The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What the title says. This is the thread that will be the workshop to revise these chapters that former Disney Chronicles member, Jeweliu, had once attempted, with my help as his former co-author.

I told him to wait for both mine and Dino's approval, but apparently he didn't listen and went ahead and published the story, before I could finish revising, and as expected, it was a disaster.

In the end, Jeweliu was banished, while I held a fragment of our former "partnership."

1. Symphony No. 5 by Ludwig van Beethoven. Introduced by Deems Taylor.

Abstract patterns and shapes that resemble butterflies in various colorful shades, tints, and hues explore a world of light and darkness whilst being pursued by a swarm of black bats.

Deems Taylor: "It's my very pleasant duty to welcome you here on behalf of all the other artists and musicians whose combined talents went into the creation of this new form of entertainment, Fantasia. What you will see on the screen is a picture of the various abstract images that might pass through your mind if you sat in a concert hall listening to this music. Now, there are three kinds of music on this Fantasia program. First, there's the kind that tells a definite story. Then there's the kind, that while it has no specific plot, does paint a series of more or less definite pictures. Then there's a third kind, music that exists simply for its own sake. Now, the number that opens our Fantasia program is music of this third kind."

[Cue Symphony no.5]

2. Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi. Introduced by Steve Martin and Itzhak Perlman.

Features a family of flying humpback whales.

Steve Martin: "You know, what's amazing is that many of these musicians are playing for the very first time, thanks to Steve Martin's "Two-Week Master Musician Home Study Course". More about that later. Hello, and welcome to Fantasia 2000. It's been more than 60 years since Walt Disney and his artists, teamed up with Maestro Leopold Stokowski to create a film they titled, The Concert Feature. I think we're all glad that they changed the name to Fantasia. You know, Fantasia was meant to be a perpetual work in progress. Every time you went to see it, you'd experience some new pieces along with some old familiar favorites. But that idea fell by the wayside, until now. So let me turn things over to the great Itzhak Perlman, who, I have just been informed, plays the violin. Well, so do I. Big deal. Could I have my violin, please? (A musician gives Steve's violin to him) Ahh, thank you. All right, boys, let's... (bow slips from his hands, then the camera moves) Oh! Oh, sorry. Could I have another stick thingy, please? Oh, and camera back on me. Camera back on me. Ca... Am I done?"

Itzhak Perlman: "When you hear a title like Pines of Rome, you might think of tree-lined streets and romantic ruins, but when the Disney animators heard this music, they thought of something completely different. Here is the Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maestro James Levine, performing Ottorino Respighi's Pines of Rome."

3. Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin. Introduced by Quincy Jones and pianist Ralph Grierson.

Sets in New York City, the story follows four individuals named Duke, Joe, Rachel and John, who wish for a better life.

Quincy Jones: "Beautiful, Ralph. Hi. Next, we're gonna take you to the streets of New York City for a piece that's inspired by a couple of my favorite artists. First there's the illustrator, Al Hirschfeld, who's been drawing celebrities and Broadway stars for most of the 20th century. And then there's composer songwriter, George Gershwin who took jazz off the streets, dressed her up, and took her to the concert hall. My friend, Ralph Grierson plays piano on this next number, and it all starts with a single slinky note on a clarinet, and a simple line on a piece of paper. Ladies and gentlemen, Rhapsody in Blue."

4. Piano Concerto No. 2, Allegro, Opus 102 by Dmitri Shostakovich. Introduced by Bette Midler featuring pianist Yefim Bronfman.

Follows the story of a broken toy soldier with one leg falls in love with a toy ballerina and protects her from an evil jack-in-the-box.

Bette Midler: "Hi. You may not know this, but over the years, the Disney artists have cooked up dozens of ideas for new Fantasia segments. Some of them made it to the big screen this time, but others, lots of others... How can I put this politely? Didn't. For example, the Danish illustrator, Kay Nielsen drew these sketches for a segment inspired by Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries. Here they are, and there they go. Now, Salvador Dali, you know, the "limp watches" guy, he got into the act with an idea that featured baseball as a metaphor for life. How come that didn't work? Makes perfect sense to me. Let's see, then we had a bug ballet, and a baby ballet, and for a time, they even considered a sequence inspired by The Polka and the Fugue, from Weinberger's Schwanda the Bagpiper. But finally, a success. The Disney artists wanted to create a short film, based on Hans Christian Andersen's wonderful fairy tale, The Steadfast Tin Soldier, but they could never find the perfect musical match, until now. Here is Yefim Bronfman, playing the Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 2, and The Steadfast Tin Soldier."

5. The Carnival of the Animals (Le Carnival des Animaux), Finale by Camille Saint-Saëns. Introduced by James Earl Jones with animator Eric Goldberg.

Features of flamingoes who are forcing their "black sheep" of the flock to do the same dull routine, against playing his yo-yos.

James Earl Jones: "These drawing boards have been the birthplace of some of the most beloved animal characters of all time. So it's no surprise that the artists choose for out next segment The Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saëns. Here, the sensitive strains of impressionistic music combine with the subtle artistry of the animator, to finally answer that age-old question, "What is man's relationship to nature?" (is handed a note) Oh, sorry. That age-old question, "What would happen if you gave a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?" (turns to look off-camera) Who wrote this?"

6. «Flashback of the Disney Chronicle's the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Penn and Teller: "Hey Mickey! How about we all take a trip down memory lane?"
    Mickey: (Chuckles) "My pleasure! Mis-ka, Mou-skaMickey Mouse!"

7. Pomp and Circumstance – Marches 1, 2, 3 and 4 by Edward Elgar. Introduced by James Levine featuring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

Based on the story of Noah's Ark.

Mickey Mouse: "Mr. Levine! (chuckles) Okay, Mr. Levine. Everybody's in place for the next number."

James Levine: "Thanks, Mickey."

Mickey Mouse: (pulling on Levine's coat) Psst!

James Levine: "When..."

Mickey Mouse: But we can't find Donald, so you stay here and stall for time. I'll be right back. (he exits and is heard yelling offstage; yelling) Donald! Oh, Donald!

James Levine: When we hear Sir Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance, we think of a graduation ceremony.

Mickey Mouse: Donald, where are ya?

James Levine: Actually, Elgar composed it for many kinds of solemn events.

Mickey Mouse: Donald!

James Levine: This march inspired the Disney artists to recreate the age-old story...

Mickey Mouse: Donald Duck, are you hiding in...?

Daisy Duck: (shrieking) Aaaah!

Mickey Mouse: Oh, sorry, Daisy.

James Levine: ...of Noah's Ark, with one slight twist.

Mickey Mouse: (knocking on door) Oh, Donald Duck!

Donald Duck: Who is it?

(Mickey and Donald's shadows are projected against a panel; Donald is in the shower)

Mickey Mouse: Donald, it's me, Mickey. You're on in 30 seconds. Hurry!

Donald Duck: What? You've gotta be kidding! I'm not even dressed...

Mickey Mouse: (peeking out from behind a wall) Psst! Okay, Jim, he's on his way. Go to the intro.

James Levine: Ladies and gentlemen, Pomp and Circumstance, starring Donald Duck.

8. Firebird Suite—1919 Version by Igor Stravinsky. Introduced by Angela Lansbury.

Angela Lansbury: "Walt Disney described the art of animation as a voyage of discovery into the realms of color, sound and motion. The music from Igor Stravinsky's ballet, The Firebird, inspires such a voyage. And so we conclude this version of Fantasia with a mythical story of life, death and renewal."

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Some of the suggestions that JD had saved and posted in the Quote Suggestions forum thread. So much to revise.

Who's idea was it to include politics? It's been a long time, but Jeweliu originally intended to have Chancellor Neighsay run for mayor.(Link)

It was another beautiful morning in Equestria. Celestia's sun was shining down on the School of Friendship, as Twilight overlooked a huge stage being set up for an upcoming school play.

Accompanying her are two of her friends from the Book of Disney, Jiminy Cricket and Merlin.

"Smolder!" Merlin called out. "I'd watch that pulley if I were you!"

"Gallus! Keep working on your lines, opening night is just around the corner!" Jiminy called out.

Twilight smiled to herself in satisfaction, "Well gents. I'd say the school play for this year's ones-adversary of when Princess Celestia first raised the sun is coming along splendidly!"

"Indeed it is my dear," Merlin stroked his beard. "And it is a great honour for Jiminy and me to partake on this occasion."

“Thanks,” Twilight said.

Chancellor Neighsay was also overlooking the stage.

“This play will be the historic thing of all time.” He said.

He sighed. He was ashamed that his actions in the past endangered not only Equestria but the whole world.
I doubt the Chancellor would have a suitable role in this crossover. Politics? Really?

Trixie: Mares and Stallions, or ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to take a moment of we may to discuss a little something we like to refer to as "magic".
Teller: Picture this, royal parents of the crystal empire if you're watching this, you're at home hosting a birthday party for your daughter and you just shelled out 50 bucks in equestrian currency so some pathetic loser-no offence, Trixie.
Trixie: None Taken.
Teller: ...can pull a mangy rabbit out of a flea market hat.
Penn: At first, you might wonder to yourself... "How did he or she do that?" But then you would probably just dismiss it as some sort of a trick.
Trixie: And you know something? You'd be right! It's just a trick. It's an example of what we laughingly refer to as stage magic.
Teller: We're here to tell you that all stage magic is a fraud, a hoax, a sham. It's all based on deception and, yep, lyin'. All of it. Sleight of hand-- Iies. Trixie: Transformations-- fraud.
Penn: Dismemberment-- (Trixie screams when teller chops off one of her hooves that's actually a magic prop when revealed) rip-off!.
Teller: Fake! All are illusions. What we're here to talk about is real magic.
Trixie: They're gonna bring us a guy now who's the real deal, the genuine article. In fact, he taught Penn & Teller everything they know.
Penn: And he is featured prominently in the next sequence... from the original Fantasia, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice."
(Teller laughs)
Penn: What's so funny?
Teller: Nothing, but you know, come to think of it... when it comes to performances we had done, I always feel like the Sorcerer who's a big guy why mostly speaks and never messes anything up, and I'm his Apprentice because he's like me, a little guy who never speaks and just kinda messes everything up.
Trixie; I've never seen you fail on ANY of your shows.
Penn: Yeah, but Teller just joking.
Trixie: Oh, and now, with the assistance of the friendship princess and our most well-known DJ, we're proud to present "The Sorcerer's Apprentice".

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I remember one of us here has a fancy for the firebird. Can I get their cooperation in this operation? Haha...get it?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The Firebird segment is undoubtedly one of the major highlights of the movie. Suffice to say, the animation is stellar and it's music captivating and powerful. Now I don't know if we can do a repeat of 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' as we could easily copy-and-paste the whole segment from the first 'Fantasia' project. I'd say it be nice if instead we were to consider having 'Mickey Mouse' as a special guest star fo these adventures then figure out what to do to substitute that segment.

Maybe they could do a recreational play for the school of friendship that inspired them and reminded of their old pal Mickey one something like that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Maybe, but I'm not sure. Though I'm sure the Young Six would like to meet the very mouse who practically put Disney on the map.

Tell his students about their experience in adventure "Fantasia"
That will be a great story for them.

I like that idea!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sorry, 'his' students? Are you referring to Mickey Mouse or Jiminy Cricket? Because from what I understand, when Mr. Cricket is not involved in any adventures, word has it he's been offered a job at the School of Friendship as a professor there.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

when Mr. Cricket is not involved in any adventures, word has it he's been offered a job at the School of Friendship as a professor there.

Speaking of whom, Dino once said that Merlin will also be another Disney professor at Twilight's school, right?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes, an assembly of Disney Professors is growing. And given how Merlin values brain over brawn, makes logical sense that he'd be up for a nomination to become a professor. Would be rather fun to work with.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Btw, counting these segments, minus the "Sorcerer's Apprentice", there are a total of seven of them. I'm thinking that Fantasia 2000 will be another moment where our Equestrian heroes are scattered and each of them are in one of the musical adventures.

How about each of the Student Six are scattered and each one of them are in the musical adventures, and it's up to Princess Twilight and friends to find them! Luckily for them, Sorcerer Mickey Mouse is there to help, with a whole team of celebrities who are there to help him introduce each of the musical segments.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

That's a good idea!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Thank you!

Okay, let's see:

1. Who should we have in this world?

2. I'm sure Silverstream would have a swell time playing with the humpback whales in this segment.
  3. Rhapsody in Blue... someone would have to be as eccentric and energetic than Pinkie Pie to liven this place up.
  4. Maybe Yona could help the toy solider fight the evil Jack-In-The-Box?
  5. Carnival of animals...who would encourage that one flamingo to be himself with his yo-yo?
  6. Gallus and Donald Duck would both get into a heated argument while helping the animals evacuate in Noah's Ark.
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That would leave Sandbar, Ocellus and Smolder. Neither one I'd say are eccentric as Pinkie Pie. Maybe that wouldn't have to be the case if that's one idea of looking at this segment. Since the first world is a mismatch of shapes and sounds, which scarcely tells the story of two butterfly shapes escaping from what appears to be bats, I'd think it would either be Ocellus or Smolder. 'Rhapsody in Blue' might be tricky because Silverstream definitely has that energetic personality if she weren't already reserved in the Humpback segment. As for Carnival of Animals, I guess Sandbar would work because he's the more laid-back of the team yet seems fine with being himself whereas Ocellus would occasionally shift into other figures as if a part of her wishes she were more than just another changeling.

Which, under this circumstance, they'd all have to be assembled by the time they get to The Firebird segment at the end.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Actually, I think you're a genius when you're onto something!

1. Ocellus will be occupied with butterflies and bats.
  2. Later, the heroes will find Silverstream playing with the whales. But by the end of the segment, she would take her leave for the next musical segment before the Mane Six and Spike could get to her.
  3. Later, when they're in New York, the Mane Six and Spike would all split up to find Silverstream. At the end, they'll all put together a big party for everyone they've made friends with in New York.
  4. The heroes will find Yona helping the toy soldier fight the evil Jack-in-the-box.
  5. Sandbar will befriend the flamingo with the yo-yo, and will attempt some yo-yo tricks of his own.
  6. The heroes will find Gallus and Donald Duck arguing and fighting with each other, as they struggled to get the animals onto the ship.
  7. Lastly, Smolder will be found in the crater, as a prisoner to the Firebird.
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That is bloody brilliant! It might just work. If they were to find Smolder by the crater where the bird is sleeping, this would be more than just the forest spirit accidentally waking it up. They'd be going in hoping to reunite with Smolder, who would probably insist on getting away before that monster wakes up (But they know nothing about it). But when that spirit overlooks that strange object in the crater curiously and accidentally wakens the Firebird, that's when things get serious.

Now some would ask, why would Smolder be a prisoner? Let's not forget this creature is made of pure flames, Smolder trying to fight fire-wit-fire would likely give that bird beasty additional strength. Nah, the only way to beat a creature of pure flame is a large amount of water. Like getting it's feathers wet so it don't fly or in this case using the water to dim it's energy but not too much to destroy the creature (Especially if fire is still an important part of this world). But that'll be up to the creative team to decide.

Eeyup! Love the idea. Let hope this will be better than the previous ones from U know who?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If by 'him' you mean the one that Dino is willing to give another chance and a guy who's using this in an attempt to get in contact with me when he's not wanted... YES, I know exactly who you are talking about. But yes, these do bode more promising ideas that strays away from senseless political gain and that communism crap he's been trying to push.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

From the Transcripts Wiki.

Deems Taylor: It's my very pleasant duty to welcome you here on behalf of all the other artists and musicians whose combined talents went into the creation of this new form of entertainment, Fantasia. What you will see on the screen is a picture of the various abstract images that might pass through your mind if you sat in a concert hall listening to this music. Now, there are three kinds of music on this Fantasia program. First, there's the kind that tells a definite story. Then there's the kind, that while it has no specific plot, does paint a series of more or less definite pictures. Then there's a third kind, music that exists simply for its own sake. Now, the number that opens our Fantasia program is music of this third kind.

[Cue Symphony no.5]

Steve Martin: You know, what's amazing is that many of these musicians are playing for the very first time, thanks to Steve Martin's "Two-Week Master Musician Home Study Course". More about that later. Hello, and welcome to Fantasia 2000. It's been more than 60 years since Walt Disney and his artists, teamed up with Maestro Leopold Stokowski to create a film they titled, The Concert Feature. I think we're all glad that they changed the name to Fantasia. You know, Fantasia was meant to be a perpetual work in progress. Every time you went to see it, you'd experience some new pieces along with some old familiar favorites. But that idea fell by the wayside, until now. So let me turn things over to the great Itzhak Perlman, who, I have just been informed, plays the violin. Well, so do I. Big deal. Could I have my violin, please? (A musician gives Steve's violin to him) Ahh, thank you. All right, boys, let's... (bow slips from his hands, then the camera moves) Oh! Oh, sorry. Could I have another stick thingy, please? Oh, and camera back on me. Camera back on me. Ca... Am I done?

Itzhak Perlman: When you hear a title like Pines of Rome, you might think of tree-lined streets and romantic ruins, but when the Disney animators heard this music, they thought of something completely different. Here is the Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maestro James Levine, performing Ottorino Respighi's Pines of Rome.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The first page has been updated.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Pinkie Pie and the Firebird

"Hey Big Bird!" The Firebird turns his head to the annoying pink pony. "Betcha can't make your face crazier than THIS!"

*Imagine this is the Firebird's reaction*

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If the Firebird could make facial expressions, that's exactly how I imagined it to look seeing Pinkie shift her head to that of her Gen 3 appearance. Quite a subtle way to make a shoutout to a Generation that wasn't exactly 'popular' amongst all the others.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah with so many other quotes and other comments, it is tricky for anyone to find material like this. It's funny, just the past week or so Tiber Septim was recently venting suggesting that he tried to rewrite 'Fantasia 2000' in a 'different' way. I really want to think he doesn't want to do it the MLP style, but if I know that asshole... He stubbornly wants to keep doing it to get into the group. Urgh…

I swear people like him are not as smart as they claim to be especially when we can clearly READ HIS INTENTIONS INSTEAD OF JUSTING USING THE BLOODY PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM!!!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Finding Smolder

After consulting Yen Sid about their troubles, the wise wizard quickly went to his crystal ball, "Quiet now," He ordered. "I must concentrate," Focusing his powers into the ball, an image appeared in the magic ball, which revealed itself to be a sad lonely dragon, entrapped in a cavern of sort.

"IT'S SMOLDER!" Spike identified.

"She's a prisoner!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Smolder! Smolder!" Spike shouted. "Where are you?"

"She can't hear you, young dragon," Yen Sid spoke solemnly. "This is only an image."

"But where is she?" Twilight asked. "And who would keep her prisoner?"

"That I cannot answer," The wizard replied. "However, I detect her presence to be in the next world where an even greater force of power sleeps. A power who knows no good or evil, but only life and death. And if your student Smolder is held captive there, she is in grave danger."

I think i know who has Smolder

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If Smolder would be where we suspect her to be, the team will have to proceed with absolute caution at best.

Eeyup, definitely in trouble.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Definitely have a rough idea as to whom put a thumbs down on P.D.'s post, let's just hope that guy is proud of himself... If he's willing to call himself a man.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What're you talking about?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well nothing NOW because it disappeared. And I was referring to those occasions when every other use has that one bold, in red, thumbs down on some comments though it's not always because it's anything bad but because jerks like Tiber Septim and Kcharros hate our guts for firing them.

But since that's not on one of your posts anymore, I'm going to assume if not them, someone else was scared straight into thinking doing the initial thumbs down would be so scared they'd get caught and then get 'fired'... Or, maybe it was just a mistake like accidentally pushing the 'leave' button due to how big it is.

You know what? Just forget that ever happened, I doubt anyone else knows what I'm saying... Which I've grown used to over the years (Even when I'm not doing the 'actual' talking).

Introduction to James Earl Jones

“So, your the ponies and the little tyke that Taylor here told me about.” The dark skinned man said. His voice is deep and powerful just like...someone they knew.

“Mufasa!” Exclaimed Twilight.

James looked puzzled at that. “Who are you talking about?”

“Its just... we knew someone who kind of sounded like you a long time ago.” Said Rainbow.

“Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that.” Said James apologetically to them. “It seems that my voice reminds you of a dear friend who passed on somewh...” He was cut off as Pinkie rushed forward to him beaming from ear to ear. “Jones as in James Earl Jones. Your Vader, Darth Vader’ well not physically’ but the voice. I’m such a fan, can I have your autograph?”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That will be something, for the cast to meet the man who gave his voice for Mufasa. Something that would go on for the pilot of 'The Lion Guard', before he was replaced by a soundalike, and reprising said role for the remake (Which is partly the only reasons fans paid to see that movie).

I imagine when after the firebird completely burnt down the forest and the group of heroes are safe from the fire because the spirit tried to protect them by leading the firebird away from them.

Once the group saw the devastation become sad and worried for the kind spirit was no where to be find and the elk deer show them the way to the saddest sight they seen of spirit of spring. Weaken in despair wallowing in ashes with sad eyes.

Of course, the group tried to console her with compassion and kindness, that the young 6 went on how things may seem hopeless, but there’s always a way to make things right again and they want to help in any way they can. Which then, it brought grateful tears in the spirit eyes and the rest is history.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes it will most definitely be a sad moment for the girls especially when it seems one of their good friends is killed. But the way it all turns out, there is that one shred of light in a pit of darkness.

Indeed.

What come after the destruction; life renew again as like the cycle of life.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Absolutely. Thus being the theme of 'The Firebird' segment:

Life... Death... And rebirth.

Sandbar shows off his new friend to the group

Twilight: That you are, Sandbar.
Sandbar: Hello, everypony. I've only been here for a short time.
Sandbar: But I had made a new friend in Floy.
Spike: Floy? Who is Floy?
Sandbar: Oh right, you have not met him yet.
Sandbar: Yo, Floy comes over and meets the other.
A goofy-looking flamingo walks up to the group with a yo-yo.
Sandbar: Everyone met Floy, one of the best yo-yo masters around here.
Soon Floy starts doing a few yo-yo tricks for the group.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Poor grammar work aside... I think it's possible we can make this work.

Now if only we could finish that 'one' Fantasia project first.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure Sandbar would be a nice friend to have with Mr. Floyd. An outcast amidst his own kind just because he prefers to play with a yo-yo instead of doing the same boring routines. If anything, some folks becoming very famous with their Yo-Yo tricks. Perhaps someday we might see an act having a big one in Las Vegas.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

I think I wanna sleep on a bed made of his voice.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This project should be worth exploring when we eventually get around to covering this story. We still have a way to go, but it'll be intriguing to see what steps are taken to go through with this assignment.

That’s a good reference you came up with, from Ted 2.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Of course, it would be a Ted 2 reference. Probably during that point when the guys were trying to snag something from that guy just so Ted can be a legal father or something.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46