Sci-Flashlight 61 members · 103 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hey everyone,

So, on Father's Day, I was watching Captain Marvel with my dad when this scene came on:

There's something about that scene that just reminded me of our favorite blue-haired Equestria boy. Okay, before a whole bunch of angry tumblr feminists come after me with torches and pitchforks, please let me explain myself. So, a lot of Flash's fans, myself included, see Flash as a guy who fights for what's right even when it's hard. We also tend to characterize him as somebody who gets up no matter how many times he gets knocked down. Furthermore, we sometimes characterize him as someone who gets put down a lot by other people (this part may have been just a reaction to all the hate he gets from the rest of the fandom) and still keeps getting up.

While I was watching that scene, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be so awesome if Flash had a Captain Marvel-esque superhero origin story?" Captain Marvel's powers wouldn't look bad on Flash either. I mean, I've seen stories of Flash as a Power Ranger and as Spider-Man, but wouldn't Flash make an amazing Captain Marvel? I think he would, but that's just me.

6893339 Totally agree. And not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty sure I did the Flash standing up when he's knocked down trope a few times with pretty good results. Also, I've been thinking of doing a Flash super hero story. PM me if you want more details.

I admit, I have not seen Captain Marvel yet. However, this does look great and saying it describes Flash too is very accurate. No matter how many times he gets knocked down he always gets back up and keeps fighting because it is the right thing to do.

Sadly I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet, but this was a pretty good scene.
And you're right, we do tend to characterize him like that.
Also:

I mean, I've seen stories of Flash as a Power Ranger and as Spider-Man

You flatter me.

I would like to see that story. Mind sharing on a PM with me?

I haven't either, and I agree. I haven't got there yet, but there will be plenty of times where Spider-Flash gets knocked down and questions whether or not he should keep fighting. And that's BEFORE the Snap.
But he gets back up and keeps fighting because, as you said, it's the right thing to do. Though in really bad cases he needs help from some good friends, and the best girlfriend (Sci-Twi.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4