Positive Ponies 3,479 members · 1,461 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Recently I've been watching Centaurworld (which much like MLP is a lot more than it appears).

Minor spoilers, btw? :unsuresweetie:

It has a lot of fun bits, quite a few laugh-out-loud moments, and almost all of the musical numbers are good, thus far.

It's a story of a warhorse from a relatively gritty and edgy world who gets separated from her partner by magical means. She gets sent to a different world, full of colourful, quirky characters and strange magics. She needs to get them to help her to return to her world, so that things can get back on track.

Imagine if Rainbow Dash from the Sombra timeline was suddenly ported into Gen 3 and needed their help to return to her timeline.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ae1dd676-6c08-4298-b999-7123e03b60b7

Okay, that's a bit harsh, but you get the idea.

Along the way, she learns to accept who she is and what her role in things is. And at one point (after my favourite song of the season) she goes through a physical transformation to go with the mental.

It's a show about the juxtaposition of adulthood and childhood. Of innocence and responsibility. Of friendship and independance. Of laughter and sorrow. All of these elements link together to form a whole. Kind of like......

Insert analogy here. Whatever.

Though, to wit,

Live in the jungle once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in the forest once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Most of the characters are relatively enjoyable.

With the notable exception of Derpleton.

Hot take: I know that his quirk is that he literally sees the world from too broad a perspective and that makes him a bit of an airhead... But having a reason for a character being stupid and annoying... Doesn't stop them from being stupid or annoying. Moronic characters like that SERIOUSLY grind my gears, regardless of the reason.

ANYWAY, it isn't quite Avatar tier in terms of being high art, but it's worth giving a chance. You can find it online in multiple places. Check it out. You might be surpri

Does G3 have f**t jokes? I remember being warned of those ahead of time so I went in expecting them and thus it didn't put me off quite as much as it would have otherwise (though I was still surprised to see them play it with Horse in Season 2, I thought they only did male characters like Durpleton).

Other than that, I'd say Centaurworld was all right, and the characters were fun to have around and I almost felt kinda sad when it was done. Though I haven't rewatched it yet, but someday I might.

I love of course how Horse's tail actually comes to life and becomes an entity of his own, something I once depicted with Frieza's tail as a joke. Though the only time he talks in Season 2 coincides with the second f**t scene with her, I kinda don't like when they combine "Light Flame" and "Dark Flame". Makes snapping Pinkie's tail against her rump seem comparatively tame.

Stabby's transformed form looks like Tonberries from the Final Fantasy games.

I am not sure who my favorite character is... Maybe Wammawink?

Btw, Kimiko Glenn (Izzy in A New Generation) does the voice of Horse

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2