Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 4119 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 4,119
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, I knew the similarities to that one too. Loved that movie.

cheerful9
Group Admin

The Last Unicorn

Spike and the unicorn's journey and encounter with the Midnight Carnival.

Horizon rising up to meet the purple dawn,
Dust demon screaming, bring an eagle to lead me on.
For in my heart, I carry such a heavy load.
Here I am, on man's road.
Walking man's road...
Walking man's road...

I'm hungry, weary, but I cannot lay me down.
The rain calls, dreary, but there's no shelter I have found.
It will be a long time till I find my abode,
Here I am, on man's road.
Walking man's road...
Walking man's road...

(Song ends)

(Scene: The unicorn and dragon are sleeping in the grass by the side of the road. A black caravan of wagons approaches. On the side of two of them, a black canvas is hung. In red letters, it says "Mommy Fortuna's Midnight Carnival". In smaller ones underneath, "Creatures Of Night, Brought To Light". We see a bent old woman driving the foremost wagon. She has a hat shaped like a tree branch, with a crow on it. She stops the wagon once she sees the unicorn and Spike.)

OLD WOMAN:' Well. Well, bless my old husk of a heart. And here I thought I'd seen the last of them. (Calls to the wagons) Here, you two!

(We see two men get down from the second and third wagons. One is short and hunched, with an eye patch; the other is tall; we can't see his face yet.)

MOMMY FORTUNA: If he knew... But I don't think I'll tell him. He'll think it's a horse and a dog for sure. Some wizard I hired.
SHORT MAN: Now just what was that you stopped for?
MOMMY FORTUNA: What do you think it is, Rukh? What do you see lying there?
RUKH: Dead horse and dog.
MOMMY FORTUNA: You're a fool! But I knew that. What about you, wizard? What do you see with your sorcerer's sight?

(Rukh elbows the tall man and laughs. We see his face now; he has no beard, green eyes, and a pointed blue cap. He stares at the unicorn and dragon. The old woman grabs his collar and pulls his face down to her level.)

MOMMY FORTUNA: Answer me, you juggler!
TALL MAN: I - I see a horse and dog. Just - just a white mare and purple dog.
MOMMY FORTUNA (chuckles): I thought so. All right. It's a white mare and a purple dog. I want them for the carnival. The last cage is empty.
Crow: (caws silently)
RUKH: I'll need rope.
MOMMY FORTUNA: The rope that could hold that mare and dog has not been woven. We'll do the best we can with cold iron bars. (The unicorn and Spike begin to stir as they're starting to wake up.)
TALL MAN: Oh, they're waking!
MOMMY FORTUNA: I'll put a sleep on them! [Skagribbitch! Kastamangya! Nitchai! Nitchaul!] (Something emanates from the old woman's fingers. It materializes into a solid, curved, glowing blue horn in front of the unicorn's real one while a strange mark appears on Spike's forehead.)
MOMMY FORTUNA: Now cage them. They'll sleep till sunrise.

In space, Friendship cannot save you.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Good thing there's cage big enough for both The Unicorn and Spike. While they've yet to proven they are quite close, at this point there's no choice. Since the cage itself is magically sealed and a spell binds them, they're stuck until a certain lanky wizard decides to come to their rescue.

cheerful9
Group Admin

Correct. What do you like about the scene that I typed?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You were able to write down the spells Fortuna said, not only to make sure they remained asleep till their in the cage but also to put on certain features to make people 'think' they are seeing a unicorn or dragon.

cheerful9
Group Admin

Thanks! Since the unicorn was given a false horn so others could see her as a unicorn instead of a normal horse, I thought it would be a good idea to give a strange mark on Spike's forehead so people could see him as a dragon instead of a dog.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I suppose that does make sense. Though frankly, I still don't understand how people couldn't already see that Spike's a dragon when there are dragons roaming their lands. But I suppose given Spike has elements of Equestrian magic and some it's collision with the magic of this realm makes him appear like a dog then only a select 'few' would know Spike's real identity (Like The Unicorn or later on Schmendrick).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I was kinda joking about Spike being mistaken for a dog in the previous page. But while we’re at it.

The Last Unicorn
Spike the “dog”

For the next few days, the unicorn, now named Amalthea, was slowly recovering from her trauma of being made into a human against her will. In spite of the Mane Six having changed themselves humans, this did little relieve the unicorn-turned-human. Meanwhile, Spike himself was just as displeased, for being forced into a facade of being a dog, by pretending to be a dog.

“Someone please remind me to come back here, looking for my lost dignity,” Spike moaned.

“What kind of dog are you?” King Haggard asked.

“Uh, woof woof!” Spike barked. “Ruff ruff! Bow wow?” the young dragon barked, before he ended by giving a slobbery lick to the old Kong’s face.

With that, King Haggard splutters and spit, disgusted by the dragon’s “kiss.”

“Ugh!” Spike spat, once he was far away from the king. “YUCK! What nasty flavor!”

*Later, when he was regrouping with his friends*

“I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up,” Schmendrick sighed, as he drank his soup. “He made me juggle tea cups, with teas in them.”

“You think you’re complaining?” Spike moaned, as he was busy brushing his teeth. “I had to kiss that king, like a dog.”

“Ew,” Rainbow Dash cringed. “Well, it could be worse.”

“NO!” Spike roared as he brushes his teeth vigorously. “That was VILE! You owe me BIG!” With that, Spike worked up another slobber, spitting in disgust, before he squirted another minty toothpaste and continues to brush.

Prince Lir killed a dragon and Spike’s innocence

The prince presented his gift to the lady. A green dress made from the dragon’s hide. Unfortunately for him, Amalthea was hardly impressed, if not disgusted and turned her attention back to the sea.

Of course, she’s not the only one who was displeased, if not traumatized by Lir’s supposed gift for her.

“Whoever that dragon was,” Spike whimpered. “Rest in peace.”

With that, the poor dog took his leave, shaking, wide eyes, and struggling to surprises his tears.

Based on Scrooge McDuck’s old man antic

“Ooh, are you asking me, Dash?” Spike began, glaring at the pegasus, in a mocking tone. “I’m just a little puppy who’s half chihuahua.”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well who knows? Could be worth some laughs. Besides if Spike goes walking around the castle as a Dragon, imagine him running into Lir. Granted, Lir 'is' a nice guy who wants to get to know 'Amalthea' and wants to prove his worth. But he does slay dragons as a means of getting a woman's attention, so...

Hopefully when Spike's true self is revealed maybe they can work something out.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

👏 That was beautiful! Now begins where we imagine the interactions that follows into the next scene, when our heroes wake up, behind bars and meet a new travel companion.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Now it's just a matter if Spike and The Unicorn are the only ones locked up with all the poor animals. Probably to ponder if all or any of the Mane Six had been captured too. Should Twilight or Rarity have been captured for being Unicorns, Fortuna would want to put them on display too. And with Twilight being an 'alicorn' or 'winged unicorn', she must be super rare. Perhaps even just as big as a harpy.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

NOOOOOOOO, my reference making machinery!!!

The Last Unicorn
Robin Hood

MOLLY: “Willy! Sing us a true song! Sing us one about Robin Hood.”
PINKIE PIE: “OH! I love Robin Hood songs!” (Pulls out a guitar) “Robin Hood and Little John walking-OOF!” ( Rainbow Dash and Applejack quickly silenced her by putting an apple in her mouth).
RD & AJ: “SHHHH!” (The Unicorn turns to Twilight).
UNICORN: “What a strange little pony, she is.”

CAPTAIN CULLY: “There is no Robin Hood!” (The Equestrian heroes and unicorn turned their attention back to the camp) “Robin Hood is a myth!”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now look what you’ve done to me! You’ve awakened the ten year old fanatic of me!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now comes the straw that broke the camel’s back!

The Last Unicorn
The tree

“I don’t even care!” Schmendrick scowled as he chanted a spell, in which a must suddenly surrounded both him and the tree he was tied to.

Quite unexpectedly, and embarrassing for him, the tree came to life and was infatuated with him.

“Oh I love you!” the tree said, before ‘she’ proceeded to smother the unfortunate magician with her unconditional love and... barks. “I love you! Love, love, love, love, love you!”

“Oh what have I done?” Schmendrick moaned in dismay at his awkward predicament.

(You made my lose my mind, that’s what. -_-)

“Always, always. Faithfulness beyond any man's deserving. I will keep the color in your eyes when no other in the world remembers your name.” With that, the tree continues to mush Schmendrick's face in her trunk. “There is no immortality but a tree's love.”

And now, a moment with Ed.

This has been a moment with Ed.

“I am losing my mind!” — random robot, Robots.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Oh! Fun fact: The VA of Mommy Fortuna is also the same VA who voiced for Mrs. Potts in Beauty and the Beast!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

This is just for jokes, not for the real McCoy when it comes.

The Last Unicorn
Spike tries to get the skull to talk

Spike: (Rings a gong) “Yo bonehead, WAKE UP! We gotta find the Red Bull!” (Slumps and walks in front of the skull) “C’mon boy! Go get it!” (Throws the stick and whistles) “C’mon!” (Flies up to the skull’s ledge) “Rrr! Rrr!” (Mutters under his breath) “Hello? HEEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO? Hello?! Uh oh...”

(The whole structure collapses)

“Uh, Boney? Boney? Oh no... they’re going to kill me!”

King Haggard: “What’s going on down there? What’s the meaning of this?”

Spike: (Puppeteers what’s left of the skeleton) “Uh, oh! How do you do, King H? I am... I am talking! Yes that’s me! I am your faithful servant, the talking skull! Good morning! I hold with me the secret that nobody knows, which is to be or not to be! D-D-Did I mention that I am the talking skull?”

King Haggard: “Yes... and a very talkative skull at that. Just do your job, and report to me if there is any trouble.”

Spike: “Don’t even worry about it! Nobody knows!”

The Skull: “Haha! That’s a good one! No ‘body’ knows!”

Spike: “You just talked?!” (Falls down the stairs in surprise) “AAAAAAAAH!! Ow! Oh! Ow!” (Crashes into the clock) “Oh, my elbow! My elbow... Oh, I’ve been clocked worse.”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

HAH! Of course, Pinkie would make a reference to the 'Disney Chronicles'. Even though both these series are meant to be written as alternate universes, leave it to Pinkie to defy the laws of physics in some form.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If there was a moment to spot a 'Big Lipped Alligator Moment', this scene happens to be it. It comes so out of nowhere and barely relates to the plot, plus we never speak of this afterwards. If we think this is bad, be glad the girls didn't decide to go through 'The Evil Dead'... Yet.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's right, Angela Lansbury! Also the VA for Molly Grue once portrayed Catrina in the 80s series. But since Twilight and her friends come from the G4 dimension and Catrina NEVER made an appearance in that series, how would they to know? Although I'm sure Pinkie Pie would throw a subtle reference.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

No bigger troll than a talking skeleton who's only desire is to have wine coursing through his bony structure.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Also the VA for Molly Grue once portrayed Catrina in the 80s series.

Ah, no wonder she sounds so familiar... and now I’m just gonna— *walks out the door and screams*

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

*Watches Phantom-Dragon scream for a lengthy period*

*Turns to the Readers* Yeah... He'll be fine.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ok, fun and jokes over. Now's the time to be really sentimental for some bonding scenes.

The Last Unicorn
Lady Amalthea bonding with the Equestrian heroes

In her bed chamber, Amalthea was twisting and turning in her sleep, plagued by the same visions of nightmares that have tormented for a very long time since she first arrived at the castle of King Haggard. At first, in her dreams, she would recall visions of animals in a beautiful forest. She would feel herself at peace, until the the dreams turn to nightmare, in which she finds herself set upon by a cackling witch, a harpy, and the menacing Red Bull with fiery auras to match the ferocity of its appearance. To further her troubles, she sees herself as in her true form, as the unicorn she once was, being confronted by all these nightmares, traumatized for witnessing the death of the old witch at the claws of the harpy, and how she was nearly trampled by the fiendish red bull.

With a loud yelp, Amalthea woke up with a fright, panting heavily until she was able to compose herself, catching her breath, "Why..." she asked herself. "Who am I? What am I? What was I here for again?"

"Amalthea?" Twilight yawned as she and her friends gathered around to console the unicorn-turned-human. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Who's there?" Amalthea asked, turning her troubled gaze to meet the lavender eyes of the Princess of Friendship. "Oh, Twilight. Twilight Sparkle, isn't it?"

"Yeah, of course it's me," Twilight answered. "Don't you remember?"

"I... I... " the lady placed her hand to her forehead, as she frowned, "I do, but then I don't... I don't understand why this is happening to me now. Is... is this what it means to be... ill?"

"No, you're just under a lot pressure, darling," Rarity insisted. "This happens to us all the time."

"Yeah, Twilight especially," Spike snarked, to which Twilight blushed in response, knowing where this is going, "You should see the time when she jinxed all of Ponyville with a Want-It, Need-It Spell," with that, the gang all burst out laughing at the mention of the memory, much to the lady's confusion.

"How can you all be so cheerful?" Amalthea asked. "How is it possible that you could laugh and be so joyful, in spite of knowing the risk of where we are?"

"Hey, it's just part of the adventure, Lady," Rainbow Dash shrugged. "You live once, so you gotta live in the moment."

"Live in the moment?"

"What Dash's trying to say was, that ya can't just spend the rest of yer life worrying so much about the end," Applejack began. "Because no one ever knows when the world's about to end. Just take life one step at a time, with yer friends and family."

Amalthea tilted her head, "Friends..."

"Yeah, like all of us together, Amalthea!" Spike began. "You, me, the girls here, and even Schmendrick and Molly! We're all your friends here!" with that, the Equestrian Girls all exchanged agreements.

"I... I don't remember a time when I had friends," Amalthea began.

"For crying out loud, stop looking at the glass half empty!" Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration.

"RAINBOW!" the others berated the rainbow haired girl.

"Sorry," Rainbow apologized.

"We're your friends, Amalthea!" Spike began. "Always have, always will be."

Still, the former unicorn looked even more confused, "But... I don't know you for so long," she stated. "The times I've known you, it felt... short. If we truly are friends, then shouldn't I feel so joy as well?" the woman turned her head to the side, sighing, "I recall... sorrow and loneliness, and I am slowly recalling my quest, that I have an important role to fulfill. Yet, I have this strange feeling, as if it was pleading me to stop, and I almost accepted it. But now... I'm more lost." With that, Amalthea slumped back in her bed, pulling the covers over her shoulders, wrapping herself in a huddle, as the Equestrian heroes looked on sadly.

Turning to a nearby dusty mirror, Spike picked it up, and held it up to his face, "Just needs a little spit, that's all," he spits onto the mirror, before rubbing it clean. "Gonna shine it up for ya," Spike then held the reflective object in front of Amalthea, "I can see you! Oh look, isn't she so pretty?" he giggled, trying to cheer her up.

"What? I thought you thought I was pretty, Spikey–Wikey!" Rarity whined, to which Spike completely ignored as he gave the former unicorn a toothy grin.

Spike soon loses his smile, when he saw his effort failed to make the unicorn happy again. He sighs despondently, "You don't remember, so I don't expect you to believe me, but... it's true Amalthea, you are our friend," Spike said. "Though, admittedly, you were kinda socially awkward," Amalthea looked towards Spike with the girls looking somewhat intrigued with what he has to say. "Of course, I don't blame you because you were all alone. You've lived for how long and you don't even remember the last time you talked to another u-uh, another creature? I'd be a little scared and socially impaired if I've ever been lonely for that long."

"Truly?" Amalthea asked. "Was I really like that?" Spike nodded in response.

"Huh, so you're kinda like another Twilight!" Rainbow Dash pointed out. "Now I know why Spike likes you so much, Amalthea."

"Hey, everybody needs a friend for life," Spike shrugged. "Lesson #1 from Twilight, remember?"

"Aw!" the Equestrian girls cooed.

The friends turned their attention back at Amalthea as she looked further intrigued, "So... how did we meet, Spike? How did our paths cross? And why?"

Spike turned to Twilight, who took over, "Well, let's just say we were having trouble with a portal magic," the alicorn-turned-human explained. "And upon arriving, we... we were scattered."

"The girls ended up somewhere else," Spike explained. "And I ended up meeting you. And when we first met, we were both the same. Lost, alone, and unsure of the unknown." Amalthea was further enchanted by the tale, while Twilight walked over and puts a comforting hand across Spike's back. "So back then, we had each other, on an adventure to find our missing friends."

"So that was my quest then?" Amalthea asked. "To help you find your friends? Nothing more then. Then it's over now?"

"Not exactly," Spike replied. "It wasn't just me. It's about finding all our friends and... you have had lots of friends. People who loved you. You just didn't know and... they're all hiding somewhere, around here, waiting for us to come and save them."

"I see..." Amalthea frowned. "But I am still scared, and you are still here, which I assume means we have yet to succeed, correct?" tears fell from the woman's eyes as she begins to recall her nightmare. "But for how much longer? Will I still live, or will I die trying?"

"I... that's an answer nobody can answer," Spike shook his head. "But don't you worry, things will work out," Spike consoled to the lady, drying a tear. "We started this journey together, and that's how we're going to end it," with that, the woman finds herself embraced in a group hug by the little ponies and dragon. To her, it was both strange, yet comforting.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It is rather sad at this point that as a human, The Unicorn a.k.a. Amalthea slowly forgets nearly everything she's been through. The reason her being at the castle, not to mention forgetting some of the group who have travelled beside her, and in this case, her interactions with Spike and his friends. Then it makes me think of how 'different' Equestria Girls would've been if they had used that plot device for the first movie 'initially'. That during Twilight's time in the human world, when she tries to regain her crown by beating a rival unicorn-turned-human at this Formal deal, that she would slowly lose her memories of Equestria, her pony friends, and at one point Spike being a dragon. That there was this magic effect of her 'turning human', not just physically but mentally.

Much like with Amalthea's case and borrowing a bit from that 'Child's Play' spell deal and I quote:

The more time you spend in that body, the more 'human' you'll become.

And to quote a certain psychopath when he said,

You mean I'll have to live out the rest of my life in this body!

Yeah... That would've happened to Twilight Sparkle had they chosen to add that to the plot for that spinoff movie.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The more time you spend in that body, the more 'human' you'll become.

That would make sense in the slightest. But then how would explain Sunset Shimmer and how she still retains most of her knowledge about Equestria, let alone plot out the course of her plan to steal Twilight’s crown and everything.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That... Kind of puts that plot in a bit of a loop. How would Sunset retain any of her memories of her time in Equestria if she had spent a lengthy period of time as a human being? If that plot device were to be added, there would have to be a justifiable means of how Sunset can still remember. Then again, she did have that journal which she used to interact with the Twilight Sparkle of the Pony World, the very journal that she used to use to communicate with Celestia, whom used the journal to probably talk to her about what's happening in Equestria in hopes someday she'll come back to atone after that last dispute. Sunset may not have responded to those messages, but reading about these messages would probably stir some harboring dark pain in her head and thus making her remember the real reason she came to this dimension where humans run amok.

And when she reads the latest note about Twilight's crown, one of the Elements of Harmony that is supposedly powerful, the moment she'd have stepped back into Equestria, her memories would've flooded back and she'd used that magic to not only start an army quickly. So by that time she went back to the human world, she would need to act fast depending on the many days it would take before this 'amnesia' magic took place but not counting on the fact the crown was found by Fluttershy, who took it to the school's version of Celestia & Luna, to have it locked in a case until the event of the dance where it would be used to crown the 'Prom Queen'... I mean 'Fall Princess'. So it's no wonder Sunset would be desperate to prevent Twilight from regaining the crown, taking every chance to ruin the odds of her winning, knowing that unless she gets the crown before the 40 Moons time is up she'll forget again just like Twilight would've eventually...

That's just if there was a way to justify that plot element into the movie. Think of it like in 'Amnesia' when despite the fact Daniel forgot everything after drinking that potion, once he starts reading the series of notes he left behind to understand why he was in that castle and who needed to be stopped, it all comes back to him. So essentially, the notes from that journal that was given to Sunset would be the only way she can regain herself.

cheerful9
Group Admin

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

On that note, if I hadn't have suggested that 'movie' in the first place, I wouldn't have succeeded in stirring that creative mind of yours.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Continuing on with the ending, note again this is a rough draft:

*As the song 'I'm Alive' played in the background, the group of friends had since left Schmendrick and Molly Grue behind. For many days and nights, the Unicorn Amalthea rode off with Spike riding atop her back and all his friends following close behind. Twilight, Rainbow and Fluttershy soared high in the air while Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack trotted beside their Unicorn friend escorting her back home to the forest. From the barren lands formerly of Haggard's doing to the spring fields where trees of white flowers bloomed, they pressed on spotting not a single soul since their farewell to their human friends.*

*Until at last, The Unicorn stopped along the dirt path and Spike hopped off, landing alongside Twilight Sparkle. They looked on toward the entrance of the forest, the first place Spike remembered when he stepped upon this mystical land. A raven flew into the woods, disappearing through the tall trees that paved way into the glen. No one spoke a word as they looked on, but as Spike returned his gaze toward Amalthea her horn glowed as she slowly approached the forest. Up ahead, the entrance appeared to glow brightly. It started with a slow trot and then she quickly galloped into the woods, fading before their eyes.*

*Unable to hold it in, Spike quickly took off after Amalthea, as if overcome by the emotions. Twilight reached to stop Spike, but Applejack and Rarity held her back with the former shaking her head silently. As they looked on, Spike had flown into the forest hoping for one last look at Amalthea. But along the open field, for all its beauty and splendor, not a single trace of her was to be found... as if she disappeared through thin air.*

"Amalthea?!?!" Spike called, looking around. "AMALTHEA!!!"

*But answer there came none. Still, Spike looked around the field searching every place he could think of to find her. Passing a waterfall and climbing hills, even taking into the skies, he searched and searched. The hours dwindled by, as the day eventually turned to a purplish dusk but nowhere could Spike see the beautiful mare who took him in when he was alone. Still, he kept calling her by name, waiting anxiously for her to answer back... waiting for that answer, that would never come.*

*By the time night fell upon this land, as the full moon shined overhead, the ponies slowly walked along the fields to reunite with their dragon friend. When they found him, he was sitting on a hill watching the moon. He wasn't crying, but he wasn't exactly happy either. He just stared solemnly up toward the moon, as if it were a reminder of their Unicorn friend. They slowly gathered around Spike, Twilight sitting silently next to him. They didn't say a word at first, they just looked up at the sky together in complete silence. Eventually, Spike broke the silence...*

"She's gone," Spike concluded, silently.

"It was nothing personal, Spike," Twilight said, placing a hoof on his shoulder. "Now that her work is over, there's nothing more she needed to do."

"Look on the bright side, sugar cube," Applejack suggests. "The unicorns are free, the land will settle down, and Amalthea's where she belongs."

"And she never would've saved her own kind if it wasn't for you, Spikey-Wikey," Rarity added.

"Yeah," Spike smiled, slightly. "I guess you're right."

"For what it's worth," Rainbow stepped in. "I think you're the most awesome dragon she's ever met."

Spike turned to Rainbow, and gave a small smile to the Pegasus mare.

"Thank you, Rainbow Dash," Spike spoke softly. "That means a lot, hearing it from you."

Rainbow returned the smile toward her friend, and they give a hoof bump out of respect. Just then a bright light started to glow, as they turned around. Sure enough, the portal back to Equestria had finally opened symbolizing that their work in this land is over at last.

"Looks like it's time for us to go home now," Fluttershy concluded.

"Race you to the castle girls!" Pinkie cried, rushing toward the portal.

"Not if I get there first!" Rainbow shouts, racing after her.

The two friends laughed as they entered through the portal. One by one, the remaining ponies stepped through the portal toward Twilight's castle. Twilight was just about to step in when she pauses midway and turns around. She sees Spike taking one more look around the field.

"Are you coming, Spike?" Twilight asked.

"You go on ahead, Twi," Spike ushered. "I just want to take one last look at the place; I'll catch up later."

Twilight nodded understandingly, as she turned back and marches into the portal. Spike was mere steps away from entering, when he turned back toward the land one more time. Sure enough, the field was just as empty as when he made it back here barely any sounds of the animals could be heard. And yet... Spike couldn't shake the feeling that somewhere beyond the trees, among the hills, a single trace of the Unicorn could be felt. As if somewhere past his field of vision, she was still watching him even when he couldn't see her. Taking a deep breath, Spike smiled as he looked over the horizon.

"Goodbye Amalthea, wherever you are."

At last satisfied and accepting the circumstance, Spike entered through the portal as it disappeared in a blink of an eye. All was quiet once more in the woods, as the crickets chirped along the fields, the home of the divine beauty formerly known... As 'The Last Unicorn'.

Rarity, you're not getting upset now, are you? Spike is trying to cheer Amalthea up.

This brought tears to my eyes.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Right in the nostalgia. You've captured the emotions perfectly.

Yeah, that's what I was most sad about. It wasn't the whole "never marrying the prince and lived happily ever after" kind of sadness, it was the way the credit played by showing all those locations of the unicorn's forest, but with no animals or the unicorn herself, as to imply she "disappeared" into thin air.

I think its the film's way of capturing the beauty of the unicorn's well-deserved relief and freedom. And it's nice of you to not ruin that by having the unicorn appear again, even after Spike called out for her.

"Goodbye Amalthea, wherever you are."

At last satisfied and accepting the circumstance, Spike enters through the portal as it disappears in a blink of an eye. All is quiet once more in the woods, as the crickets chirp along the fields, the home of the divine beauty formerly known... As the Last Unicorn.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I felt it would be too cliché to have one last appearance of The Unicorn because I understood why the movie chose to end the way it did. With her duty fulfilled and the unicorns free to roam the Earth thanks to the fall of the Red Bull, there is no need for her to reappear after she vanishes into the wood. I wanted Spike to feel he's not ready to say goodbye because even though the time with the Unicorn wouldn't seem so long by a movie's length, they've kind of grown used to their accompany as if he suddenly made a new best friend. Even though it took hours for him to figure it out, Amalthea was truly gone, free to live her days in the woods as she did before. And besides, if Spike really cared for Amalthea, he'd let her go... Which is the most mature thing for him to do and accept it.

For what it was worth, the fact that she would allow Spike a ride after he was denied that first time, at least for this rendition if done, that alone is a rewarding experience thus proving how much their friendship meant. Considering everything Spike did for her, it was only fair he got something in return.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There is another reason why I wrote the ending as I did, whether the story ends 'here' or back at Twilight's castle like I'm sure most of the stories will. If the Unicorn 'were' to appear before Spike again, chances are he may never want to go back to Equestria. Now, Spike will always be Twilight's number one assistant/brother/best friend, I'm not saying Amalthea is a replacement. But if Spike 'were' to stay in this land, it wouldn't be so much to explore more of the landscape or rescuing damsels from fierce beasts or finding lost treasures... He'd only stay because of Amalthea and that would make her seem selfish for keeping him around. She couldn't do that for him, even if it possibly hurts to ignore his cries and pleas for one final hurrah. In a way, it be like letting Spike remember that this is the way it has to be and he must accept they come from two different worlds.

That Spike belongs in Equestria, where he is beloved by many ponies, as Amalthea belongs in the forest, even if she spends the rest of her lonely days in contempt knowing that all the animals she watches over will be safe and the forest can have springtime... Forever. But so long as that magic still remains, the Unicorn will always be there... Even if Spike will 'never' see or talk to her ever again.

cheerful9
Group Admin

Maybe. If Fluttershy was one of them, she would be upset with how Mommy Fortuna has all the animals locked up in cages.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh for sure, she would be upset. Especially when she discovers that all those mythological beasts are really just illusions, hiding the fact that they are really just health-stricken, injured animals bound and caged against their own will. Though whether Fluttershy can see through those illusions remains unknown at this present time. It depends on if either she's also in one of the cages, amongst any of her other friends, or if she happened to be passing by... Waiting till nightfall when it's 'slightly' safer. That all the more depends on how that scene takes place.

That I can understand.

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Jan 23rd, 2020
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Got to give credit to Spike, he's not satisfied until someone is happy especially a pony. Now, this is not the first time Rarity has shown jealousy when Spike was with another girl. If we all remember the 'Gabby the Griffin' ordeal, that one was a doozy last season. Course, this didn't work when Mushu tried to cheer up Mulan, but at least we got to give Spike credit for trying.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

A revamp and an extension of my earlier quote suggestion for the Last Unicorn, where Spike meets the Unicorn for the first time.

Revamp of the first meeting

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... Yes, I like it. It's a big improvement. Definitely symbolizes that fact that this story would be quintessentially a 'Spike Story'. Let's say, if this were the second chapter and the opening chapter begins with a typical day for Spike and his friends, I wonder how that would start off before the T.V. teleports them to this otherwise unnamed mythical land. At least, I don't think the place has a name.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Taking a break from the Last Unicorn...for now, and focus on Pinkie's favorite, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

The Candy Man Can

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it in dew
Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two?
The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

Who can take a rainbow
Wrap it is a sigh
Soak it in the sun and make a strawberry lemon pie?
The candyman?
The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
Willy Wonka makes
Everything he bakes
Satisfying and delicious
Talk about your childhood wishes
You can even eat the dishes
Who can take tomorrow dip it in a dream
Separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?
The candyman (Willy Wonka can)
The candyman
The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
And the world tastes good 'cause the candyman thinks it should

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm we definitely need to find some helpful quotes for this one... I may have a means that can help:

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory MovieClips Playlist

These are among the Top 10 notable scenes in the movie (At least in their opinion). But I think we can work with this material.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
"Nobody goes in. Nobody ever comes out."

Both Pinkie Pie and Charlie were walking down the street, when they were passing the gates of the legendary chocolate factory of Willy Wonka.

The two stopped in their tracks as they looked at the neon sign of the factory flashing the name Wonka on the sides of a chimney. Pinkie could only sniff the air in delight, "Mmmmm, something smells good!" she moaned in delight. "What do you think Mr. Wonka's cooking up this time?"

"I don't know," Charlie answered. "Just imagine all the sweets he could be making at this moment."

Suddenly, the two were both startled by the voice of an old man, "Up the airy mountain... down the rushing glen." the two friends turned their attention to see a man, standing by a cart. "We dare not go a-hunting... for fear of little men. You see... nobody ever goes in..." he pointed at the factory. "...nobody ever comes out."

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Porky: “First they told me to lose the stutter. Now they told me I’m not funny... it’s a pain being p-p-p-p-politically correct.”

Speedy: “You’re telling me.”

Shaggy (Classic): “What kind of a performance do you call that? You made me sound like a total space cadet man!”
Shaggy (Modern): “I’m sorry you feel that way. I was really trying to get into your character.”
Shaggy (Classic): “If you like goof on me I. The next sequel, Ha-Ha, I’m coming after you!”
Scooby-Doo: “Reah, and I’ll rive you a Scooby Snack!”

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 4,119