The Insane Creators Guild 642 members · 2,344 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Arthor2017
Group Contributor

I'll be honest with you: I didn't like this adaptation of The Iliad. Many contradictions, unnecessary romance, and Aeneas didn't do shit! BUT... on the bright sight, Sean Bean lived to tell the tale

Time Reaper
Group Contributor

"Unnecessary romance"

Didn't all of this started for exactly that?

Arthor2017
Group Contributor

I'm not referring to the romance between Paris and Helen, but the relationship between Achilles and Briseis.

I don't remember the book much, but if I'm not mistaken the warrior became fond of the woman; I understand that, although in the film it seems to me that they gave it more emphasis instead of making an authentic war conflict.

Time Reaper
Group Contributor

Eh, the romance is to keep the tension, but it doesn't mean that the war conflict wasn't there. After all, one remembers them very well.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

This is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

It may not be a faithful adaptation of the source material and the acting is pretty over the top at times, but all the fight scenes are really damn good and the musical score is truly epic.

Arthor2017
Group Contributor

Certainly the combat scenes were very excited during the film, especially the landing of the Greek ships and the duel between Achilles and Hector. However, in my opinion, those moments were overshadowed by the rest of the movie while it lasted; from the moment Menelaus died I knew that they ruined all the work.

To be fair, Hector's baby was able to live in this version in contrast to the book. And here is the proof:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6