The Alterverse 11 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Lord King Cocoon
Group Admin

This thread will be for anyone who wishes to share ideas for episodes/story concepts. They can be just about anything, to sharing ideas you yourself have in mind and want to share, sharing ideas you want to be seen done by someone else, and just generally episode ideas you have that you're not sure when you'll get around to it or where it places in the Alternaverse canon.

To avoid confusion, make sure to label the ideas accurately:
If you have an idea that you know when to place it, but just want to share, label it as "Planned".
If you have a future idea that you have yet to choose when to place it or when to get around to it, list as "Unsure When".
If you an idea that you would like seen done, but don't intend on making it yourself, label it as "Suggestion".
If you have an idea that you would like to collaborate on, label it as "Collaboration".

If you don't have a name for a story, that's fine. You don't need to list a name, but would be helpful. And keep in mind that any and all titles will be considered subject to change. And keep in mind that if you see something on the list that you would like to do, but it's not in the Suggestion grouping, you are willing to ask the author who intends to make it if you can do it yourself. Keep in mind that if they say no, you have to accept that answer. This also applies if you want to collaborate on a story not labeled as Collaborations.

Planned:
Boast Buddies by King Cocoon: (Season 1, Summer) (Currently in production) The name should say it all. This will be this universe's version of Boast Busters. Though it will have similarities, it will also have a few differences. The premise is that Twilight will come into town (no surprise there) carrying a cart similar to Trixie's in the show, except that it's more like a mobile library (no surprise there either). The first difference is that this will involve both Trixie and Twilight to boast about their abilities, creating a bit of a rivalry between them. Trixie the "entertainer", and Twilight the "educator". Basically, Twilight heckles Trixie for her shows not having any educational value, and Trixie heckles Twilight for her readings don't have any flair. This will be primarily addressed in a song (a parody of Magic, but turned into a duel musical number between Trixie and Twilight). As Twilight and Trixie keep trying to one-up each other, the Ursa Minor attacks. The primary difference here is that it's the daytime instead of nighttime. In other words, neither Twilight or Trixie is responsible for bringing the Ursa Minor into town. They have to put their differences aside and work together to deal with the Ursa Minor. In the end, Twilight learns that Trixie's entertainment does require skill that has to be researched, and Trixie learns that Twilight is able to make knowledge entertaining. They end on good terms (unlike most other versions of Boast Busters). But they still have a bit of a friendly rivalry just for fun.
WARNING! The next bit of info a spoiler for foreshadowing (even though it's foreshadowing what I'm sure readers will already know will happen. Okay, it's more of a teaser than a spoiler. But it's foreshadowing nonetheless. So if you don't want anything spoiled, don't read past this point. The story will end with Trixie and Twilight saying their goodbyes. Twilight however found the Ursa attack as odd. For starters, Ursas are nocturnal, so the fact that it attacked during the day is strange. And then there's the fact that Ursas normally avoid populated areas without provocation, which is why they usually aren't a threat. So it's odd that it attacked Ponyville during the day, theorizing that something, or someone must've provoked it.

Nightmare Night by King Cocoon: (Season 1, Autumn) Okay, the title is just a copy and paste of the episode it's based off of. It may be changed later. But the story itself is somewhat different. Since Nightmare Moon didn't happen in this universe, she can't be used as the origin of Nightmare Night. I have yet to think of a story for it, and may even consider this listed as a suggestion rather than planned. But my general idea is that the origin of Nightmare Night, in this universe, is more based on the origin of Halloween. Equestria had its own "Day of the Dead" celebration, which evolved over time to what it is now. I'm not including spoilers because I don't have enough planned out to actually spoil anything. If anyone is interested in taking the reins for this story (pun only partially intended), feel free to ask. But I would prefer it to be Season 1 (though I suppose the history of the holiday could be held off for a later season. In any case, I would love it if Maud was dressed as a stone shaped as a star, and when asked about it, she says she's a "rockstar", resulting in Surprise (and potentially Vinyl) to crack up. And the funniest thing is that Maud's seriousness would make it so you can't tell if that was supposed to be a joke or not. Perhaps the history of the holiday can be told by Twilight, who has come to visit again. That would be something she'd do.

Daybreaker's Midnight Sun by King Cocoon: This will be the Season 1 finale. Even though The Best Night Ever can be forgiven for its lack of epicness, seeing as it was made before the show was taken as seriously as it is, it still leaves something to be desire. So in my universe, Daybreaker's return is the Season 1 finale rather than the premier, combining it with this universe's version of the Grand Galloping Gala (the Winter Moon Gala during the Winter Solstice). Despite the option to use spoiler tags, I'd prefer not to give that much away too soon. At least not publicly. But I will point out that Daybreaker's return is foreshadowed in Boast Buddies. I'm willing to offer details to anyone who asks if they want to make a story that also includes foreshadowing to Daybreaker's return.

Unsure When:
Curse of the Alicorn Amulet (movie) by King Cocoon: I'm basically planning one the Alternaverse version of Magic Duel into a movie. Normally, I wouldn't make it bigger than a normal episode. But the more I thought about it, the bigger it became, to the point where I had to make it a movie. I intend to go into detail about the lore of the Alicorn Amulet's origin. The premise is basically that Twilight (which in this universe version of Boast Busters, Trixie and Twilight end on good terms) finds the alicorn amulet and brings it to Trixie to show it to her. Trixie, who in this universe has an affinity for magical trinkets, is obviously fascinated by it. As Trixie studies the item (which contains an artificial form of ambient magic), she hears a voice in her head that tempts her to put the amulet on. Things generally happen as expected, though Twilight is the one who challenges Trixie. After Twilight loses, she goes to do her own research. However, a instead of just becoming drunk with power, Trixie will in fact become more and more corrupted as time goes on (which is different because in the show, the amulet more or less just amplified her personality). The corruption also result in physical changes. As Twilight does her research, she learns not only about its power, but also that it was originally created to be an alternate Element of Magic, created by someone who didn't realize how the Elements of Harmony were originally created. This may lead to a future story that reveals alternate Elements of Harmony (the tome from Inspiration Manifestation being one of them). The corruption came from the attempt to create artificial ambient magic. The solution will generally be the same. But with Twilight not having the same connections with others that she does in the show, it'll be made into more of an adventure. And as a final spoiler, Dinky will end up getting seriously hurt. She'll recover okay, but her injuries will last a little while. I don't hate Dinky in any way (if you claim you do, I'm calling you out on blatantly lying). Though I don't plan on collaborating, I'm not closed off to the idea. Collaborating may help me delagate different parts of the story after all. I'm thinking of this as being a transition between Seasons 2 and 3, but I'm not sure. I may even consider making it the Season 2 finale.

Age Gap by King Cocoon: This is a simple premise. Basically, while Trixie is teaching Dinky magic, a magical mishap occurs and Trixie and Dinky swap ages. It's basically a variation of the body swap trope, without using that cliche. It'll be a cute little story, making Dinky having to deal with being a grown up, and Trixie having to relive her foalhood. And I intend on giving Trixie a foalhood speech impediment. It's nothing special, just replacing Rs and Ls with Ws. But imagine how cute seeing when the Gweat and Powewfuw Twwwixie stwuggwing with hew ahws and ehws. I don't know when I plan on making this story. I can only confirm that it'll take place after Season 1

Suggestions:
The Terror That Gallops In the Night (suggested by Comickook): Basically this universe's version of "the Mysterious Mare Do Well" Though, instead of this being the result of somebody trying to provide a humility lesson, this could be the result of Trixie taking a rather nasty shock during a particularly rough battle and getting slightly brain-fried. Because of the brain-fried state, Trixie thinks she is her favorite comic book heroine, the Mare Do Well (pretty much a full-on Darkwing Duck Expy in this universe, complete with a Launchpad Expy [whom Trixie/Mare Do Well mistakes Ditzy for] and a Gosalyn Expy [who Trixie/Mare Do Well thinks Dinky is]). The main villain in this universe is Crossed Wires, a yellow unicorn stallion with an electric blue mane and tail as well as a red helmet and battery cutie mark. He is extremely talented with machines and has rather powerful electricity-based magic, but he is also completely insane (so, yeah, Megavolt Expy). He has had a grudge against Trixie ever since she beat him out as Luna's personal student. This would be either late season-one or early season-two.

This Equals Trouble (suggested by Comickook): Through sheer half-bad luck, Trixie and the author's choice of any one or two of the other bearers (while the others are unavoidably busy on other business) stumble on to a small town where ALL the ponies have "equal sign" Cutie Marks and end up matching wits with co-leaders Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst (who, Trixie notes, are so affectionate toward each other that they make Lyra and Bon Bon look like arch-enemies). In other words, basically this universe's answer to "the Cutie Map", but without the actual map. Plus, in THIS universe, Starlight DID get her Cutie Mark at the same time as Sunburst and they BOTH went to Luna's school for a while, but got kicked out because Sunburst, despite his intellectual brilliance, couldn't keep up with the practical end of the magic school and Starlight, for all of her power, was FAR too protective of Sunburst (basically using her magic to deal out karma to Sunburst's bullies and doing that WAY too often). Starlight developed her equality obsession because of her disgust at those bullies harassing Sunburst for being magically weaker than them. The duo, working together, came up with a spell that would allow everybody to SHARE their talents with willing others (Sunburst came up with the idea and found all the required ingredients, Starlight provided the power to make it possible), meaning that, instead of everybody in "Our Town" giving up their special talents, they ALL wield ALL the talents of everybody else in the town equally. Meaning, the featured heroes have to not only take on one of the very few ponies who is just as powerful as Twilight AND one of the few ponies who is EVEN SMARTER than her, but an entire town of frighteningly powerful and fanatically loyal followers.

A Bug In the Wedding Plans (suggested by Comickook): This is basically THIS universe's version of "A Canterlot Wedding", except that it happens a few months sooner than in canon and Thorax is the groom instead of Shining Armor. In this universe, Thorax left Chrysalis's hive two decades sooner than in canon and met Cadance shortly after she ascended. The two developed a friendship that gradually grew stronger over a period of years until, by the time the two made it to high school, they were romantically serious with each other. From Cadance's love, Thorax gradually grew stronger (not just from earning and sharing love with the Alicorn of Love, but also in the sense of developing a backbone without losing the niceness) and it reached the point where he and Cadance overthrew Chrysalis about three years before Celestia's return. Thus, this wedding is pretty much just solidifying the alliance between ponies and Changelings. Trixie and her friends find out about the wedding a couple of months before it happens and are in charge of security (since, by that point, the gang has already faced and defeated Celestia as well as several other lesser, but still major, villains, so they can more than handle most of the ones that would love to make trouble at the wedding). Chrysalis is still the main villain here, but she is operating as a lone wolf and is motivated by revenge on Thorax and Cadance. Chrysalis basically uses stealth tactics and judicious shape-shifting to stir up chaos between the wedding security team.

Untitled/Final Season Concept (suggested by Comickook): Grogar (who is very much real in this universe instead of being Discord in disguise) ends up gathering up every non-reformed villain in this universe (not just the major ones but also the lower-tier Dumb Muscle villains that are strong enough to be useful, but JUST stupid enough to stay loyal AND the ones that basically serve as, for all intents and purposes, Evil Counterparts to Trixie and each of her group of friends). Of course, the major villains are too egotistical to easily follow orders and are too paranoid to trust each other enough to work together, but Grogar spends more than a year training them to overcome these issues while the Dumb Muscle villains handle the bulk of the dirty work (with each of the Evil Counterpart villains taking turns as field leader). It should be noted however that Luna is NOT planning to retire at this point (though she IS trying to make preparations so that, if the worst happens to her, Equestria will still be in good hooves). Still haven't thought of enough to make this work, but anybody who DOES like the ideas enough to tackle them and CAN think of enough ideas to make them work is more than welcome to.

Sickness and Reunion by King Cocoon: This is two episodes acting as a single arc for Trixie's past. Part 1, Sickness, is generally about Scootaloo starting to feel sick, with headaches, achy muscles, exhaustions, and other symptoms. It gets to the point where one day, Scootaloo just passes out. She's taken to the hospital. The doctors are confused about what's happening, since they've never seen this before... at least not in pegasi. Trixie, who check on her and hears the symptoms has a haunted look on her face. She recognizes the condition as Macro Arcanum (or an overproduction of magic). This confuses the doctors because it's a condition exclusive to unicorns. But Trixie's experience with the condition makes her desperate to find a cure. She says to herself how she can't go through this again (foreshadowing). Trixie refuses to listen to the doctors when they say that it's not Macro Arcanum, since it's a condition that affects only arcane magic, which only unicorns have. But she's not thinking rationally. Eventually this will lead to Trixie running away from Ponyville, unable to handle witnessing another pony being taken by that condition. Ditzy will end up following, leading into the second episode, Reunion. Trixie's already leaving on the train when Ditzy reveals herself to her. Trixie is opposed to someone following, since the reason for her leaving wasn't only because of Scootaloo, but because of the upcoming family reunion. The annual reunion is the anniversary of when Trixie got her cutie mark, when she was accepted as Princess Luna's protege, and her mother's death (not all in the same year though, but Trixie getting her cutie mark on that day isn't something she'd prefer to remember). This story will have a back and forth narrative between the present day and the past. The reunion is between Trixie, her father (Jackpot), her grandmother (Bella Lulamoon, AKA Bellatrix Lulamoon V), and Luna. They get together to mourn Spectacle's death (Trixie's mother, AKA Bellatrix Lulamoon VI, and yes, that means that Trixie's full name is Bellatrix Lulamoon VII (it's a family name that will be revealed in the Season 1 finale)), celebrate Trixie's birthday (if you can call that celebrating) and Luna's accepting her, reunite in general with family, and tell stories (something that was added when Luna joined the anniversary, to inform Luna on what the missing member of the family was like and their experiences. Generally, they spend a week a year so that they have time to catch up. One of the things that they do is Trixie and Jackpot have a magic duel, a way to let Trixie vent her emotions (which originally began as Jackpot putting on a magic show to try to cheer her up). This year however, the duel becomes more heated because of recent events with Scootaloo. I comes down to Luna having to stop the duel when it becomes too dangerous. There's not much else that I have planned (and I'd like to avoid adding too much more to the black wall of text. I will say that it has a happy ending and Scootaloo didn't actually have Macro Arcanum (since it is exclusive to unicorns). But what she was going through, I'll leave you wondering (which I may add as a part three to show Scootaloo's side of things). The general intent of this story is to show that Trixie has a good relationship with her family, a response to how many AUs have her in a more dysfunctional family (which was once pointed out by https://www.fimfiction.net/user/221859/Legendbringer in one of his YouTube readings (specifically in the Manehattenverse... I think).

Road To Marerocco (suggested by Comickook: (pretty much a gender-flipped homage to the Bob Hope and Bing Crosby "Road" pictures with Trixie and Twilight in the respective roles of Hope and Crosby and Flash Sentry in a more badflank version of the Dorothy Lamour role). Trixie is heading to Saddle Arabia for a diplomatic mission with Twilight planning on going so she can study the culture. The two find out and agree to travel together to make the trip more enjoyable. Also along on the trip is a guard named Flash Sentry whom Luna assigned to assist Trixie on this mission (as all of her friends are already busy on other jobs) Once in Saddle Arabia, the trio have to help out against an evil chancellor looking for a helmet that grants him the power to control minds as well as greatly amplify the strength and durability of anybody under his control (this would basically be an Evil Counterpart to the Element of Loyalty). Admittedly, I haven't thought of a name for the villain yet, but anybody who likes the idea enough to tackle it could probably think of something. This would be either late-season two or early-season three

Waiting For The Other Horseshoes to Drop (suggested by Comickook): As with the previous suggestion, this would be either late-season two or early-season three By sheer chance, Spoiled Rich uncovers a set of magic golden horseshoes her husband Filthy picked up at an auction. These horseshoes grant her the powers to read minds and see the future as well as the strength and durability of 100 world class athletes and the power to mentally manipulate the element of Earth to the point of being able to create localized earthquakes, fling boulders with her mind and mentally shape large amounts of rock and dirt into good-sized shields. At first, she just uses the mind reading and future-seeing powers to help her husband's business in order to make him (and her) even richer (i.e. by knowing when something majorly good is coming so Filthy can capitalize, knowing when something really bad is coming so Filthy can avoid it and also knowing when a potential business partner or rival is lying to them), but she slowly gets corrupted (well, more than she already was) by all this knowledge and power (so, yeah, these four golden horseshoes together serve as an Evil Counterpart to the Element of Honesty). The Element Bearers try to stop her once she starts getting into "take over the world" mode, but those golden horseshoes allow Spoiled to literally know the heroes' every move before they themselves do, which give her the tactical advantage, and the strength, durability and Earth manipulation to give the group one heck of a fight even without the aforementioned mind-reading and future-seeing.

Dragon Brawl XYZ (suggested by Comickook): (This would be mid-to-late-season two) Twilight finds out about the Great Dragon Migration and looks to study it. She invites the Element Bearers in order to watch it with her (figuring it could be both entertaining AND educational). Things go well at first, until the seven come across a young dragon getting bullied by larger young dragons and a few of the Element Bearers jump in to help out the dragon getting bullied. It turns out that the dragon getting bullied is THIS universe's Spike, whom Luna had returned to the Dragon Lands immediately after he hatched. The leader of the ones bullying him was named Garble, who happened to be the older brother of a female dragon named Smolder that Garble, with his over-protective big brother instincts going on high, thought Spike was getting just slightly too close to. After spending some time getting to know each other through an equal mix of comic misadventures and action-packed close calls (plus the ponies getting to learn a bit more about dragon culture and Spike learning a few self-defense tricks that he can use to improve his chances against Garble and his goons), Spike, the Element Bearers and Twilight part on pretty good terms (with Spike and Twilight keeping in touch through semi-regular letters).

Sunset Over Ponyville and Canterlot (suggested by Comickook): This is one for the Season Three finale. Sunset Shimmer, Luna's personal student before Trixie returns after a more than decade long exile. Having spent more than two years of hunting, Sunset now has the Alicorn Amulet, the tome from Inspiration Manifestation, the mind control helmet from "Road To Marerocco" AND the set of golden horseshoes from "Waiting For The Other Horseshoes To Drop", meaning that she has darker counterparts to FOUR of the Elements of Harmony boosting her already formidable power to levels so high that it takes the best combined efforts of EVERY good-aligned pony in Ponyville, Canterlot AND the Crystal Empire (as well as a few of the more pragmatic villains willing to form a temporary alliance with the heroes) to stand ANY chance against her AT ALL.

Masking For It (suggested by Comickook): (this is for early-to-mid Season Three) No thoughts about the wearer, but I was thinking of an ancient magic mask that could grant the wearer the ability to do absolutely anything as long as it is meant to be funny at the time it happens (kind of like Pinkie Pie or Cheese Sandwich, but at a higher level than BOTH of them COMBINED). Unfortunately (and predictably), this power comes at the cost of the wearer's sanity. It was actually originally intended to make a single soldier powerful enough to fight Discord on equal hoofing, but it naturally got corrupted beyond its initial purpose. So, yeah, this is the Evil Counterpart to the Element of Laughter.

Looking To Get Crowned (suggested by Comickook): (mid-Season Three) A magic crown is found that can grant the one who wears it powerful healing magic as well as a potent telepathic link with plants and animals. The downside is that the crown drains the life force AND soul of the wearer so the longer the crown is worn and the more the power is used (no matter how noble the intent), the more drained and corrupted the wearer gets. So, yeah, this is the Evil Counterpart to the Element of Kindness.

Collaborations:

Yeah. Thanks very much for sharing this. Both of these ideas sound intriguing. Especially with the set-up of Evil Counterparts to the Elements of Harmony (the Elements themselves, NOT the bearers). One of them could be a golden horse shoe that grants the power to read minds (a G1 Mythology Gag, but also doubles as a dark reflection of the Element of Honesty).

Nothing I plan to do myself, but I DO have two possible suggestions:

The Terror That Gallops In the Night: Basically this universe's version of "the Mysterious Mare Do Well" Though, instead of this being the result of somebody trying to provide a humility lesson, this could be the result of Trixie taking a rather nasty shock during a particularly rough battle and getting slightly brain-fried. Because of the brain-fried state, Trixie thinks she is her favorite comic book heroine, the Mare Do Well (pretty much a full-on Darkwing Duck Expy in this universe, complete with a Launchpad Expy [whom Trixie/Mare Do Well mistakes Ditzy for] and a Gosalyn Expy [who Trixie/Mare Do Well thinks Dinky is]). The main villain in this universe is Crossed Wires, a yellow unicorn stallion with an electric blue mane and tail as well as a red helmet and battery cutie mark. He is extremely talented with machines and has rather powerful electricity-based magic, but he is also completely insane (so, yeah, Megavolt Expy). He has had a grudge against Trixie ever since she beat him out as Luna's personal student. This would be either late season-one or early season-two.

This second suggestion would be for MUCH later in the series (either late season four or early season five).

"This Equals Trouble": Through sheer half-bad luck, Trixie and the author's choice of any one or two of the other bearers (while the others are unavoidably busy on other business) stumble on to a small town where ALL the ponies have "equal sign" Cutie Marks and end up matching wits with co-leaders Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst (who, Trixie notes, are so affectionate toward each other that they make Lyra and Bon Bon look like arch-enemies). In other words, basically this universe's answer to "the Cutie Map", but without the actual map. Plus, in THIS universe, Starlight DID get her Cutie Mark at the same time as Sunburst and they BOTH went to Luna's school for a while, but got kicked out because Sunburst, despite his intellectual brilliance, couldn't keep up with the practical end of the magic school and Starlight, for all of her power, was FAR too protective of Sunburst (basically using her magic to deal out karma to Sunburst's bullies and doing that WAY too often). Starlight developed her equality obsession because of her disgust at those bullies harassing Sunburst for being magically weaker than them. The duo, working together, came up with a spell that would allow everybody to SHARE their talents with willing others (Sunburst came up with the idea and found all the required ingredients, Starlight provided the power to make it possible), meaning that, instead of everybody in "Our Town" giving up their special talents, they ALL wield ALL the talents of everybody else in the town equally. Meaning, the featured heroes have to not only take on one of the very few ponies who is just as powerful as Twilight AND one of the few ponies who is EVEN SMARTER than her, but an entire town of frighteningly powerful and fanatically loyal followers.

Again, I can't think of enough to make either one of these fully work, but anybody who likes the ideas enough can tackle one or both of them.

Lord King Cocoon
Group Admin

I love them both. They are both amusing twists on existing episodes. Though my plans for Starlight and Sunburst would've been significantly different, I have yet to actually make significant plans. And I can't deny that I love your twist on the Equal Marks. The Mare Do Well idea could start off with Trixie taking Ditzy and Dinky to a ComicCon (or at least this universe's version). Trixie would even cosplay as the Mare Do Well, which can essentially be what results in how the mix-up in her brain happens.

Excellent idea. Thanks very much for sharing that. I'll let you know when I have further suggestions.

Actually, I DO have a suggestion for a mid-season two episode:

"A Bug In the Wedding Plans": This is basically THIS universe's version of "A Canterlot Wedding", except that it happens a few months sooner than in canon and Thorax is the groom instead of Shining Armor. In this universe, Thorax left Chrysalis's hive two decades sooner than in canon and met Cadance shortly after she ascended. The two developed a friendship that gradually grew stronger over a period of years until, by the time the two made it to high school, they were romantically serious with each other. From Cadance's love, Thorax gradually grew stronger (not just from earning and sharing love with the Alicorn of Love, but also in the sense of developing a backbone without losing the niceness) and it reached the point where he and Cadance overthrew Chrysalis about three years before Celestia's return. Thus, this wedding is pretty much just solidifying the alliance between ponies and Changelings. Trixie and her friends find out about the wedding a couple of months before it happens and are in charge of security (since, by that point, the gang has already faced and defeated Celestia as well as several other lesser, but still major, villains, so they can more than handle most of the ones that would love to make trouble at the wedding). Chrysalis is still the main villain here, but she is operating as a lone wolf and is motivated by revenge on Thorax and Cadance. Chrysalis basically uses stealth tactics and judicious shape-shifting to stir up chaos between the wedding security team.

Now that I think about it, I DO have a pretty loose one for the final season now that I think about it (maybe not episode title ideas, but for most of the final season in general):

Grogar (who is very much real in this universe instead of being Discord in disguise) ends up gathering up every non-reformed villain in this universe (not just the major ones but also the lower-tier Dumb Muscle villains that are strong enough to be useful, but JUST stupid enough to stay loyal AND the ones that basically serve as, for all intents and purposes, Evil Counterparts to Trixie and each of her group of friends). Of course, the major villains are too egotistical to easily follow orders and are too paranoid to trust each other enough to work together, but Grogar spends more than a year training them to overcome these issues while the Dumb Muscle villains handle the bulk of the dirty work (with each of the Evil Counterpart villains taking turns as field leader). It should be noted however that Luna is NOT planning to retire at this point (though she IS trying to make preparations so that, if the worst happens to her, Equestria will still be in good hooves). Still haven't thought of enough to make this work, but anybody who DOES like the ideas enough to tackle them and CAN think of enough ideas to make them work is more than welcome to.

Lord King Cocoon
Group Admin

I already have plans for how to introduce Chrysalis. But the idea I have can easily be combined with yours. Basically, I had the idea of a new candy shop opening up, and it becomes a big hit. My original idea was for it to be in Ponyville and act as a rival sweets shop. But that can be shifted to Canterlot and make it where the cake was made. The candy shop is run by Chrysalis in disguise, and the candies are made with changeling wax and are highly addictive and used to manipulate whoever eats the candies.

As for your idea for Grogar, though I don't specifically have plans how how to end the series, I don't know if I'd use Grogar. Partly because we don't know if the Grogar in the show is still around or not. And since anything about Grogar would've happened before this universe diverges from the show, anything before Celestia becoming Daybreaker would be the same.

Yeah. That's more than fair enough. Thanks very much.

Lord King Cocoon
Group Admin

Boast Buddies by King Cocoon: (Season 1, Summer) (Currently in production) The name should say it all. This will be this universe's version of Boast Busters. Though it will have similarities, it will also have a few differences. The premise is that Twilight will come into town (no surprise there) carrying a cart similar to Trixie's in the show, except that it's more like a mobile library (no surprise there either). The first difference is that this will involve both Trixie and Twilight to boast about their abilities, creating a bit of a rivalry between them. Trixie the "entertainer", and Twilight the "educator". Basically, Twilight heckles Trixie for her shows not having any educational value, and Trixie heckles Twilight for her readings don't have any flair. This will be primarily addressed in a song (a parody of Magic, but turned into a duel musical number between Trixie and Twilight). As Twilight and Trixie keep trying to one-up each other, the Ursa Minor attacks. The primary difference here is that it's the daytime instead of nighttime. In other words, neither Twilight or Trixie is responsible for bringing the Ursa Minor into town. They have to put their differences aside and work together to deal with the Ursa Minor. In the end, Twilight learns that Trixie's entertainment does require skill that has to be researched, and Trixie learns that Twilight is able to make knowledge entertaining. They end on good terms (unlike most other versions of Boast Busters). But they still have a bit of a friendly rivalry just for fun.
WARNING! The next bit of info a spoiler for foreshadowing (even though it's foreshadowing what I'm sure readers will already know will happen. Okay, it's more of a teaser than a spoiler. But it's foreshadowing nonetheless. So if you don't want anything spoiled, don't read past this point. The story will end with Trixie and Twilight saying their goodbyes. Twilight however found the Ursa attack as odd. For starters, Ursas are nocturnal, so the fact that it attacked during the day is strange. And then there's the fact that Ursas normally avoid populated areas without provocation, which is why they usually aren't a threat. So it's odd that it attacked Ponyville during the day, theorizing that something, or someone must've provoked it.

Nightmare Night by King Cocoon: (Season 1, Autumn) Okay, the title is just a copy and paste of the episode it's based off of. It may be changed later. But the story itself is somewhat different. Since Nightmare Moon didn't happen in this universe, she can't be used as the origin of Nightmare Night. I have yet to think of a story for it, and may even consider this listed as a suggestion rather than planned. But my general idea is that the origin of Nightmare Night, in this universe, is more based on the origin of Halloween. Equestria had its own "Day of the Dead" celebration, which evolved over time to what it is now. I'm not including spoilers because I don't have enough planned out to actually spoil anything. If anyone is interested in taking the reins for this story (pun only partially intended), feel free to ask. But I would prefer it to be Season 1 (though I suppose the history of the holiday could be held off for a later season. In any case, I would love it if Maud was dressed as a stone shaped as a star, and when asked about it, she says she's a "rockstar", resulting in Surprise (and potentially Vinyl) to crack up. And the funniest thing is that Maud's seriousness would make it so you can't tell if that was supposed to be a joke or not. Perhaps the history of the holiday can be told by Twilight, who has come to visit again. That would be something she'd do.

Daybreaker's Midnight Sun by King Cocoon: This will be the Season 1 finale. Even though The Best Night Ever can be forgiven for its lack of epicness, seeing as it was made before the show was taken as seriously as it is, it still leaves something to be desire. So in my universe, Daybreaker's return is the Season 1 finale rather than the premier, combining it with this universe's version of the Grand Galloping Gala (the Winter Moon Gala during the Winter Solstice). Despite the option to use spoiler tags, I'd prefer not to give that much away too soon. At least not publicly. But I will point out that Daybreaker's return is foreshadowed in Boast Buddies. I'm willing to offer details to anyone who asks if they want to make a story that also includes foreshadowing to Daybreaker's return.

Sickness and Reunion by King Cocoon: This is two episodes acting as a single arc for Trixie's past. Part 1, Sickness, is generally about Scootaloo starting to feel sick, with headaches, achy muscles, exhaustions, and other symptoms. It gets to the point where one day, Scootaloo just passes out. She's taken to the hospital. The doctors are confused about what's happening, since they've never seen this before... at least not in pegasi. Trixie, who check on her and hears the symptoms has a haunted look on her face. She recognizes the condition as Macro Arcanum (or an overproduction of magic). This confuses the doctors because it's a condition exclusive to unicorns. But Trixie's experience with the condition makes her desperate to find a cure. She says to herself how she can't go through this again (foreshadowing). Trixie refuses to listen to the doctors when they say that it's not Macro Arcanum, since it's a condition that affects only arcane magic, which only unicorns have. But she's not thinking rationally. Eventually this will lead to Trixie running away from Ponyville, unable to handle witnessing another pony being taken by that condition. Ditzy will end up following, leading into the second episode, Reunion. Trixie's already leaving on the train when Ditzy reveals herself to her. Trixie is opposed to someone following, since the reason for her leaving wasn't only because of Scootaloo, but because of the upcoming family reunion. The annual reunion is the anniversary of when Trixie got her cutie mark, when she was accepted as Princess Luna's protege, and her mother's death (not all in the same year though, but Trixie getting her cutie mark on that day isn't something she'd prefer to remember). This story will have a back and forth narrative between the present day and the past. The reunion is between Trixie, her father (Jackpot), her grandmother (Bella Lulamoon, AKA Bellatrix Lulamoon V), and Luna. They get together to mourn Spectacle's death (Trixie's mother, AKA Bellatrix Lulamoon VI, and yes, that means that Trixie's full name is Bellatrix Lulamoon VII (it's a family name that will be revealed in the Season 1 finale)), celebrate Trixie's birthday (if you can call that celebrating) and Luna's accepting her, reunite in general with family, and tell stories (something that was added when Luna joined the anniversary, to inform Luna on what the missing member of the family was like and their experiences. Generally, they spend a week a year so that they have time to catch up. One of the things that they do is Trixie and Jackpot have a magic duel, a way to let Trixie vent her emotions (which originally began as Jackpot putting on a magic show to try to cheer her up). This year however, the duel becomes more heated because of recent events with Scootaloo. I comes down to Luna having to stop the duel when it becomes too dangerous. There's not much else that I have planned (and I'd like to avoid adding too much more to the black wall of text. I will say that it has a happy ending and Scootaloo didn't actually have Macro Arcanum (since it is exclusive to unicorns). But what she was going through, I'll leave you wondering (which I may add as a part three to show Scootaloo's side of things). The general intent of this story is to show that Trixie has a good relationship with her family, a response to how many AUs have her in a more dysfunctional family (which was once pointed out by Legendbringer in one of his YouTube readings (specifically in the Manehattenverse... I think).

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but ALL of this is REALLY good. Yeah, I can definitely see ALL of these. :-D

Anyway, the reason I took so long (beyond self-admitted laziness [though that is part of it too]) is because I was trying to think of a couple more story suggestions for anybody who wants to tackle them.

Road To Marerocco (pretty much a gender-flipped homage to the Bob Hope and Bing Crosby "Road" pictures with Trixie and Twilight in the respective roles of Hope and Crosby and Flash Sentry in a more badflank version of the Dorothy Lamour role). Trixie is heading to Saddle Arabia for a diplomatic mission with Twilight planning on going so she can study the culture. The two find out and agree to travel together to make the trip more enjoyable. Also along on the trip is a guard named Flash Sentry whom Luna assigned to assist Trixie on this mission (as all of her friends are already busy on other jobs) Once in Saddle Arabia, the trio have to help out against an evil chancellor looking for a helmet that grants him the power to control minds as well as greatly amplify the strength and durability of anybody under his control (this would basically be an Evil Counterpart to the Element of Loyalty). Admittedly, I haven't thought of a name for the villain yet, but anybody who likes the idea enough to tackle it could probably think of something. This would be either late-season two or early-season three

"Waiting For The Other Horseshoes to Drop": As with the previous suggestion, this would be either late-season two or early-season three By sheer chance, Spoiled Rich uncovers a set of magic golden horseshoes her husband Filthy picked up at an auction. These horseshoes grant her the powers to read minds and see the future as well as the strength and durability of 100 world class athletes and the power to mentally manipulate the element of Earth to the point of being able to create localized earthquakes, fling boulders with her mind and mentally shape large amounts of rock and dirt into good-sized shields. At first, she just uses the mind reading and future-seeing powers to help her husband's business in order to make him (and her) even richer (i.e. by knowing when something majorly good is coming so Filthy can capitalize, knowing when something really bad is coming so Filthy can avoid it and also knowing when a potential business partner or rival is lying to them), but she slowly gets corrupted (well, more than she already was) by all this knowledge and power (so, yeah, these four golden horseshoes together serve as an Evil Counterpart to the Element of Honesty). The Element Bearers try to stop her once she starts getting into "take over the world" mode, but those golden horseshoes allow Spoiled to literally know the heroes' every move before they themselves do, which give her the tactical advantage, and the strength, durability and Earth manipulation to give the group one heck of a fight even without the aforementioned mind-reading and future-seeing.

"Dragon Brawl XYZ" (This would be mid-to-late-season two): Twilight finds out about the Great Dragon Migration and looks to study it. She invites the Element Bearers in order to watch it with her (figuring it could be both entertaining AND educational). Things go well at first, until the seven come across a young dragon getting bullied by larger young dragons and a few of the Element Bearers jump in to help out the dragon getting bullied. It turns out that the dragon getting bullied is THIS universe's Spike, whom Luna had returned to the Dragon Lands immediately after he hatched. The leader of the ones bullying him was named Garble, who happened to be the older brother of a female dragon named Smolder that Garble, with his over-protective big brother instincts going on high, thought Spike was getting just slightly too close to. After spending some time getting to know each other through an equal mix of comic misadventures and action-packed close calls (plus the ponies getting to learn a bit more about dragon culture and Spike learning a few self-defense tricks that he can use to improve his chances against Garble and his goons), Spike, the Element Bearers and Twilight part on pretty good terms (with Spike and Twilight keeping in touch through semi-regular letters).

This is one for the Season Three finale: "Sunset Over Ponyville and Canterlot": Sunset Shimmer, Luna's personal student before Trixie returns after a more than decade long exile. Having spent more than two years of hunting, Sunset now has the Alicorn Amulet, the tome from Inspiration Manifestation, the mind control helmet from "Road To Marerocco" AND the set of golden horseshoes from "Waiting For The Other Horseshoes To Drop", meaning that she has darker counterparts to FOUR of the Elements of Harmony boosting her already formidable power to levels so high that it takes the best combined efforts of EVERY good-aligned pony in Ponyville, Canterlot AND the Crystal Empire (as well as a few of the more pragmatic villains willing to form a temporary alliance with the heroes) to stand ANY chance against her AT ALL.

And, in addition to the stuff I posted last night, here is another couple of ideas for suggestions:

"Masking For It": (this is for early-to-mid Season Three) No thoughts about the wearer, but I was thinking of an ancient magic mask that could grant the wearer the ability to do absolutely anything as long as it is meant to be funny at the time it happens (kind of like Pinkie Pie or Cheese Sandwich, but at a higher level than BOTH of them COMBINED). Unfortunately (and predictably), this power comes at the cost of the wearer's sanity. It was actually originally intended to make a single soldier powerful enough to fight Discord on equal hoofing, but it naturally got corrupted beyond its initial purpose. So, yeah, this is the Evil Counterpart to the Element of Laughter.

"Looking To Get Crowned" (mid-Season Three): A magic crown is found that can grant the one who wears it powerful healing magic as well as a potent telepathic link with plants and animals. The downside is that the crown drains the life force AND soul of the wearer so the longer the crown is worn and the more the power is used (no matter how noble the intent), the more drained and corrupted the wearer gets. So, yeah, this is the Evil Counterpart to the Element of Kindness.

As I said, though, these are suggestions, (as are all of the ones from my post last night), so anybody who can think of enough to make these ideas work is welcome to them.

Lord King Cocoon
Group Admin

7194803 7195448
Basically, you just wrote a story arc for Season 3 in general. I do like your ideas for the alternate corrupted elements. But there are a few details that I would modify, since they would slightly conflict with plans I already had established.

First of all, I'd slightly modify Spoiled Rich's story, though there'd be little I'd have to do. I intended her to be a member of Solaris, and Filthy also being a member only for the sake of his daughter, Basically, he's keeping Spoiled in check on how she raises Diamond Tiara, making sure that she's not raised to be fully corrupted. I would've also had Filthy try to get in contact with the Element Bearers to try to get DT away from Spoiled and out of Solaris. I'd also downplay the power of the corrupted Honesty a bit. The reason I'm making Trixie so dangerous with the Alicorn Amulet is because of her connection to the true Element of Magic. Not to say the corrupted Elements aren't dangerous on their own, just that when combined with the true elements, they feed off the energy. Basically, I'd downplay the future reading slightly. I'd modify it from seeing the definite future to seeing a possible future based on how things play out. That can make it so that the farther into the future she looks, the less accurate the prediction is. And as for reading minds, I'd keep it more on surface level thoughts. Though being in proximity to Maud's Element of Honesty could potentially boost the power so that she can see deeper into subconscious thoughts. Though I think Maud will be the foil, since being the Element of Honesty would mean that there's nothing to hide. Basically, the corrupted Element's mind reading doesn't work if the thoughts have already been said or expressed. I'm limiting it to surface thoughts so that Filthy will be able to hide his plans for DT the fact that he's not truly loyal to Solaris.

I didn't really have plans for Spike. But it's because of the differences in this timeline. Luna doesn't use dragon egg hatching as an entrance test. Though that doesn't mean Spike wouldn't exist, just that he would've been raised as a normal dragon. But I do like the premise for that story for the most part.

Like Spike, I didn't have plans for Sunset Shimmer. The primary change I'd make with her is that rather than making her an ex-protege of Luna, I'd probably have her a member of Solaris. And the main reason for this is because Luna's reasons for taking Trixie as her protege is more on a personal level rather recognizing an exceptional student (though that did help to make her decision).

Though I'd probably change the reasoning for why the corrupted laughter was made, I love that idea. I'm picturing something like a combination of the mask from The Mask and The Joker.

And as for corrupted kindness, I can't think of much to change. But I can't help but picture the crown of thorns that Fluttershy gets in The Immortal Game. Perhaps as a backstory, it was originally made as a normal crown, or perhaps a crown of vines for the sake of the nature aesthetic. But the corruption caused thorns to grow from the vines. Perhaps that's how the power activates; by growing thorns and absorbing the blood of the wearer.

I don't have much to say about corrupted loyalty. But like corrupted honesty, I may have the powers slightly downplayed when not drawing off of the true Loyalty.

Yeah. I could see all of that reasoning quite well and you make really good points. Thanks very much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11