Audiobooks 180 members · 7,729 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Can anyone list some readers whose readings are posted as downloadable MP3 files? I can't download YouTube audio. I just want the mp3 files on my phone.

Illya Leonov posts his readings on Soundcloud, here. He's the only one I know. I'm pretty sure Scribbler did too at one time, 'coz I have a lot of MP3 files of her readings, but I can't find the site now.

Hi Bad Horse,
First I would like to redirect you to the website https://mlpaudiobooks.net/. There you can find all sorts of MP3s ready for download. Sure the uplands are not organized well, but will definitely find some gems. My guess is the MP3s are a mix from official downloads and Youtube audio when it was still easy to get.

To answer your questions. I fond these readers though I am sure that there are more readers out there which provide MP3s for free. Also some readers put there MP3 downalds behind Patreon perks:

• TheLostNarrator: You can find her download links in the video description. Also audiobooks which are younger than a year might not have a download link. [Link]
  • Thornquill: You can find his audiobooks on his bandcamp. [Link]
  • Chinchillax: Reads his own fanfics and you can find the Links in the video description of his Youtube channel. [Link
  • Sparrow9642: He reads his own fanfics, and you can find the MP3s on his bandcamp account. [Link]
  • EAST Corp Productions: The Fallout Equestria audio plays by EAST Corp can be downloaded in from the video description. [Link]
  • Krickis: He provides MP3s for only readings of his own stories (Looking Glass and By Blood or Choice) [Link]
  • Luna Farrowe: She did a reading of Through the Well of Pirene and it can be downloaded in her  bandcamp account. [Link]
  • NightFalls Radio: They did only a reading of Anthropology, which can be downloaded in the video description.  [Link]

Thanks very much! This is a great list. BTW Ilya Leonov no longer posts his new readings to soundcloud, because it cost money.

All of mine are available as MP3 files linked in the video description.
Another thing you could do on your phone is download NewPipe. It allows you to download as video or audio files.
But I agree, MP3 links are better.

Thanks! As far as I can tell, the only one of your stories with audio is Please Insert Ponies. It would make it easier for people to download if you posted direct links to all the audio files for a story under the story description, or in the first comment, or in an Author's Comment just before the first chapter.

I read other peoples' stories as well. Last chapter of my Dudley story goes live today and I'll be posting another of my stories during BABSCon this weekend.
Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought about adding download links to my actual fanfiction descriptions. It's out of my control what other people post in their descriptions.
Although, I have been considering a download link for zip folders of full stories once they're complete.
If you think it's a good idea, I could create a blog post for audio files...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6