The Writing Process 280 members · 902 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I don't think my writing is the best.
Due to my anxiety and the fact that one of my stories has been rewritten multiple times I question my ability to write and if what I write is good.
I would prefer honest opinions on the quality of what I have written.
Which story gets the best ratings will get focused on for a new chapter more heavily than the others...

Which one has been rewritten? I'll take a look at that one for you.

currently, I only have one chapter for the rewritten one, I am actually in the process of writing the second chapter.
Fallout Equestria: New Heights

I read some of the first chapter and I can see one problem.

You need an editor.
Someone that can help you polish up your story so it's better.
I found a bunch of issues like awkward phrasing and other issues.

Also at a higher level, you would be better off writing your story as a sequence of scenes.
This would allow users to sense your world. Readers love being able to soak up all of the relevant details.

Definitely go over your work and revise it but put a limit to it.
Why?

There are aspects of writing that you won't catch issues reliably unless you've been writing a long time.
You need someone else to point out your problems. Don't rely on readers because they just want to read.

Editors and or other writers have the background to see what's wrong, and give you some idea how to fix things.

What problems do you see? If you list them off I can go through and fix them.
I do agree that I need to find an editor or maybe even two. Do you have any suggestions on where to look?

There are sites here that can help.
Check my profile page, it has a list of groups that do editing.
Let me know if it's a pain.

Make sure you get a Google docs account, it's free.
Put your story up on google docs.
Give everyone else comment rights. the app defaults to view which won't help you.
Why do you want to do this?

For one, it's easier to point out issues and have a conversation about it because they can highlight exactly where the problem is.
Can't do that with looking at your story here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6