coats it's blade in lightning and prepares pillars of metal to shock it's enemy.

Thunderblight and Lucci are warriors through and through. Lucci is quick, especially with the Soru Technique, and they're both warriors who will try their best even though the odds are against them.

Fireblight Ganon - Entity_303

Fireblight Ganon, Shard of Calamity Ganon, Scrouge of Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Bane of the Goron Champion, Demon of the Fire, and Master of Fire. Fireblight is one of the weakest of the blights, but despite that he still packs a punch. He can become invincible by coating himself in a shield of fire, but he is still vulnerable to bombs, parries, and Flurry Rushes. Once it's hurt, it will spam the invincible mode and throw a condensed fireball at it's enemy.

I chose Entity for the role of Fireblight because not only is he one of the weakest links of the Infinity Warriors, it's also because they spam fire whenever they're backed into a corner. Also it's because they have massive weapons.

Dark Beast Ganon/Calamity Ganon - Rang Nebula

Calamity Ganon, Hatred and Malice Incarnate, Scrouge of Hyrule Castle, Bane of Hyrule, the Darkness that is in the Light, and Destroyer of Champions. Calamity Ganon is a combination of all the blights into one. He can use fire, wind, lightning, and ice. He is a monster that will never rest until Hyrule is on its knees. 

Rang Nebula is pitch perfect for this role, she is a corrupted individual who wants nothing but destruction for their enemies. Rang Nebula even copied some abilities from others as well, in hopes of killing Thanos, but ultimately failing.

HOOO that was a long one! I've been on mobile for the past months and that was the longest post I've written in the group… On mobile. There is only one thing I would like to say.

If you put King Bosphoramus Hyrule in every sentence (full name and title) you mention him, I'll give you a kiss on the cheek.

What do you think of my cast? What is your cast? I'm intrigued to know.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yoshifan: whoa a lot of things change in hyrule and those crazy Guardian and gannon's monsters are still roaming around no wonder I don't go out

It was a pretty fun game to play when it first came out I never really played that much Legend of Zelda but I did remember playing the ocarina time and I think Link's Awakening for the Game Boy and I really suck at it but once I got breath of the Wild it was pretty fun

Yeah, the shrines, the Divine Beasts, the bosses, are all amazing.

JNKing
Group Admin

:twilightoops: This is gonna be a tricky one. It's been a while since I played Breath of the Wild (I'm a bit more of a Twilight Princess fan myself, yes, because Link can turn into a wolf :twilightsheepish:), but let's see what I can come up with.

Overall, I like your cast, as it sounds like they fit each of the characters and their personalities. And more importantly, they're great for helping me remember the different characters of Breath of the Wild and fitting my own cast with them.

So let's see what we got:

Link - Logan. I wanted to put Star Wing, but Logan has all of Link's determination and even kinda looks like him, admittedly as a blonde wolf version of Link - which is odd, since Twilight Princess Link's wolf form was dark furred :applejackunsure:. While I still have to flesh out his skill in crafting, Logan himself can be cunning when he wants to be, usually as long as it means he doesn't have to retreat or surrender.

Princess Zelda - Star Wing. While Logan's asexual and would reject any romantic advances from Star Wing, I still see Star as being the one that would be more than willing to fight something like Calamity Ganon for 100 years and even longer.

King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule - Shiva. While not the most hulking of figures, she is ready to fight when needed, and she's an excellent guide for heroes. Also, I love the idea of her disguising herself as an old woman.

Revali - Kodo. Mostly I see Kodo taking this spot due to his gruff nature. He wouldn't be outright hateful - especially if Link is being played by his son - but Kodo did always have an interest in Logan being strong, so he'd push his son to be the very best he could be. Same sort of 'Jerk with a Heart of Gold' thing going on.

Mipha - Ricochet. Similar to Mipha and Rapunzel, Ricochet is caring and she has a crush on Logan (one he will sadly never reciprocate). Also, her connection to Jackknife gives her some power over water, though she isn't quite the healer Mipha is. Talented and with a certain elegance to her, she'd be more than capable of filling her spot.

Daruk - Luke. Everything you described about Daruk and Nappa fits Luke to a T.

Lady Urbosa - Celine. Surprisingly enough, Celine does have a dominant side to her, even though she doesn't like to show it. She's also uncertain about settling down, having not found the right mate, and leads the wolf pack after Shiva retires. And, of course, Celine's determined to bring down any threat to her pack.

Teba - Darius. You had me at skilled archer, and though Darius might be a bit more silly due to his love of puns, he knows when to get serious and turn his Eagle Eye into a Dead Eye.

Sidon - Cat Catcher, mostly due to the power and charisma factor, and because my water based guy is being saved for later.

Lady Riju - Blue Moon. She's definitely determined, and even has a clumsy side to her and a tendency to hesitate when she doesn't have her friends around her.

Yunobo - Wildvine. I'll admit, a certain griffon dragon hybrid would be better, but I'm saving him for later. For now, Wildvine could fit due to her lack of interest in fighting combined with her earth based nature as an earth pony/earth dragon. At least until Logan comes and kicks her rear into gear.

Master Kohga - Luco. This does feel a little weird considering the build up, but Kohga is just too good to pass up for Luco. Both of them are goofy terrorists who just want chaos. And while Luco is a bit more productive about it, his rivalry is still a much friendlier one due in large part to him mostly wanting the chaos to be fun.

Windblight Ganon - Swift. Yep, this is what I was saving my dragons for. As Luco's dragon of wind, Swift fits this, and his cowardly nature could explain his reliance on ranged attacks and refusal to come down until he's show down.

Waterblight Ganon - Jackknife. The water dragon fitting with the Water Blight. Though Jackknife is much braver than Water blight, though he isn't above letting his watery projection get shattered and then letting his true form sneak around to rebuild his form and come back for another attack.

Thunderblight Ganon - Diamondback. A bit out of her reach, admittedly, but since there isn't an Earth Blight, she'd make do. And while she's not usually a fighter, once someone provokes her wrath, she does not stop until they're a small stain on the floor.

Before you ask, no Grasshopper Man did not anger her when he tried to bring her to justice. He would have known if he had made her angry.

Fireblight Ganon - Blaze. This would be a bit of a new one for her, being the weakest as opposed to the strongest, but she'd still do her best to try and switch that around. Granted, that's by spamming her flames, which are supposed to be a bit more powerful than Fireblight's, considering she held her own against Katakuri in the Displaced tournament.

Dark Beast Ganon - Myst. A bit of an inversion, but after thinking about it, I decided Luco fit better as Kohga, leaving Myst to take this role. And granted, when Myst has fully snapped and embraced her misanthropic side, it does fit; she's a corrupted individual who just wants to destroy her enemies and everything that stands between them. And while I'm not sure about her copying other abilities, she does have determination that matches Logan's, being willing to put her body through absolute Tartarus to try and destroy what she believes has wronged her.

Thanks for sharing.

King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule - Shiva. While not the most hulking of figures, she is ready to fight when needed, and she's an excellent guide for heroes. Also, I love the idea of her disguising herself as an old woman.

*Doesn't see the name King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule in every sentence you mention him.*

Revali - Kodo. Mostly I see Kodo taking this spot due to his gruff nature. He wouldn't be outright hateful - especially if Link is being played by his son - but Kodo did always have an interest in Logan being strong, so he'd push his son to be the very best he could be. Same sort of 'Jerk with a Heart of Gold' thing going on.

I knew, absolutely knew, that Kodo would be Revali. They're both jerks, he probably didn't get it from Shiva or Luke since I don't think he was this way before. Must be some third party.

"What are you looking at me for? I didn't that!"

Anyway, the casting choice is amazing.

Dark Beast Ganon - Myst. A bit of an inversion, but after thinking about it, I decided Luco fit better as Kohga, leaving Myst to take this role. And granted, when Myst has fully snapped and embraced her misanthropic side, it does fit; she's a corrupted individual who just wants to destroy her enemies and everything that stands between them. And while I'm not sure about her copying other abilities, she does have determination that matches Logan's, being willing to put her body through absolute Tartarus to try and destroy what she believes has wronged her.

Myst has got to be the scariest of your Ocs, thanksfully I have Thanos and the Infinity Warriors of she tries to pull a fast one on me.

But I do wonder, what would be your take on the death of Calamity Ganon?

JNKing
Group Admin

*Doesn't see the name King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule in every sentence you mention him.*

:applejackunsure: I'm not following. Was it supposed to be something like this?

King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule - Shiva. While not the most hulking of figures like King Roam Bosphoramus Hyrule, Shiva is ready to fight when needed, and she's an excellent guide for heroes. Also, I love the idea of her disguising herself as an old woman like King Roam Bosphoramus Hyrule.

I knew, absolutely knew, that Kodo would be Revali. They're both jerks, he probably didn't get it from Shiva or Luke since I don't think he was this way before. Must be some third party

If you go by 'Of Scales and Fur' canon, it's Myst that he gets it from. He was inspired by how even though she was evil, his father always respected Myst's strength and dedication to protecting what she loved. And in 'Howlite Howler' canon, he gets it from Sombra, since even though Sombra didn't have the best of intentions, he had been with Kodo for most of his pup hood, and taught him all about protecting what was his with extreme prejudice.

Myst has got to be the scariest of your Ocs, thanksfully I have Thanos and the Infinity Warriors of she tries to pull a fast one on me.

It's funny; Kodo was initially the one that was based on the Big Bad Wolf of Fairy Tale Folklore, but nowadays, it feels like Myst fulfills that role much better. How times change, eh?

But I do wonder, what would be your take on the death of Calamity Ganon?

Not too much of a difference; Star Wing and Logan bring back the spirits of the first warriors, allowing them to fight by the side of their successors. And with Logan unlocking his Pack Link, he's able to give Star Wing their combined power so she can unleash a Friendship Laser styled attack that seals Myst's Rage away.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6