The Royal Canterlot Family 19 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

[I hope I didn't do any mistake in topic name...]
One of the thing I just love in this series is just how musical-like it is. the song are great, sometimes really surprising (for example I never expected I'd find here "The Plagues"!) and yet so well fitting...
And if I didn't miss any... there are already 91 songs included in the series!

I even make whole playlist with songs from this series (well this is how I know exactly how many of them there is) - and called it "Królewska Rodzina Canterlotu". It's in Polish and means "The Royal Canterlot Playlist" :twilightsmile:
Its name is in Polish... because firstly it was for my personal use but now I thought - why not to share it?
But most of the song in it are in its Polish version. Because really in most cases they are so much better... so whenever i could find Oolish version i use it insteat of English one. So You of course could do English version of the playlist... or better just listen to that one:raritywink:
But for some song I didn't find it... anyway here's the link to mentioned playlist and summary of it(position of songs, and the story they  from, and number of the song in story):

• 1-2 - "The Jokester" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 3-15 - "Midnight Dance" (13 songs)
  • 16 "To Be a Princess" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
    17-18 "Don't Jillt Zephyr Breeze" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 19-37 - "Sweet Pea" (19 songs... I most likely mis something there... fixed... it was 15 songs. Most of them withoug polish version:pinkiesad2:)
  • 38-46 - "Daughter of the Moon" (9 songs) [side note to number 20 - I know this video has actually 2 songs and just second was in RCF... but I couldn't find them separated in Polish on Youtube so I just go with that version]
  • 47-56 - "The Phoenix Tear" (10 songs)
  • 57-61 - "The Family of the Season" (5 songs (I decide to not include "Gran pas de deux del Cascanueces" - from Scoot and Rumble's performance - as its more ballet's part than a song... co long and just instrumental))
  • 62-81 "What Lies Within" (21 songs(well actually 19, becasue "The poor unfortuante soul" is splited for some reasons I don't actually get... the version in one video is blocked))
  • 82 -"Dragon Land" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 83-91 "Woodland Romance" (9 songs (and 2 not included instrumentals))
  • 92-104 "Crown of Winter" (13 songs)
  • 105 - some oneshot [the song is "Strangers like me"](I don't remember which one)(Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 106 "Summer Days" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 107 "Angel of Music" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 108-122 "The Bonds of Family" (15 songs)
  • 123 "Romance in Maris" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 124 "The Dancer, The Bounty Hunter, and The Sailor" (Royal Canterlot Family - oneshots series, 11 songs together)
  • 126-140 "A world Above" (16 songs)

If i miss anything/put something in bad order or misqualified some songs (I do this just from my memories, just sometimes checking titles of oneshot's name) let me know.
And also I didn't read oneshots from "The Royal Canterlot Family" oneshot series after first part of "Romance in Maris" and nothing from "Love Tap of Marendelle" or "Quest for family" yet. So don't be surprised there's no song from them. (So yeah it could already be over 100 - isn't that just awesome?:rainbowkiss:)
Edit: It's actually at least 136 songs it still could be something more...

I also wonder what we will see next... or what You'd want to see next. Here are my types (ranked from what I want to see the most... what's mostly base on my liking of the songs) - sometimes with short explanation... and I so much love my language that links will lead to polish version - if such exist.

1. "On Your/My own" - from "Sofia the First" - a really great battle-song I instantly fall in love with. And it would fit perfectly world such as Equestria. (This is also one of the songs I'm going to use in one of my fanfictions.)
  2. "Hellfire" - from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" - one of the themes of next instalment will be corruption... so what songs would fit better than It? (Well okay, maybe "A tale of one shadow"...) Beside is great song. And well actually once ponified... but with completely reversing the meaning
  3. "Hell to Your Doorstep" - from "Count of Monte Cristo"... and yeah I like german version better so I linked to it - next songs perfectly fitting theme of corruption. If it will be redemption to corrupted character then reprise of it and of "I will be there" would fit perfectly. Generally songs from Cound monte Cristo are great and i would like to see them in RCF version. Especially "I will be there", "Rise a glass", "A story Told", "Thats what they say". And previously mentioned reprises.
  4. "When You believe" - from "Prince of Egypt" - great song for final of epic story.
  5. "Playing with the Big Boys" - from "Prince of Egypt" - great songs for some antagonists.
  6. "Deliver us" - from "Prince of Egypt" - it could be difficult to fit that songs but it was so great that it could turned out really epic.
  7. "Ready as I'll ever be" - from "Tangled the series" - great pre-battle song which actually could fit in themes of next instalment too. (This is also one of the songs I'm going to use in one of my fanfictions.)
  8. "Son of man" - from "Tarzan" - There are a lot great songs from Tarzan already used, so why not this one?
  9. "Two worlds" - from "Tarzan" - There are a lot great songs from Tarzan already used, so why not this one?
  10. "The Fallen Kingdom Series" - though "just minecraft parodies" they are great songs, which definitely could be part of an epic story!
  11. "I'am the girl like You" - from "Barbie as Princes and the Pauper" - actually is something I missed from Pheonix Tear - it perfectly fit the story and also is the only song from "Princes and the Pauper" not included in the serie

(I hope Author Sisters wouldn't mind this topic - Yeah, Author Sisters is my term for CartoonNerd and KidAtHaert, based on name "Royal Sisters":ajsmug: - after all it could turned out to be source of inspiration for them. It's actually first part of earlier christmass gifts for You, dear Author Sister... and fellow coreaders too ;) )

Hummm.... Let me get back to you with my thoughts

I did mention to CN12 how great "Ready as I'll Ever Be" would have been for the preparation montage in Sweet Pea, but that song came out AFTER CN12 wrote that story.

I personally would love to see something from The Greatest Showman in this story.

I would LOVE to have songs from "The Greatest Showman" in the RCF series; that soundtrack was great!

That's a great song isn't it? :raritywink:
But wait, what preparation montage? I didn't remember any scene from Sweet Pea I really feel it will fit... for me it felt like kind of "battle preparations song"... So I intend it to use
could You maybe describe more clearly what do You mean (I read Sweet Pea last time sooo long ago...)
Also could You link for some song from The Greatest Showman You mentioned?

The part where everyone gears up to save Button from Caballeron.

Here's one of my favorites:

I admit, that song is really great... I listen to it again and again... unfortunately it hasn't official polish version but i find really cool cover ^^

And about this scene... I wonder who will play who... Sweetie as Rapunzel? Diamond Tiara as Varian? I have no idea about other characters... well I think I have to reread this fragment.

KidatHeart5
Group Admin

This playlist is great! :pinkiehappy: Whew! I didn't know we had so many songs included! :applejackconfused: If Foxhelm is making an English version of your playlist, he and I might have the same idea.

Actually more - 136.
Not counting any songs from "Quest for the family" or "Love Tap of Marendelle"... and I guess there are some too.
I missed:

• 1 song from Midnight Dance
  • 15 songs from Sweet Pea
  • 3 songs from Daughter of the Moon
  • 2 songs from What lies Within
  • 4 songs from Woodland Romance
  • 9 songs from Crown of Winter
  • 7 songs from The Bond of Familu
  • 3 songs from The World Above
  • 5 songs from Oneshot series.

Together 49 songs! That's a lot...
I noticed that "Sweet pea" and "What lies within" seems to be the most musical-like... though they both have the same number of songs but... "Sweet pea" is twice as long.

Edit: Added two songs from "Don't Jilt Zephyr Breeze"... and there are 2 next to come and at least 7 from "Love Tap of Marendelle".. now I'm starting to wonder if we even need 9th instalment to reach 200 songs...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9