Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 255 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 255
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

When did I say he would work for the Dark Order?

Just a thought. Though, you've probably confirmed a hard no.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I doubt that Spike would suggest killing his master. (Depending on how close they have been together)

Both Ēferno and Spike wanted what was best for their dragon kinds.

But while Spike suggests teaching the benefits of friendships to the dragons to make peace with humans and ponies, Ēferno would initially find it impossible to be friends with the “disease ridden vermins,” because of how ponies and dragons had been enemies for so long.

While Ēferno hated the ponies, the last thing he would want is to side with the Dark Orders, because 1) there are ponies in the Order. 2) Some of them have killed dragons in extreme prejudice before. 3) His ex-girlfriend is a member of the Order.

Ah, that explains everything then.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ēferno and Spike talking about peace vs. power

Ēferno: “Why did you, Spike? Why did you gave up being the Dragon Lord? You’ve succeeded in securing the Bloodstone Scepter. Yet you chose to pass it onto another dragon.”

Spike: “Because I never would’ve done it without her. Besides, Ember’s older than me. She’s smarter than me, and stronger than me. The dragons are in much better care under her leadership. And to be honest…I never wanted to be the Dragon Lord. I just did it to save Equestria.”

Ēferno: “…You could’ve reclaimed our former homeland…”

Spike: “Well…sure. If I had known about that from the start. But I’d still want us to make friends with the ponies. With every creatures. Not for war. But for peace! And also…I still have a lot of growing up to do.”

Yeah besides he realized the pressures of being a ruler or important authority figure in Princess Spike. And he couldn't handle it. Not including the fact it was all dropped on him because all the ponies were desperate for only Twilight's word instead of any of the others who were there wide awake

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Sunset Shimmer and Spike bonding and talking about Ēferno

Sunset Shimmer: “Hey Spike.”

Spike: “Oh. Hey Sunset…”

Sunset Shimmer: “Mind if I sit?” (Spike nodded as Sunset sat down beside him) “Nice day, huh?”

Spike: “Yeah. I guess so.”

Sunset Shimmer: (Deciding not to beat around the bush) “I don’t mean to be nosy, Spike. But I saw you blowing up at Twilight a while back.”

Spike: “I’m sorry you had to see that.”

Sunset Shimmer: “I’m not the one you should be apologizing, Spike. You shouldn’t have snapped at Twilight like that!”

Spike: “Like you’re one to talk? You came out of nowhere trying to kill Twilight after she spent four years trying to find you and save you!”

Sunset Shimmer: “I know. I get that now. But I—“

Spike: “You don’t see me whipping out a red lightsaber and going blazing crazy on Twilight. So don’t act like you understand!”

Sunset Shimmer: “I do understand! I’m only trying to save you from making the same mistake I made!”

Spike: “What mistake? That I’m too faithful to Twilight when I should be thinking for myself and for my fellow dragons?”

Sunset Shimmer: “No. That you’re forgetting Twilight is your friend.”

Spike: “If she was my friend, then she wouldn’t have abandoned me back in Wrestlemania. Or used me as live bait to a rampaging Winterzilla! And all those other grievances her friends put me through…”

Sunset Shimmer: “I’m sure she never meant any of it. None of them did!”

Spike: “How would you know?”

Sunset Shimmer: “Because that’s exactly how I reacted when I thought Twilight abandoned me to the Galaxy Empire!”

Spike: “What?”

Sunset Shimmer: (Takes a deep breath) “When I was a prisoner of the Empire, I was all alone. I was scared. I waited for a long time for you and Twilight to find and rescue me. But it never came. At first, the only help I had was Galen. I took care of me. He was the only friend I had. Someone I counted on to help me get free. He’s the reason Storm Shield got that holographic message I sent to you and Twilight. But then…it looked like Emperor Palpatine was one step ahead of us. He and the Dazzlings somehow intercepted with our escape plan and…he tricked me into thinking Twilight abandoned me, with a recording of her saying that I didn’t need to be rescued.”

Spike: “And you believed them?”

Sunset Shimmer: “Hey! I was under a lot of stress! Okay? That may sound stupid. But cut me a break! I’ve already been mocked by Discord about it!” (Takes another deep breath) “But now that I looked back on it…I remember telling Twilight not to worry, because I would find her. And now I realize…if anyone’s to blame. It’s me.”

Spike: “How can it be your fault? Twilight was naive. You were in trouble and you needed saving and she was so quick as to decide not to rescue you…”

Sunset Shimmer: “But she was hoping for the good! She had faith! She trusted me. And I’m sure she trusted you the same way. That’s not something you can scold her for.”

Spike: “Whatever. It still doesn’t help that you became a Sith.”

Sunset Shimmer: “But maybe if I had better communication, then maybe it wouldn’t come to that! The problem with the Jedi and the Sith is that they lack communication and understanding with each other. And that’s what happened to us, and it tore our friendship apart. I don’t want that to happen again, especially between you and Twilight.”

Spike: “…I don’t want to stay angry at Twilight. But right now, things are a bit complicated for us. I just need some time and space to think about it.”

Sunset Shimmer: “I can respect that.” (Touches Spike’s claws) “I just hope you two can make amends soon.” (Sees Ēferno) “Also, maybe instead of taking your master’s words to heart, you should listen to your own more.”

Spike: (Surprised) “What?! How did—“ (Remembers Sunset’s power) “Oh. You saw him?”

Sunset Shimmer: “How long have you known him?”

Spike: “For some moons now. I first met him, back in Wrestlemania. He was just a voice, talking to me in my dreams. Well, he wasn’t the only one, but he’s been the most present. He’s been teaching me some martial arts techniques called the Dragon Kata. Something I would later use in case Twilight ever decided to leave me again.”

Sunset Shimmer: “He sounds like a great teacher then.”

Spike: “He’s more than just a teacher. He’s kinda like a father to me! More than Sludge would ever be. He’s been teaching me everything I needed to learn about life, the Dragon Kata, and…the prejudice and the stereotypes that’s been hurting the dragons. And that it’s our destiny to change that for the better.”

Sunset Shimmer: “That’s great, Spike. But…do you actually believe him when he tells you that ponies and dragons are meant to be enemies? Or that we’re the source of the world’s problems?”

Spike: “…I don’t want to believe that. I’m sure ponies and dragons can be friends. I want him to see that it’s possible. But he’s got his issues. I want to prove him wrong, but I don’t want to let him down.”

Sunset Shimmer: (Nods) “I know how you feel. I felt the same about my dad…back when I had a dad.”

Spike: “What happened to him?”

Sunset Shimmer: “He died. And I never got to show him how much he meant to me. Or how great I’ve become. And from that moment I…I took my frustration on everyone else.”

Spike: “That’s the reason why you were…bad?”

Sunset Shimmer: “…Part of it. Yes. I never got to show much of what I accomplished to my father. I miss him.” (To Spike) “Look, dads are great. And I get that we’re all trying to make them proud. But don’t let that be the only main objective for you to live your life. You’ve already got a family. In Twilight. She’s your friend, your mom, your sister, and your home in one package. Don’t throw that away just to please someone you’ve recently met and started to look up to as a father. Of all the friends, you’ve known Twilight the longest. And she appreciated you for that.”

Spike realizes Sunset’s words and struggles with his conflicted feelings. He realizes that even though Ēferno was like a genuine father to him, it’s a repeat of Father Knows Beast, where a father-figure is driving a wedge between him and his friendship with Twilight.

Spike: “Then what am I supposed to do?”

Sunset Shimmer: “That’s for you to think about. But don’t do it for someone else. Do it for you!”

A sweet moment between the two

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now how to write Spike and Twilight making amends?

That’s the question that’s been haunting me since I started reading Spike’s Chronicles.

You talking the Cinematic chronicles or the Disney one?

Comment posted by Justin Mershimer deleted Aug 29th, 2023
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

No. I meant the comic that's on deviantART.

It's kind of a mix between MLP and Kingdom Hearts.

Comment posted by Justin Mershimer deleted Aug 29th, 2023
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A comic huh? Definitely sounds like a most entertaining read indeed.

Yeah and those reading my story based off the premise of that feel Twilight's a lost cause and beyond redemption for Spike

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Some people can be so negative, if not narrow-minded.

I mean, yes, we have stories like Fear Within, and Spike's Journey, and then some that have the same drama issue between Spike and Twilight. But that doesn't mean they all follow the same formula and end the same.

Yeah sometimes I feel when I try to do something specific it attracts those who always have negative things to say about the path I take with certain characters and such

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Those people only think 'one' dimensionally. There's more to the story of which you are trying to bring to attention, but nobody's willing to 'see' it. Maybe instead of just 'talking', what they need to do more of is 'listening'. That's the only way they can truly understand what's really going on.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Twilight helps Spike and makes amend

It was late one night, but the silence was disturbed by the sound of a dragon trying to master a very powerful move he’s been learning from his master.

Spike: (Tries to master the technique but fails) “…It’s no use… I’ve been at it for moons now and…I’m sorry master. I’ve failed…”

Twilight Sparkle: (Tired) “Spike? What’s going on? Why are you up so late?”

Spike: “I couldn’t sleep. I thought I might as well burn the midnight oil by getting some practice in.”

Twilight Sparkle: “What were you trying to practice?”

Spike: “A very powerful and advance technique from the Dragon Kata. The Dragon Chi. From what my master taught me, if I learn to focus and channel my Chi energy, I can use it for powerful magic attacks. It’s pretty much like the Force for the Jedi and Sith. But for dragons, we call it Chi.”

Twilight Sparkle: “That’s amazing, Spike! I never knew dragons were even capable of magic. Well, magic like this.”

Spike: “Neither did I. That’s why I’m thankful for meeting master. He taught me I can actually do more than send messages via fire breaths, or be an assistant. This is the problem with every dragons lately.”

Twilight Sparkle: “…What’s the problem?”

Spike: “That dragons are forgetting the value they stood for. And that dragons are still the subject of stereotypes and prejudice of good and evil…”

Twilight Sparkle: “Oh… It’s still going on? I thought we resolved that since Yakyakistan.”

Spike: “Unfortunately, it’s still going on. And master and I are trying to fix that.”

Twilight Sparkle: “But I could’ve helped you!”

Spike: “Like you helped me at Wrestlemania?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Spike!”

Spike: “This is dragon problem, Twilight. You worry about the girls and everyone else. And try not to screw it up, like you did with me.”

Twilight Sparkle: “No. I’m done doing that. I’m not ignoring you again. When you have a problem, it’s my—“

Spike: “Save it, Twilight. I need to focus.” (Tries to master the Dragon Chi, but fails again)

Twilight Sparkle: (Sees the flaws in Spike’s training) “Here. Try this.” (Teaches him the breathing technique Cadence once taught him) “Does that feel better?”

Spike: “Yeah. A little…but it helps.”

Twilight Sparkle: “…I know I can’t undo what happened at Wrestlemania. But at least let me make it right by helping you with this Dragon Chi. I don’t mean to brag…or rub some salt, but…I know magic more than you. Will you let me?”

Spike: “…Sure. I’d like that.”

Twilight Sparkle: “Ok then.”

Spike resumes training his Dragon Chi, with Twilight helping him correcting his flaws, and helping him to master the technique.

Spike: “Whoa! I actually did it!”

Twilight Sparkle: “There you go!”

Spike: “And…it’s all thanks to you…”

Twilight Sparkle: “I told you we could make it…right?” (Gets glomped in a hug from Spike) “Spike?”

Spike: “I knew it! I knew I was right! All along! Ponies and dragons can live together!”

Twilight Sparkle: “Of course we can Spike. Why would you think that we can’t?”

Spike: “…It’s nothing. But…I…What’s happening to me?”

Twilight Sparkle: “…I think we’re all exhausted. We stayed up too late. Let’s go and get some sleep.”

Spike: “…Hey, Twilight?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Hmmm?”

Spike: “Thank you…for…for everything.”

Twilight Sparkle: “Anytime, Spike.”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ēferno: “The Princess of Friendship actually helped you?”

Spike: “Yeah! I’ve been struggling to master the Dragon Chi. But thanks Twilight, I can actually do some of the techniques!”

Ēferno: “…But why would a pony help you?”

Spike: “Master. I know how you feel about ponies. But why can’t we just give them the benefit of the doubt? I mean, me and Twilight are living proof that dragons and ponies can get along. And she actually wants to help us! Couldn’t we just give her a chance?”

That works so well

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Twilight Sparkle: "I know you'll grow to become a great dragon for your fellow dragons, Spike. I never stopped believing in that. But I'll never stop remembering you as the sweet little dragon I'll always love!"

Spike stopped dead in his track as he remembers the night. The night that he had forgotten so long ago. It wasn't exactly a big event, but it was an impactful night. One that Spike was very fond of. The night when he first found Twilight at her vulnerable and saved her.

Flashback: Love and Comfort

Spike: "AAAAAHHH!!!" (Collapses on the ground)

Twilight Sparkle: "Spike!" (Runs over to Spike) "What's wrong?"

Spike: (Crying) "...I said I would always be there for you, no matter what... I forgot I said that to you... I forgot the promise I made...that I'll always be your friend..."

Twilight Sparkle: "Oh, Spike." (Hugs him) "I forgot about it too. I'm afraid so much has happened to us that...we all forgot and...we're all growing up..."

Spike: "...I'm sorry I can't be the sweet little dragon you wanted me to be...not anymore..."

Twilight Sparkle: "But you'll always be my friend, Spike. No matter where you go, or who you choose to be, you'll always be mine."

Spike and Twilight resumed hugging each other.

This made me tear up a bit.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Same here. I got all nostalgic from watching the comic dub.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Now that is a very satisfying conclusion to whatever issues they had goin' on for a time being.

That was beautiful, and I loved that comic vid

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Who wouldn't like that comic vid? The guy who put it together had done a lot of work on this one little project.

Trolls that have a disdain towards anything that brings happiness to others.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sort of the same question Mewtwo asked Ash Ketchum why he would want to sacrifice his own life to stop the Pokemon and their cloens from fighting one another.

What do Quill Cast, Curtain Call, and Atalanta look like?

You can find the pictures in "Jurassic Park".

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Correct. They are all located in that story. The one that started all of their appearances since.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I was taking a trip down memory lane, looking through some of my old concept arts on my dragon, Ēferno.

His silhouette design and a design of him (inspired by Toothless’s glowing scales/fins from How To Train Your Dragon 2.

Looking back, I don’t like them. Too much spikes for his tail (I was trying to base them off the Hungarian Horntails), anatomy’s incorrect. But then again, these were drawn, back when I was a naive high schooler.

But maybe I could use some inspiration from these past designs to help me work on an improved design.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You could always take the rejected concepts for the final design and incorporate them into an 'opportunity'. They weren't going to work for Eferno... but who's to say they 'had' to be only for Eferno? Surely, he must have his own army of followers, would he not?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

After watching the latest Chapter 5 of G5 MLP: Make Your Mark.

I’m learning new things about dragons now.

1. The dragons didn’t go extinct. They’ve been hibernating this whole time!
  2. Dragons only exist as long as there’s magic in the world. Without it, they go into a dormant state.
  3. There’s an island called the Isle of Scales.

Fascinating.

But that definitely confirms that dragons have magic of their own besides the ability to breathe fire. And they’re connected to the world’s magic as much as the ponies.

Ēferno: “Spike. You have been raised by the ponies. You were taught to live like a pony. Even trained to serve them.”

Spike: “It wasn’t like I had a choice, master. They found me. They were the only family I had.”

Ēferno: “And how were you hatched? Normally, for us dragons, we usually heat up the eggs of our children to insure their survival. There is magic in our fires.”

Spike: “I was hatched by Twilight’s magic. So, I’m guessing that’s just as good as any dragon’s fire?”

Ēferno: “…Of course. Did you not know that dragons only exist as long as there’s magic?”

Spike: “Uh…no? That’s the first time anyone’s ever told me.”

Ēferno: “I was afraid of that. Another testimony to the ponies’ ignorance. It’s a fact that only dragons knew…and understood.”

Spike: “…What do you mean?”

Ēferno: “Dragons have existed long before the ponies. We were the living embodiments of the world’s magic. We can only exist as long as there’s magic. We are magic. Without it, we are nothing.”

Spike: “We can really use magic? The same way ponies can?”

Ēferno: “We all have magics of our own ways. Many creatures have recognized our brilliance in the magic art. We were revered, but we were also feared, because of how powerful we can really be.”

Spike: “So…what happened?”

Ēferno: “…A pony, by the name Opaline, had attacked us. She invaded our homes, stolen our treasures, and our hatchlings. All for the purpose to steal our fire. Our magical knowledge. And then she taught it to her apprentices. Than they pass onto their apprentices, and so on. Spreading like a disease. A wild fire. And the ponies selfishly used their newfound knowledge in many attempts to wipe out my dragons. Driving use out of our homeland.”

Spike: “…”

Ēferno: “I’ve seen too many blood. The death of all my fallen comrades. My soldiers. Slain, because of the ponies and their greed for power. And all those centuries, each exactly like the one before it. And if it continues, the magic will be destroyed, along with every dragons.”

Spike: “…Is there a way we can prevent this horrible future?”

Yes with this new bit of information can lead to more surrounding dragon lore

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. It's possible they've been in a deep sleep.

2. perhaps they are more connected to the magic than we've imagined.

3. Perhaps our heroes were there before but hadn't realized it before. Perhaps it is a secret place only the dragons know about.

But then comes the bigger question: Is Spike alive?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

But then comes the bigger question: Is Spike alive?

That's what I'm wondering.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

When I saw that new chapter, I thought something had happened with the dragons because not a single one was seen when Sunny and friends first went to this place Sparky needed to get to in order to recharge himself. But if the ending is any consideration, there are dragons still around... but they've been sleeping all these years. Now with magic coming back at this period, it won't be long till something strong proves great enough to wake them up completely. Only to discover that they are in grave danger if their location is discovered.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Lists of "potential" father-son bonding between Ēferno and Spike:

• Ēferno teaching Spike how to swim in lava.
  • Spike sharing and talking about his comics with Ēferno (who wouldn't be too big on the whole Power Ponies).
  • Going on camping trips. (Spike's idea of a good time)
  • Ēferno teaches Spike how to play Fireball. (Dragon's equivalent of baseball)
  • Playing catch the flag. (Spike's idea)

Okay, honestly, Ēferno, being a centuries old, jaded, dragon lord, fueled up by his hatred of ponies from so many battles wouldn't be too big on these activities. The only idea he has of a father and son bonding was training. But he is willing to let down his guard, only to let Spike indulge the father-son bonding he was robbed of, because of Sludge.

Ēferno's a complicated dragon. He doesn't understand love, or know how to be a parent. He thought Spike needed a master to help him grow to his full potential. Meanwhile, Spike was just happy to have met a dragon whom he looks up to, like a father. They're both helping each other learn from each other.

Spike needed to learn self-confidence and how to fight for what he believes in, while Ēferno needed to learn how to love again and to have self-acknowledgement.

Aladdin – Father and Son

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Say what you will about the third Aladdin movie, but we cannot deny that some of the songs are pretty catchy. But I suppose if there's one positive note about Eferno's idea of bonding being through training, at least after losing a couple two hundred calories a day you'll slowly be in the best shape of your life. But that would also probably mean 'no' snacking.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Twilight Sparkle: "Look, Ēferno...your lordship. I'm just as concerned as you are about Spike's well-being, but–"

Ēferno: "Oh? You're concerned? This coming from the Princess of Friendship who abandoned Spike at Wrestlemania? And before that, who dared to INTERRUPT HIS TRAINING?! How concerned WERE you that day?"

Twilight Sparkle: "I never abandoned Spike! I...I was trying to save my friend, Fluttershy!"

Ēferno: "EXACTLY! Your friend. Not Spike's..."

Twilight Sparkle: "She IS also his friend! She's OUR friend!"

Ēferno: "And yet you would choose a fellow pony over Spike's. This has me questioning whether or not your friendship truly does extend beyond the pony race."

Twilight Sparkle: "Look, I get why you're mad at me, and why you don't trust me. But I do love Spike more than anypony! I want what is best for him too!"

Ēferno: "ENOUGH! You are clearly unfit to look after him as a guardian, let alone a mentor! You would rather have him stay behind to pick up the slack of the responsibilities you have shirked off, in favor of being with your friends. You would want him to squander away his life than letting him reach his full potential as a dragon."

Twilight Sparkle: "That's not true!"

Ēferno: "I was trapped in a limbo, before Spike set me free. He had confided all of his troubles to me. How he had wondered what it truly means to be a dragon, or what a dragon's destiny truly is. So, I've taken him under my wings. Taught him everything he really needs to know for his future endeavors. Knowledge that you ponies have deprived him from..."

Twilight Sparkle: "We don't know much about dragons! You can't blame me for our limited knowledge, or resources at the time!"

Ēferno: "Why should I not? All of you ponies are the same. You think the world revolves around you! You believed everything is black-and-white, and that just because my dragons and I have done things you consider bad, you automatically label us as evil in your fairy tales! You brought your blizzards, your diseases to our ancestral home, and drove us out! You stole our treasures, our eggs. Even using one of our owns in one of your wizard allies' obstacle games...for fame and glory. You treat our kinds as if we were abominations. Why shouldn't I treat you any better? How can I entrust my apprentice's well-beings to the likes of you?"

While Twilight is Spike's sister-figure, she has moments where she is like a mother to him.

So, imagine her "mother" side clashing with Ēferno's "father." They sound almost like parents who have different opinions on what they believed is best for their kid, and would pass the blame to one another.

And I don't mean it like the "divorced" couple kind...Or maybe it is... I don't know...

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Spike: "Master...It's not all that bad. I mean, sure...Twilight did embarrassed in front of the wrestlers at Wrestlemania and...she did sorta left me behind at the mercy of Malaki Black... But it wasn't like she meant to abandon me. I mean, yes, it still hurts. And it still left quite a sting on me, and I still get these occasional headaches because of her. But...she was doing it to save her friend. And...I can kinda understand."

Twilight Sparkle: "And I'm really sorry Spike. I–"

Ēferno: (Roars at Twilight) "SILENCE!" (To Spike) "You were saying, Spike? You understood what exactly?"

Spike: "...Twilight doesn't always make the right decisions. She's always overthinking things, especially under the most extreme of pressures. No one can blame her for that. Anyone can lose their minds if they were put in her positions. I know I would. I'm just asking, maybe we should just...cut her some slack? She doesn't always get it right, but she's trying. And that means a lot more than we think..."

Twilight has made mistakes in the past. No doubt about it. I mean, doesn’t everyone make mistakes? Even team leaders and geniuses like her are no exception. However, failure should not define anybody no matter what happens. The point is pick yourself back up, keep moving forward and try again. This is something I don’t think Eferno might understand unless he experiences failure for himself, which is probably his inability to recognize that all beings are capable of improving themselves.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... those two would make a pretty difficult couple to cope with. Like Sally Field and Robin Williams... or Jack Black and Susan Saradon.

*upon hearing Robin Williams* WHY?! OH WHY?! *tears act like waterfalls*

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

This is something I don’t think Eferno might understand unless he experiences failure for himself, which is probably his inability to recognize that all beings are capable of improving themselves.

He comes from a very hard time, dating thousands of years, even before Celestia and Luna were born.

In his eyes, he thinks every ponies in existence are irredeemable, greedy, and are the real evil, believing they are the cause of the world’s problems. Walking diseases even.

Yeah... those two would make a pretty difficult couple to cope with.

I wouldn’t exactly say couple.

Just two opposing forces with different opinions (in this case, paternal instincts) creating a friction (how to care for Spike’s wellbeing).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Spike: “The ponies never meant any of this! It was the Windigoes that created the blizzard. They feed from their negative emotions and used it for power!”

Ēferno: “I fail to see how this testifies to their supposed innocence. As always, the ponies are the source of all the problems in the world. Every problems are started with them; whether it was intentional or not, they refused to take responsibilities for their mess. They would rather leave their problems for some other creatures to deal with later, rather than solve the problems, effectively immediately on the spot.”

Spike: “Well it’s not that simple. There are rules and…stuff.”

Ēferno: “And whose rules exactly? Yours? Or the ponies? You are not a pony, Spike! We are dragons! We do not take orders or obey any pony! They cared nothing for us! Nor any of their kinds! They never have, and they never will!”

Spike: “You don’t know that! You’ve been locked away for how many years in a tomb, until I freed you. You’ve just got back to Equestria and you only took one look and that’s all it takes for you to think that the ponies haven’t changed? I’m telling you, they’re not like that anymore! They are some good ones too! You just have to give them a chance!”

Ēferno: “So you say. But did you not also told me of the day when ponies have once again been divided? When Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, and that appetizer, Cozy Glow attacked, after they’ve turned on Discord, who had staged the whole failed coup de’tat? What lead up to the division? How was it that even after a thousand years, ponies can still turn on one another, without hesitation? Without question? And all it took was one simple lie?”

Spike: “I…I…That’s a good point…”

Ēferno: “In the end, ponies are still the same. And they will continue to destroy the world if they continue to thrive… They might even destroy the world’s magic. Our very way of life will be over…”

I can't help but think that what Eferno's going through is similar to how stubborn and rigid Starswirl was in his ways back then. That wizard's original mindset was in such a way that he ignored his own apprentice, causing him to become the Pony of Shadows. While he initially blamed Twilight for releasing the monster years later, he learned the hard way to be more open minded and willing to give others a second chance, including Stigian when he, the pillars, and the elements freed him. Here's hoping Eferno will learn a similar lesson and eventually apologize for being so biased. 🤞

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 255