Free Speech Group 72 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So many people have been telling on themselves since Elon started his hostile takeover of Twitter, especially Der Fuhrer Biden and Congress.

Bendy
Group Admin

This sort of thing may bite them in the ass. At some point, a right-wing party may get in power and censor the fuck out of the left, and they will have nothing to stand on. You censored us, now it's your turn. Taste your own medicine.

They may use the very laws they passed against them. Don't have Jesus and crosses in your bio? You banned. I wonder how the left will react to being censored when the right gets irritated? This is not a good thing regardless because this makes a cycle of revenge based politics. Red vs blue.

7682095 That is exactly what I am concerned about, the pendulum almost always ends up swinging back way too far the other direction. I am old enough to remember when the religious right was still relevant and thanks to the radical left we may see a resurgence of them in our lifetimes.

Bendy
Group Admin

All we have to say, I told you so. XD

I'm not sure, if the right, we'll go all Handmaidens Tale on them either. That seems rather silly to me. Even the hardcore right wing in the US, (from what I seen) were nowhere near that bad. I think 1950s America would even be like what the hell are you doing to women? You were expected to be a gentleman at least in the old days.

7682138 A resurgence of the religious right will probably look more like the "Reagan Revolution" of the 80s in terms of social issues mixed with more populist right economic and foreign policies such as those advocated by the likes of Donald Trump, Margorie Taylor Green and Lauren Boebert. It will indeed be reactionary in certain respects, but probably an improvement in regards to some economic and foreign policies. But, then again the far left went way further way faster than I even expected. Even so Handmaids Tale would be considered extreme even by the standards of the late 18th century, while what the far left is now doing is a post modern retread of the worst social policies of the last years of the Roman Empire combined with the economic and cultural cancer of Marxism. What I would prefer to see would be a much more libertarian society where people are given enough space to leave each other alone.

A Styx video? Out in the wild? Wow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6