E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

In regards to the Student Six, I don’t have anything against them. They’re actually among the characters that I find to be enjoyable in their own way. However, I also can’t help but feel that Seasons 8 & 9 openly underused them at the most, and that the School of Friendship was a terrible way of having them come together.

But, that’s where I came up with a particularly interesting idea recently:

Instead of the School of Friendship ever being made following the events of the 2017 MLP film, what if the non-pony members of the Student Six became foreign exchange students for Equestria and attend a Ponyville high school with Sandbar? 

I mean, think about it. Everything about that idea would’ve been so much more simple and sensical compared to Twilight starting up her own school, and it certainly wouldn’t have caused the meaning or importance of Friendship to get compromised. Heck, Twilight could still take charge of their time in Equestria, and assume responsibility for their well-being and actions since it’s an idea she’d propose.

Also, having the Student Six be members of a Ponyville high school would help them become heroes of their own making thanks to learning a great deal about Friendship by themselves. Including facing foes that the Main Six never encountered before. 

When it comes to new villains, the biggest example would obviously be the real Grogar. A spin-off or alternate series focusing on the Student Six is pretty much the only thing I’d ever approve of seeing the real Grogar in, because introducing him as a one-timer antagonist in Season 9 would openly undermine his potential. Cozy Glow would’ve also been a perfect new adversary for the Student Six to combat, mainly since a relationship of sorts was building between them in Season 8. And, it would also give a great opportunity for naturally introducing more new characters.

What do you guys think?

ABSOLUTELY!! 💯 :pinkiehappy:

When did season 8 underuse them?

They had five episodes of development

School Daze, Non-Compete Clause, Hearth's Warming Club, What Lies Beneath, and School Raze

Counting premier and finale as one episode each, that's some 20 episodes of wasted potential - not helped by NCC skipping NINE MONTHS of time (and a lot of later episodes feel like they'd fit somewhere within that time frame)

not helped by NCC skipping NINE MONTHS of time (and a lot of later episodes feel like they'd fit somewhere within that time frame)

Yeah, what was even the POINT of that time-skip to begin with? >:/

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5