Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,133 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

This post is for JNKing.

I do another one but this time, I am tackling the movie and what is the better way than having The Incredibles (1 & 2) for this.

But I have to warn you that some of the choice are very controversial.

Let's get started it

Luke- Mr. Incredible

Luke/Mr. Incredible is a super-hero from the Golden Age. He marries Shiva/Elastigirl shortly before they're forced to retire and enter the "Super Relocation Act" by a new law banning vigilante superheroics, legislation that was inspired in large part by the collateral damage resulting from Luke's superheroic activities.

Shiva- Elastigirl

Shiva is the mother of three children. Ever since the government forced her to stop being Elastigirl, she has problems getting her family of supers to fit in.

Celine- Violet

The oldest child in the Parr family. Celine has a crush on popular student Wildvine, but she is too shy to talk to her. She has the power to create force fields and turn invisible.

Kodo- Dash

The middle child of the Shepard family. He has super-speed powers and gets into trouble at school because he wants to play sports. His mom insists that competing in sports events would be cheating, even if he only won by a little.

Logan- Jack-Jack

The youngest member of the Shepard family, Logan has not learned how to talk and has not shown many signs of possessing super-powers... until now that he's a polymorph who can manipulate his body on a molecular level. Therefore all of his "distinct" powers are actually a manifestation of a single ability he hasn't learned to control yet. If and when he does learn, Logan would arguably be one of the most versatile Supers on the planet.

Yes, in this universe, he is Shiva and Luke's youngest child.

Jackknife- Frozone

A retired superhero with ice-based powers, and Luke's best friend from the old days. Unlike Luke, he's settled into civilian life and only reluctantly joins him on his attempts to relive the Glory Days.

Darius- Gazerbeam

Gazerbeam, real name Darius, was a former superhero. He appears briefly at Luke and Shiva's wedding. The disappearance is noted by the papers which draws Luke's attention.

Red- Edna Mode

A diminutive but brilliant fashion designer who, back in the day, designed costumes for superheroes.

Myst- Gilbert Huph

Luke's immediate supervisor at Insuricare. She is a short-tempered (and short) woman who often butts heads with Luke about his graciousness to customers' claims.

Huph is intended to be Hate Sink and who is better to play that role than Myst herself!

Wildvine- Tony Rydinger

A popular student at Celine's junior high. She has a crush on her.

It was toss up between Tony Rydinger or Kari the babysitter when it comes to Wildvine but ultimately, I thought the idea of Wildvine as a popular student was too funny to pass up.

Fox Hound- Agent Rick Dicker

Fox Hound is an old friend of Luke's - presumably his Friend on the Force back when the government provided assistance to superheroes. Years later, her department's function has been changed to keeping superheroes inactive and anonymous.

Swift- Winston Deavor

A rich tycoon of a world-class telecommunications company who supports Supers and wishes to bring them back into the spotlight.

Star Wing- Syndrome

The Big Bad of the first movie. Once Mr. Incredible's #1 fan with a gift for engineering, Star Wing turned to evil after her attempt to become her hero's Sidekick ended in disaster. Building the Omnidroids, Syndrome enacts an elaborate plan to gain the recognition she felt she lost when Mr. Incredible rejected her.

Her Project Kronus. It's all about luring Supers to her island knowing they will face her Omnidroid(s) for the sole purpose of being terminated — which she does over a dozen times before he gets to Mr. Incredible — and then later firing missiles at a plane that she was well aware had children on board. She's also tries to abduct Baby Logan, fully intending to raise him as her own sidekick.

Easily the most controversial choice i ever did! I know Star would have fit better as Voyd or even Winston but I find it more interesting if she's Syndrome like what if Star Wing wanting to be a superhero didn't work out for her and ends up becoming Syndrome?

Blaze- Mirage

A mysterious and alluring woman who approaches Luke with a chance to use his powers once again through confidential hero work, only to be revealed as Syndrome's henchwoman.

Luco- Bomb Voyage

Bomb Voyage was a recurring enemy of Mr. Incredible. He is a bomb-wielding villain dressed like a mime who speaks French. He only appears in the prologue of the first film, but it's his action of attaching a bomb to Star's cape that leads to a large portion of the lawsuits that eventually drove supers into hiding.

Jazz- The Underminer

The Underminer is a supervillain appearing at the very end of the first movie, prompting the Shepard family to spring into action and serving to demonstrate that they are able to operate in public again and will go on to have many adventures while fighting various enemies as a superhero team.

Diamondback- Evelyn Deavor/Screenslaver

The primary antagonist of Incredibles 2, the Screenslaver is a supervillain who specializes in hypnotic visual weaponry.

Her true identity is Diamondback, Swift's sister and a tech expert who has never met a problem she can't solve.

What would your OCs think of their counterparts?

JNKing
Group Admin

I have to warn you that some of the choices are very controversial

Some more than others. I look forward to showing the reactions.

So, let's not waste any time and get into it:

Luke - Mr. Incredible

Perfect casting choice. (Chef's Kiss) Luke would nod in complete agreement. "Yep, that's right up my alley."

While it would remind him of how he attended fighting pits for a time when he and Shiva disagreed on fighting, he'd be really happy with how things turned out for his counterpart, as there wouldn't be many differences between how his Incredible counterpart handled the story from the original Mr. Incredible.

Shiva - Mrs. Incredible

Another great casting choice; Shiva's willingness to settle down and raise her family syncs up very well with Mrs. Incredible's storyline in the first movie. Though her decision to get back into crime fighting in the second one might be a bit shocking to Shiva, she'd be able to get behind the reasons why explained in the movie.

"Wait-a-minute," Shiva would grumble at the sequel. "I get 'back' into fighting?" Then she'd see how Swift's counterpart had a plan to regain favor, and hum. "I suppose that makes sense."

The only real difference between her and Mrs. Incredible would be the mechanics of their powers; where Mrs. Incredible is able to stretch her limbs, Shiva has to use her pack link tendrils to achieve the same effect. Her mind reading capabilities would also likely be toned down or ignored for the sake of the plot, as she would have figured out Luke or even Diamondback were hiding things from her and used her pack link to figure out the story's twists a lot sooner. Especially if we stuck to her being extra reluctant to re-enter the superhero life.

Celine - Violet

A good choice. Celine would be a little unsure, but she'd still take to her counterpart with acceptance, especially when she achieves character development.

In terms of personality, Celine wouldn't be 'shy', per say, as she's usually very extroverted. But she'd definitely be awkward around Wildvine if she has a crush on her, as her flirting skills are... underwhelming to say the least. The force field ability works well with her own variation of the Pack Link, which focuses a lot on defense, and her invisibility could still work if she subtly influenced the minds of others with the pack link so they couldn't see her (sort of like what Kodo did with Speed Demon Kid when he got flustered by the girls in swimsuits).

Kodo - Dash

Kodo would shrug. "I guess it makes sense," he admitted. "Everyone else has a counterpart like that. Though..." he peered at the description. "Are we the Parrs or the Shepards?" He grinned. "I really hope it's Shepards; the irony of us being a bunch of wolves named Shepard is too good. :rainbowlaugh:"

I can see him being able to use the electrical nature of his pack link to achieve similar super speed to Dash. Though their personalities would be a bit different, as Kodo's usually more serious and not as hyperactive. Main difference would possibly be him being more comically serious instead of intentionally funny.

Logan - Jack-Jack

This works as well, as I did toy with the idea of Logan being Shiva's son instead of Kodo's for a time, and it matches up, as he's still one of her family regardless of the specifics.

He'd be a little miffed at his lack of screen time ("Oh, come on, I only get to get involved at the end?") But he'd really like his fight with the raccoon. ("Yeah; teach you to steal my garbage, Rocket!" :rainbowdetermined2:) He'd note that as he got older, he'd be interested in using the molecular ability to achieve density and durability, since that's his primary trait; he wouldn't be as interested in becoming fire or shooting laser beams, though he would find it fun at the age he was at with Jack-Jack.

Jackknife - Frozone

Not a bad choice; Jackknife's water based powers can transition into ice based abilities. Though, in order to achieve ice, Jackknife has to put himself into a state of tranquility and calmness that matches Wildvine. Hence, this version of Jackknife would be very laid back and - for lack of a better word - 'chill,' which would tie in well to how Frozone's settled into civilian life and only reluctantly joins Luke on attempts to relive the glory days.

Not sure how the 'super suit' variation would work out, as a result though, since again, he's got to be very calm in order to keep his ice powers.

Darius - Gazerbeam

Darius would wince, disappointed by his lack of screen time. "Aw, man. Looks like I'm not going to 'see' the ending to this one." He chuckled, hoping that people knew how Gazerbeam had laser eyes.

Red - Edna Mode

Red would be intrigued. "Oh, I put my crafting skills to real use here, eh?" She'd chuckle at the antics Red got up to with Logan. "Personally, I wouldn't have minded being Mirage. But this works too."

Granted, Red does admitted work as a fashion designer, since she has her cloak and hood, but at the same time, she'd have an obsession with the color red, which would work alright for making the Incredible costumes, but then she'd extend having red to pretty much everything she designed.

Myst - Gilbert Huph

Myst cocked an eyebrow. "So that's how you all see me," she grumbled. She then would leave the showing, and wouldn't return.

Granted, she wouldn't have much she could say in her defense; Myst/Huph would take a sadistic delight in denying customer claims, and would be angry at Luke for spoiling her fun, leading to a similar conversation. Luke's reaction also wouldn't be far off the mark, as while he did pity Myst and want her to move past her grudges, even he wouldn't be able to stand her letting someone get mugged because he's human and there's no point in trying to stop the whole thing.

One minor difference is that Myst might have let Luke go after the mugger, but only after he had taken out the victim, as according to her, stopping the mugger before the victim dies is wasting the opportunity to take out two birds with one stone.

... :twilightoops: Now that I think about it, Myst is a great character to play a Hate Sink.

Wildvine - Tony Rydinger

Wildvine would be pleased that she got to be a popular student. "Used to be I was always the weird one that everyone avoided," she pointed out.

Also, por que no los dos.

Wildvine could recognize that Celine has a crush on her, and be kind to her without letting on that she knows. So, if Celine admitted to needing help with Logan, Wildvine would sign up, leading to the antics seen in Jack-Jack Attack. However, where Kari got freaked out, Wildvine would roll surprisingly well, leading to a lot of comedy where Logan does something super-hero-y and Wildvine just goes 'hm,' and rolls with it. Granted, there will be a lot of smoked joints by the end of it all, but Wildvine will find a way to maintain her signature calm tranquility even through the worst of it.

Fox Hound - Agent Rick Dicker

This definitely works, as while Fox Hound is a stickler for the law, she recognizes the value of superheroes and vigilantes, and is always eager to help them however she can. She's the proud Commissioner Gordon to their Batman, and she'd even be seeing how she can help Luke continue to do super heroic deeds on the side without exposing his cover. So, for example, when Luke attacked Myst, Fox would try to find evidence against Myst revealing her petty attempts to con customers so that it looked like Luke did some good to help the people.

Swift - Winstone Deavor

Swift blinked. "I'm rich in this one?" he stammered.

"Don't be a fool, darling," Diamondback replied. "You're banking on my finances."

Swift deflated. "Oh."

Regardless, Swift could still work as Winston. He genuinely cares about people like Luke and his pack, and doesn't like having to fight them for Luco's sake even in canon. Having him as the one trying to bring them back into the spotlight would be perfect for his character.

Star Wing - Syndrome

:twilightoops: Oh, boy...

Star Wing would be heart-broken by this. The second her counterpart appeared, trying to be Luke's sidekick, she'd wince. "Oh, no..." she mumbled.

She'd hope for the best; she'd wish her counterpart didn't do what she ended up doing. But when the twist came, and she was revealed... Star Wing would start crying.

"I... broke?" she whispered, before letting out a skyward scream and breaking down.

The worst part is... Star Wing knows a timeline like this is possible. In the Starlight Time Travel Episode, I had plans for where she faced an evil version of herself who, instead of being hooked on superhero stories, got hooked on revenge stories instead, and thus became a vengeance seeking Dragon to Nightmare Moon. She utterly freaked out at what her counterpart got up to, and almost killed her counterpart before being stopped by Twilight.

Star has always tried to be the opposite of what the nobles and Lord Ego saw her as: a freak. A monster. A villain. In timelines like these, she feels they got proven right.

Blaze - Mirage

Blaze would be a bit surprised, as her fire powers mean she lacks subtly, but she would like how she makes a Heel-Face Turn at the end and turns against the evil Star Wing. Blaze prefers to be a dragon of honor, regardless of whatever side she's on, so seeing Mirage-Blaze figure out she's in the wrong and seek to make amends would be a dream for her.

Luco - Bomb Voyage

Again, excellent casting choice. Luco actually likes using grenades and fireworks a lot in his arsenal - batting them around with his baseball bat - so he'd be the perfect fit for this.

Jazz - the Underminer

Jazz would be a little shocked at the casting choice, before remembering that she's technically a diamond dog, and just going along with it.

"Personally, I prefer music," Jazz noted. "But... multiverse theory, I guess. Everyone can do anything."

She'd particularly like it if Underminer-Jazz was able to actually mine by blasting large bursts of sonic sound at the ground, incorporating her abilities into the new universe.

Diamondback - Screenslaver

Diamondback would grin. "A perfect choice," she noted, lifting up her diamonds. "After all, who can say no to diamonds?"

Since Diamondback is affiliated with Luco, she does often have to cause chaos while maintaining her status as a rich businesswoman, so she'd see it as right up her alleyway to provide funding to help supers, only to end up causing them to apparently turn on the public. Diamondback's developed a very impressive set of two faces for dealing in politics, and she'd be very happy to get the chance to show them off in this game the second film provides her with.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Well... I did warn you about Star Wing as Syndrome being controversial choice. (Thank you for incorporate the babysitter into Wildvine's popular character as well.)

Beside the one you mention, how would you done difference with your OCs as Incredibles since you did with RWBY and Fullmetal Alchemist?

JNKing
Group Admin

Well... I did warn you about Star Wing as Syndrome being controversial

Yep :eeyup:. Not saying you didn't warn me; just noting that Star would be pretty sad at her counterpart's actions.

Beside the one you mention, how would you done difference with your OCs as Incredibles since you did with RWBY and Fullmetal Alchemist?

Not much; as mentioned, the main differences would mostly be how superpowers worked and maybe a few minor changes in dialogue. Evil Star Wing does work as a version of Syndrome, and aside from Fox being more on-board with Luke continuing hero work, I don't really see how I would change the story that much.

Either way, thank you for sharing. This was fun. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4