Post-Finale Discord Support Group 12 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Is there anyone besides me who was actually happy with Grogar turning out to be Discord in disguise in the series's ninth season?

I'm asking this because there's something I'd like to confess:

Before it was revealed that Discord was posing as Grogar the whole time, I was less than enthused by Grogar making an appearance. It was mainly because-like Scootaloo's aunts and parents-the character felt too last minute. He didn't at all feel like a necessary character to incorporate either, and as the season progressed and more focus was put on Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow, he started to become...worthless to me. From a storytelling point of view, it hardly seemed like he had much of an important or necessary role to play in the long run other than to just...well, be there.

Grogar turning out to be Discord was something that I thought was a great remedy for the situation, especially since the main antagonists were clearly going to be Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow rather than someone who had little to no connection with the Main Six at all.

I also can't help but hope that Grogar doesn't appear in the comics that are coming out, because I see a lot more potential for him to be a recurring villain of an MLP sequel spin-off or reboot than an antagonist of FiM. That, and if he does appear, I would like for him to appear on the screen and played by a vocal performer rather than the other way around.

I hope no one hates me for thinking this, really.

I was a little disappointed, but only because I’m fond of the Overgoat. Also kinda disappointing that Discord got played that easily.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2